3 Months of GameFly's 2 Game Membership $44.95

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]Stuck at home this Summer? For $44.95 (less than $0.50 a day), get three months of GameFly's 2 games out at at time rental plan. This is 15% off the normal price.

Offer not valid for existing members. After the three-month discount period, GameFly will continue to bill your payment method at the regular membership price.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly Summer Offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trenchalicious']I feel like gamefly has sold most of their rental games and now they have nothing in stock. I so wish I could find another service.[/QUOTE]

There's Gamerang. Never tried it though.

Depending on what route the consoles go next (physical vs digital), this generation may be the end of services like GF. Thought I highly doubt they would exterminate physical media. When that day comes I might just quit playing games all together. Plus my backlog is pretty damn long LOL

@ rp71284

You probably already know this but I would recommend clearing out you Q and letting one game just sit there. This way they are forced to send you that next game. I've never had a problem doing that. Though for things marked very low it's never worked. Word of caution though: you might end up waiting a week.

I wanted Gamerang but all my credit cards have a billing address in Minnesota and I'm currently stationed in Texas... and Gamerang said that billing and shipping address had to match. Not sure if thats only for sign up and then you can change it or not.

I've had the same problem, I had a queue of 40 titles and all they mailed me was the crap games on the list. I stayed for 3 months and ended up canceling them. I think they are giving priority to users in the higher packages then new users.

I wish Microsoft would start a game rental service and deliver the games digitally over Xbox Live, at least for their studio's games. I would gladly pay if I could download it the same time I rent it and play for a set amount of time. Many of their titles are available in download form already for purchase so making a rental system shouldn't be too hard.

[quote name='iRent']There's Gamerang. Never tried it though.

Depending on what route the consoles go next (physical vs digital), this generation may be the end of services like GF. Thought I highly doubt they would exterminate physical media. When that day comes I might just quit playing games all together. Plus my backlog is pretty damn long LOL

@ rp71284

You probably already know this but I would recommend clearing out you Q and letting one game just sit there. This way they are forced to send you that next game. I've never had a problem doing that. Though for things marked very low it's never worked. Word of caution though: you might end up waiting a week.[/QUOTE]

Gamerang I think is better, but they have less distribution centers (I know one is in MN), and they cost a bit more. They usually have a $40 for 2 months/2 at a time introduction rate though.

As far as my list goes, I left NHL 10 for the 360 on there by itself for 2 weeks, and they never sent it. I've had things cherry picked that were Low in the middle of the list to me a bunch of times. And some of the stuff on there was just for my example, although most of those sports games I've been waiting for since March/April.

I tried Gamerang a few years ago and found them no better than Gamefly... but maybe they've improved.

If everyone rented only to TRY OUT and REVIEW like me, not to actually hold onto games for days and play, we'd have less of a problem.

Do most of you guys live in the boonies or something? I usually get what's in my queue within a day or two. Perhaps I'm in an optimal zip code or something. Just got Singularity and Dante's Inferno for the PS3 a day after adding to my queue.

Why don't they like, discount it for loyal members right now, since they have shit for supply on popular games.

[quote name='iRent']Damn it why didn't i see this earlier?! I decided that I would upgrade to the 2 game plan for the rest of the summer and then cut it sometime in September because I know school will be keeping me busy as hell.[/QUOTE]

Ditto :( Except I went with 1 game plan though.

[quote name='tmly']Do most of you guys live in the boonies or something? I usually get what's in my queue within a day or two. Perhaps I'm in an optimal zip code or something. Just got Singularity and Dante's Inferno for the PS3 a day after adding to my queue.[/QUOTE]

You probably have to be pretty darn close to a distribution center. I live in New England and even with FastReturn I'm looking at a 4-7 day turnaround time with a distribution center in PA. I don't wanna imagine how it would be if my post office didn't have the proper scanning equipment.

The main problem is they use USPS First Class mail which is like among the, if not the slowest shipping option offered. I think thats one of the main things (as well is the generally inadequate inventory likely caused by their sales) that makes Gamefly "not the Netflix of games".

[quote name='ryanflucas']I've had the same problem, I had a queue of 40 titles and all they mailed me was the crap games on the list. I stayed for 3 months and ended up canceling them. I think they are giving priority to users in the higher packages then new users.

