3 hours to shovel your driveway FTW!

Which city you at? The snowplow got stuck at the entrance of our street and it took 12 guys half an hour to dig him out. :D

[quote name='moojuice']Arvada lol. I am so glad we shoveled twice yesterday, then put the cars in the driveway >_

Yeah. Where you down at? I heard the the National Guard had to rescue the stranded people off the Boulder turnpike, and today, they had to call the National Guard to haul off their abandoned cars to plows could get through >_

[quote name='moojuice']Yeah. Where you down at? I heard the the National Guard had to rescue the stranded people off the Boulder turnpike, and today, they had to call the National Guard to haul off their abandoned cars to plows could get through >_

that isnt that much snow for what foot - 2 feet of snow. I thought it would been alot higher. Just glad we didnt get it.

Is it power snow or good packing snow (So you can spend all day making snowmen to run down with your car LOL)

Be thankful it's snow, and not the freezing rain bullshit that, as soon as it hits your windshield, it because a solid, that your whiper just glides right over.

[quote name='slidecage']that isnt that much snow for what foot - 2 feet of snow. I thought it would been alot higher. Just glad we didnt get it.

Is it power snow or good packing snow (So you can spend all day making snowmen to run down with your car LOL)[/quote]

But then again, we already shoveled it twice before. I got some pics of my backyard that I'll upload later today. My backyard is a freaking snow fortress. And yes, its powder :D

I wish I had some snow where I'm at. Last year I made a fire breathing snowman and it was awesome.
Snowman4.jpg

Wow, reminds me of the time I spent a week in Canada several years ago (Winnipeg, Manitoba to be exact). It was the first time I had seen a massive amount of snow, and although it does look awesome, I can see how frustrating it can be. Definitely happy to be living in Cali.

Here's some photos where I am... you can see how adversely the wind affected things. It buried some cars, bt just created a moat of snow around others.

vanhv4.jpg

carpp6.jpg

bluecarsx3.jpg

Awesome, that just made the desktop on my work PC. :lol:

We just started getting snow... The drive home is going to suck. Since tomorrow is a half day, I hope they just cancel it all together. :bouncy:

[quote name='Gnuh']I wish I had some snow where I'm at. Last year I made a fire breathing snowman and it was awesome.
[/quote]

Haven't had any snow to speak of here in a few years. (North VA)

I remember back when I was in an apartment building with common parking - meaning spots were 1st come 1st served - and we had a fairly large snowfall. People were putting beach chairs and other things to block the spots they shoveled out. Apartment complex had to put up signs forbidding that. The contractor the complex hired also only bothered to plow a single lane width all throughout the place. Good times.

The place where I am now has assigned parking and when we set to first move in there had been a decent snow and the space assigned was completely plowed in. 3-4 feet of solidly packed snow - practically ice. Basically the contractor had plowed up and into our space a few weeks before since no one was ever parked there. (TH was vacant for a couple months prior to our move in.) I was probably looking at hours to chip away the plow-in, but there was another snowfall a few days before move-in and we convinced them to clear out our space.

These pics are quite huge, so linkage:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/fbd0502dcd.jpg
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/23e14eb289.jpg
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3ad386d92d.jpg
And yeah, I really didn't take good pics, but the first one, look to the right middle, where the railing is. You can see where the "floor" of our patio is supposed to be. The second one, I dunno what that was supposed to be. The third, its to show how high the snow it. The floor, and the floor outside are on the same level, so you can see how high the snow is, and also with the railing.

bread's done
Back