3 New Survival Horror games on Wii. Cursed Mountrain Trailer.

j.elles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Cursed Mountain
Set in the late 1980s, follows an experienced climber who sets out to scale a huge mountain in the Himalayas in order to find his recently-lost brother. As he ascends the mountain, he encounters an ancient curse: the souls of the people who died in that region are stuck in limbo, caught in the Shadow World." Players must content with villagers, pilgrims, mountaineers, Buddhist monks, and evil ghosts and demons as they unravel the mystery of the location.

You will encounter dead bodies, frozen mummies, and fear inducing archaic Buddhist rituals. On the other hand the game is not about chopping up zombies or splashing blood all over the place. It's violent in the sense of ever present danger and very aggressive environments and enemies. But you can't be violent against ghosts and mountains. So Cursed Mountain is violent, yes, but in a very unorthodox way."

This game is news to me. First i've heard of it when I saw some site showing screenshots. From Deep Silver the guys behined the recent S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14270799/cursed-mountain/videos/cmounttra2.html
Trailer for Cursed Mountrain up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/292602.html

IGN trailer looks better in widescreen so i'd advise that instead of the gametrailers one if you have the connection for it.

Action/Adventure game with very strong horror elements. I'm definetly in for this game personally.

cursed-mountain-20080730025253443_640w.jpg

cursed-mountain-20080730025257115_640w.jpg

scr2.jpg

scr4.jpg

scr1.jpg

Source 1Source 2

The Calling
Leaked Hudson game from an open server.
The Calling looks good to me from that video. Watching it is better then me talking about it so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuYLoZD9qhY

and Last but not least
Renegade Kid's recently confirmed Dracula game (makers of the surprisingly good DS survival game Dementium the Ward). Don't know anything about it right now but I loved Dementium, and Moon looks really good so it's definetly something that should be interesting to follow.
Source

As a fan of the genre i'm looking forward to following these and am glad to see motion control being used in more creative ways then party games.

Last edited by a moderator:
... You see a disembodied arm reaching out from under the bed. It looks like it's rotting. Do you:

A. Run?
B. KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!?
C. Reach under and feel around?
D. Profit!?

If you answered anything but C, The Calling ain't for you.

I've seen that "Calling" clip before. It was the only time a game startled me I didn't even jump to the dogs in RE1.

Really, the only bit that got anything out of me was the first appearance of the arm. The doll, child, etc. did nothing for me.

The only good think about that video was the appearance of a school girl. You can't frighten twelve years old with this stuff.

Finally some new survival horror games, and for the Wii too! Sounds good to me, oh and The Calling looks really awesome, and kinda sort of made me jump... even though i already read what others said about it :]

[quote name='The Crotch']Really, the only bit that got anything out of me was the first appearance of the arm. The doll, child, etc. did nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

That was the part that got me, it's so cliche that I knew they wouldn't put it in, but they did and it startled me.

>_< I'll trade all 3 of these in for Fatal Frame IV domestic release

FF4 localization does not seem to be looking good at all :cry:

That flies in the face of the logic of always bettin' on The Duke, TC.

You are aware he's all out of bubblegum, right?

Those aren't arrows they're like symbols. I'm guessing bhudist magic, or something you're going to have to do to fight those things with, but who knows at this point.

[quote name='j.elles']Those aren't arrows they're like symbols. I'm guessing bhudist magic, or something you're going to have to do to fight those things with, but who knows at this point.[/quote]
shittysymbolxs6.jpg

Buddhism has some pretty shitty symbols these days.

It IS set in the late 1980's, so it's got that going for it.

There was nothing like those late '80s - much better than the mid '80s, in my opinion.

Mm. It's a tough one. Frankenchrist, Bedtime for Democracy, and the birth of NOFX Vs Last Scream of the Missing Neighbors, Suffer, and No Control.

Yeah, looks like I'm with you. Late 80s all the way!

bread's done
Back