I wish Microsoft would start a game rental service and deliver the games digitally over Xbox Live, at least for their studio's games. I would gladly pay if I could download it the same time I rent it and play for a set amount of time. Many of their titles are available in download form already for purchase so making a rental system shouldn't be too hard.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt existing, higher package users take priority over new users. The people that are newly signing up for this deal will probably get all the medium-to-low availability games I've been waiting for weeks-to-months in my queue before I do. They will get their queues serviced first. Why? Because they know I have been a recurring member. They're trying to secure these new people and get them to do the same.

USPS FCM is actually a pretty fast method of sending things. You're thinking of parcel mail, media mail, some others which are slow (since they have to be sent to a local routing facility to be scanned/processed, rather than at the PO itself.) It seems to me like the holdup is sometimes on Gamefly's end.

I find it hard to believe that it takes 3-4 days on a common basis for a FCM to get from DC to PA (USPS does have a number of "late/lost packages", but it's nowhere in the 30-40% range. I expect it to happen here and there but not as often as it does now)

With that being said, anyone from the DC area know which POs have one of those scanners for the fast return option, or how to tell which ones have it? I'm in Silver Spring now and mine don't seem to have it, but I work all around DC so if there's a couple of good POs I could take them too I'll start using those.

[quote name='BigPopov']USPS FCM is actually a pretty fast method of sending things. You're thinking of parcel mail, media mail, some others which are slow (since they have to be sent to a local routing facility to be scanned/processed, rather than at the PO itself.) It seems to me like the holdup is sometimes on Gamefly's end.

I find it hard to believe that it takes 3-4 days on a common basis for a FCM to get from DC to PA (USPS does have a number of "late/lost packages", but it's nowhere in the 30-40% range. I expect it to happen here and there but not as often as it does now)

With that being said, anyone from the DC area know which POs have one of those scanners for the fast return option, or how to tell which ones have it? I'm in Silver Spring now and mine don't seem to have it, but I work all around DC so if there's a couple of good POs I could take them too I'll start using those.[/QUOTE]

In my history with Gamefly, it typically takes 3 days (sometimes more) from the day I get the shipping notification, to the day its waiting in my mailbox. Its about the same the other way back to PA.

Isn't First Class like one tier above Parcel/Media Mail? I know for me it least it leaves a lot to be desired...its certainly no Priority Mail (which would make me very happy if they started using instead).

If only they ship them in a timely manner. They take a week or more to ship stuff that stays high quantity instock rentals. Then i got to wait about a week for shipping time.

The games people want more often i wait in queue nothing shipped out to me so 2 slots open for a month and queue has 11 items in it and nothing shipped. That and them sending dud games ruined it for me. They banned me for never getting one game and sending another 2 back saying they do not play. I got them to unban me but will never rent there again. 2 weeks or more for a game nobody really wants to rent is to long. Better to just buy it cheap used.

Eh, not big on GameFly. Even when I time the new releases they've only actually mailed me one ONCE. There are medium to long waits on everything and takes 2 or 3 days for them to get the damn game and 2 or 3 more for me to get another. Blockbuster's Game Pass is MUCH better. It costs a bit more but I can walk in anytime and they always have multiple copies of the newest games I want to play and I can EASILY get through 10-15 games a month. Hopefully they don't go out of business soon, but it's not looking good. If they do, I'll be using GameStop's Used Game 7 Day Return Policy as my new rental service.

I think its a great idea that people post there gameq everything in mine says some sort of wait. Been a member for four months 'only cause i forgot to cancel this month' . 3 days to get a game.
It would be useful if you could actually use the service.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']This is a FANTASTIC deal if you like wasting your money and spending more time waiting than playing.[/QUOTE]

Yea. Paying $60 to play new releases for a week then trading them for $30 a week later is a much better deal.

If you know how to use Gamefly, it is awesome.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Yea. Paying $60 to play new releases for a week then trading them for $30 a week later is a much better deal.

If you know how to use Gamefly, it is awesome.[/QUOTE]

You fail at sarcasm, because who honestly does that? I'll hit up a Blockbuster or a Family Video for my rental needs now; at least I'm guaranteed to walk out with a game instantly that I want to play. I still have Gamefly (I'm canceling as soon as my current month is over) and I would LOVE to know your secrets of making a shitty service worthwhile.

I tried Gamefly back in February and managed to score Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, and God of War 3 without any problems. I had to give it up though as school kicked into high gear, but for me they were pretty good. Turnaround time was usually about a week (sending a game in and getting another), so if you're not patient or don't have any other games to keep you occupied it can be a bitch.

[quote name='BigPopov']if the return takes more than 3 days I send a complaint (it goes from DC to PA, and very rarely do things mailed out take more than 1 day)[/QUOTE]
I live like 20 miles from the Long Beach, CA distro center. When they say they have shipped my game I get it the next day.

