3 Free Ubi-Soft games at FilePlanet

Yeah Im going to download Farcry and Prince of Persia...loved Farcry and now I will finally get to playing Prince of Persia.

Oh and to reiterate...all you need is a free account to download these.

WOAH.

Downloading all three. In case anyone is wondering, YES, an IGN insider account counts as a free Fileplanet account. But not a subscription, so you can't use the quick download servers. Oh well.

Now this is a CAG deal.

It says it's supported by in-game advertising but I didn't see any indication as to how this is done-- is it part of the game itself, does it install adware of some kind, or..?

[quote name='Justin42']It says it's supported by in-game advertising but I didn't see any indication as to how this is done-- is it part of the game itself, does it install adware of some kind, or..?[/quote]

HUH.

I'm sure it's not adware, I trust Gamespy that much.

It's probably, if I had to guess, advertisements during the loading screens.

Nice, I'll have to see about downloading Far Cry when I get home...

If anyone installs any of these in the meantime, let us know what the advertising entails.

[quote name='eugaet']Nice, I'll have to see about downloading Far Cry when I get home...

If anyone installs any of these in the meantime, let us know what the advertising entails.[/quote]

I saw a screenshot with a mcdonalds ad during a loading screen with GR. I don't think there are any ingame.

I've had Prince of Persia on the Xbox for years now, but haven't actually played it. I'm interested in the Rayman game, so thats the one I'm grabbing. I think I have a copy of FarCry somewhere that I never bothered to play either.

[quote name='ooga']I've had Prince of Persia on the Xbox for years now, but haven't actually played it. I'm interested in the Rayman game, so thats the one I'm grabbing. I think I have a copy of FarCry somewhere that I never bothered to play either.[/quote]

Yeah, Prince of Persia doesn't look to hot to me either, but Rayman looks cool.

Actually, I had considered getting it for the Wii, but now I can skip the first and get the second one for the Wii later this year.

Wow this is a great deal. Both POP: Sands of Time and Far Cry are great games, although I would think you will want to play POP with a controller. The PC version of Far Cry is much, much better than the xbox versions, for those of you that played those.

I just tried out Rayman.

All the advertisements are is MacDonalds images pasted on to the sides of the menu screens, and a short 15 sec or so video you have to watch about every other loading screen.

Other than that, nothing to interrupt your gameplay.

For the price, this is awesome.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']I just tried out Rayman.

All the advertisements are is MacDonalds images pasted on to the sides of the menu screens, and a short 15 sec or so video you have to watch about every other loading screen.

Other than that, nothing to interrupt your gameplay.

For the price, this is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I can live with that. Ads in loading screens and menus are fine by me, as long as the gameplay itself is untouched.

So do these require you to be online and stream these ads while you play? What if the program is blocked from getting online or if your net connection cuts out while you're playing?

Oh, and last question for those of you that have taken advantage of this: are mods and such still compatible with this version of Far Cry? And does it have online play?

[quote name='Edge']
So do these require you to be online and stream these ads while you play? What if the program is blocked from getting online or if your net connection cuts out while you're playing?[/quote]

I don't know about that. I don't think they stream though. It's always the same video, which would be an odd decision if the videos were streaming.

[quote name='Edge'] Oh, and last question for those of you that have taken advantage of this: are mods and such still compatible with this version of Far Cry? And does it have online play?[/quote]

Mods seem to be conpatible. You can reach the mods menu page, at least. I haven't tried one myself, though.

As for multiplayer, sorta.

To go online, you need a Ubisoft.com ID (which you need to play the games in the first place, you need to do a real quick registration to install the games. We're talking one-click registration, though, once you've made an ID.). You also need a CD key. Which you aren't given. :cry: So it looks like no online.

As for LAN, that might work. I need to put Farcry on my other PC to be sure, but it doesn't ask for a CD key, so another fake-email-ID might be all you need.

downloading all now, thanks OP!

far cry is a great game, i think i beat POP before, I remember that being good too.

All three of these games are fucking fantastic titles.

They should release these all on XBLA for free, with advertisements.

Rayman is on the 360, but that's a game that's really meant for the Wii. Anyways, downloading Far Cry, thanks OP!

I already had Far Cry but I downloaded Prince of Persia. Should be great to try out my new xbox controller with.

[quote name='munch']I already had Far Cry but I downloaded Prince of Persia. Should be great to try out my new xbox controller with.[/quote]

It should be.

Rayman was designed to make use of the XBox 360 controller, if you have it. The menu screens and actual game, while they can all be used with the mouse, work well without any calibration.

It's no Wii, but for free, you can't beat it.

I never got around to playing Far Cry and was thinking about picking it up cheap. This is even better. I might have a go at Ghost Recon as well.

Rayman is free, so why not? I had it for the Wii and didn't care for it too much. I hate games that don't have instant multiplayer.

Apparently you still can't play FarCry without a key online, which defeats the whole purpose of me downloading the free version.

[quote name='mrelusive']Never tried the first PoP, downloading now :D[/QUOTE]

It's the best.

And the 360 controller doesn't seem to work with the game. I change the settings to gamepad and I can't configure anything. Anyone have tips?

I downloaded farcry and its a zip file. However, there is no executable in the zip and I am getting an error message when I try to extract it. I've downloaded it twice and still the same. Can anyone share their experience downloading and installing farcry?

[quote name='mikeofarabia']I downloaded farcry and its a zip file. However, there is no executable in the zip and I am getting an error message when I try to extract it. I've downloaded it twice and still the same. Can anyone share their experience downloading and installing farcry?[/quote]

...Farcry was the first game I installed. It works fine. I'm not sure what the deal is with your game. Are you extracting it before you click on the setup file?

The only thing I can think of is that I used WinRar to extract the zipped file. Maybe you could try that. It's free.

I kind of LOLed when I tried to install PoP and the installer told me to GTFO because I need to be a US resident to play it.

Just went to Ubi.com, changed my account's country. Installed :p

[quote name='Proto Man']Anyone else having problems accessing the file? I click the "download now" button and it takes me to the home page.[/quote]

On the reposted thread of this deal, someone mentioned that they pulled Ghost Recon. I wonder if they're going to put it back...I knew I should have just downloaded it when I saw the link. Oh well, i didn't really want it anyway.

You can sign up for a free one. Any site in the IGN community (IGN, Rotten Tomatoes, etc.) works fine. Oh, you also need an Ubi.com account.

Thanks OP. First $5 off Metroid Prime 3 yesterday (EB Games cupon last day) and now Far Cry today for free, man what a awesome weekend :D.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Can someone upload this at another site? I don't have a fileplanet account[/QUOTE]
You can easily register for a "free" fileplanet account. You don't need to be a subscriber.

That said, several alternate links were posted on SD . . .

Far Cry
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=11195

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=11160

Rayman Raving Rabbids
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=11193

And, Proto Man has already posted an alternative link for Ghost Recon.

Thanks OP!

Off topic but is anyone a paying member of Fileplanet? Is it worth it? I know I can get most of these downloads free in other places (game patches), but I like only having to go to one location.

bread's done
Back