I sent back a game on Sunday (picked up Monday) and got shipping notice of my game on Friday with FAST RETURN, received Saturday. Total BS. I'm not too happy with the slow turnaround time.

I recently cancelled my Gamefly account. It just wasn't worth the money or time you have to wait for the game you want. Forget new releases, you're not getting them. Don't even bother putting them in your queue. Even old but popular games like Gears of War 2 would take up to 3 weeks to get. Unless you are happy playing pretty run of the mill stuff that no one else wants I would pass. A lot of people have had good luck with it but it wasn't worth it to me.

I just started my first month (like the day before I saw this promo) and I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth it or not. I guess it's a great way to try games without buying them, but you could just as easily buy it... play it.. then resell it on amazon for less of a loss than the monthly subscrip. Not to mention I've heard Redbox is testing PS3 and 360 games in their machines in select cities. I'd gladly pay $1 (or $2) per night to test a game (since that's what I was saying above).

So yeah - I'm on the fence about gamefly still. I guess I'm hoping to make up for the subscription in buying used games and getting free shipping (all the time).

[quote name='Dad_Is_A_Zombie']I recently cancelled my Gamefly account. It just wasn't worth the money or time you have to wait for the game you want. Forget new releases, you're not getting them. Don't even bother putting them in your queue. Even old but popular games like Gears of War 2 would take up to 3 weeks to get. Unless you are happy playing pretty run of the mill stuff that no one else wants I would pass. A lot of people have had good luck with it but it wasn't worth it to me.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty easy to get new releases if you're decent at queue management.

Never saw the appeal in GameFly. Too expensive and there's more waiting instead of playing.

I haven't rented a game in years. The local video store that I used to get games from ditched games all together when they downsized (they closed years later). Even the one Blockbuster near me closed soI've gotten used to not renting anymore. Part of the reason why I joined this site was because I only buy games now. I don't mind though since more often than not I like them and want to keep them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's pretty easy to get new releases if you're decent at queue management.[/QUOTE]
Your smart @ss response doesn't hold up very well. It's not rocket science. You put a new game at the top of your queue, leave it there, and it's ignored for months. Not a hell of a lot of managing you can do there, buddy. Maybe it's a matter of being in the right shipping region but I stand by what I said. If you want to play a new release while it's still new, Gamefly is not the way to go.

[quote name='Dad_Is_A_Zombie']Your smart @ss response doesn't hold up very well. It's not rocket science. You put a new game at the top of your queue, leave it there, and it's ignored for months. Not a hell of a lot of managing you can do there, buddy. Maybe it's a matter of being in the right shipping region but I stand by what I said. If you want to play a new release while it's still new, Gamefly is not the way to go.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Dad_Is_A_Zombie. I know the "trick". But the fact of the matter is, its not gonna work for everyone all the time. My ability to get included in the initial salvo of shipments of new releases has been hit-and-miss. And if you miss....well, prepare to wait, and potentially wait a good while.

If they had faster service I would sub with them, but I'm lucky to get 4-6 games a month with them it's so slow. Compare that to Netflix where I can get at least 10 discs mailed to me within a month and easily more if I wanted too. Not so with Gamefly.

Getting a new release is also next to impossible. I've had better success with Gamerang, but their website is pretty horrible.

[quote name='Hsith']This.
I'm still waiting for a copy of Split/Second that is on medium availability since release.:cry:[/QUOTE]

just do goozex. i added split sec to my que the day it came out (cant add it any earlier) and i just got it yesterday.

since i got the game so early i can beat it and get my full 1000 points back.

If I have an empty slot in my queue the Monday before a game releases, I get that game EVERY fucking TIME. Like I said, if you know how to use it, the service is great. Gamefly doesn't have the shipping centers that Netflix has so obviously it is going to be a longer turnaround. Also, some of us don't have Blockbuster Videos around.

[quote name='XBL Dishwasher']just do goozex. i added split sec to my que the day it came out (cant add it any earlier) and i just got it yesterday.

since i got the game so early i can beat it and get my full 1000 points back.[/QUOTE]

Goozex definitely rocks for getting games that you don't want to commit to keeping long term. I've burned through quite a few and gotten the same number of points back, and only spent the trade credit + shipping when I was sending it back out.

Also, you can buy quite a few games for 5-10 bucks that are worth 400+ points on Goozex... I usually buy a few on amazon/gamefly and then toss em up there. They trade within a day or two, so I'm only out about $8 for around $20 worth of Goozex points.

I've had Gamefly for years. There are some tricks that work for me: have a game returned by Saturday (mail it back by Wednesday/Thursday) so that when Monday comes, they can ship out a game releasing on Tuesday. Have no other titles in your queue that are already out. 9/10 I'll get the new release by Wednesday.

85% of the time, they have the best prices for Keep It or in the store especially with their 10% discount (after being a 1-year member).

anyone know if Gamefly will have another sale on used games soon? I'm not into their rental services but their sale in June was awesome!!

I've had Gamefly for about 6 months now, I'm pretty happy with it...
I usally wait until Monday to ship out then I'll get a new game by Wednesday or Thurs. I live in Tampa and I know they have a distribution center here, maybe that's why I get them so fast. Also drop your game off at the post office, seems to get there faster.

I think it's crap that existing member's can't take advantage of this offer. I am going to e-mail them and see if they can do anything for me. Been a member for many years, and they should offer it to everyone.

I was really looking forward to signing on with GF for a long time now but after reading this topic I'm not too sure. I plan to buy a Wii soon and my last Nintendo console was an SNES, so there is a huge backlog of old GCN games I want to play through so I thought GF would be perfect.

A lot of people are saying there are long wait times. If I get the plan where you can rent two games at once shouldn't I always be guaranteed a game? Figure I can rent two, play one, then while it's shipping back I'll play my second one and when it's beaten my new one will have arrived, etc. If that strategy won't work I'm not sure I should sign up. I figure as long as I get 2 games per month total it still beats out Blockbuster's rental prices, but still I'm hoping to fly through 10+ per month.

[quote name='CatEyes']I was really looking forward to signing on with GF for a long time now but after reading this topic I'm not too sure. I plan to buy a Wii soon and my last Nintendo console was an SNES, so there is a huge backlog of old GCN games I want to play through so I thought GF would be perfect.

A lot of people are saying there are long wait times. If I get the plan where you can rent two games at once shouldn't I always be guaranteed a game? Figure I can rent two, play one, then while it's shipping back I'll play my second one and when it's beaten my new one will have arrived, etc. If that strategy won't work I'm not sure I should sign up. I figure as long as I get 2 games per month total it still beats out Blockbuster's rental prices, but still I'm hoping to fly through 10+ per month.[/QUOTE]

If you get the 2 game plan sure you'll always be guaranteed a game, just nothing remotely new or very old. And don't hope for 10+ games a month, as even if you live near a distribution center things have to go right to be able get that many games in a month. For example hope your game doesn't get lost/stolen, hope there are actually 10 games that aren't low availability, they may still take an extra day to ship even if it is in stock.

This is unreal. I shipped my game off Monday, they received it Thursday (wtf?) and here it is, mid-Friday, with 10+ games in my "Game Q" and nothing has shipped. It seems like a BS tactic used to throttle memberships so customers can't get their money's worth. In comparison, I shipped out a Netflix movie on Monday, they received it Tuesday, I got a new one Wednesday, shipped it out Thursday, they received it today, and my new movie is scheduled to get here tomorrow. It'd be amazing if Netflix started carrying games.

I can't wait to cancel. Is Gamerang any better?

edit: ha, literally minutes after I posted this, I get an e-mail survey asking what day this past week I returned my game.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']I found out that this deal ends on 7/31.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I burned through a few of my games in my backlog. Will definately set this up if I can remember before next weekend.

Is gamerang any good? They seem good, and have a new releases available in high quantities, and they have a special for 20$ for 2 months 1 game out..which is pretty nice...

[quote name='Scorch']This is unreal. I shipped my game off Monday, they received it Thursday (wtf?) and here it is, mid-Friday, with 10+ games in my "Game Q" and nothing has shipped. It seems like a BS tactic used to throttle memberships so customers can't get their money's worth. In comparison, I shipped out a Netflix movie on Monday, they received it Tuesday, I got a new one Wednesday, shipped it out Thursday, they received it today, and my new movie is scheduled to get here tomorrow. It'd be amazing if Netflix started carrying games.
[/QUOTE]

This was pretty much my experience with them a year or two ago when I decided to quit.

Tried gamefly for a few months to give them the benefit of the doubt, IT SUCKS. Shipping takes well over a week to get a game back (I'm only about 6 hours from a shipping center), and I haven't been able to get any new games. I've read some of the tricks on this thread, but is it worth it? Go with Blockbuster store game pass if you have one close. I almost always get games on release date. SO MUCH BETTER!

bread's done
Back