$3 off any DVD/CD/Game BB coupon on select bags of Chex Mix

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I forgot to post this earlier today. I did a quick search, but didn't find it anywhere. I was at Babies R Us looking for a gift for a friend, when I saw that on the bags of Chex Mix they had a coupon for BB for $3 off any game/cd/dvd. I took a quick look at it, and don't remember seeing there being stated any minimum purchase amount for the dvd/cd/video game. Then again, I didn't look too in depth into it since i was in a hurry. I also forgot to pick one up, but I know that the bags only cost 1.29 and they were the small snack-size bags, not the big ones you buy at the grocery store.

Hopefully others have seen this and can come out of the woodwork. Otherwise, I might have to make another trip (or just to my gas station/super market) to see what's up with this deal.

I also remember seeing coupons on Chex Mix for BB a few weeks ago. I think I accidently threw away the bag after I finished it and forgot about the coupon >_

I'm assuming this isn't stackable or usable towards pre-orders, *but if so*, remember that Best Buy is having a deal where if you pre-order Warhammer Online, Spore, Wrath of the Lich King, or Starcraft 2, you get $10 off any other game $29.99 or over.

Every little bit helps.

They had these last year didn't they? I think I remember a wrinkly scan of one because of the material the bags are made of.

If my memory serves me right, it says 'off any regularly-priced...' so it most likely wouldn't work on sale items, but who knows. I used one a couple months ago for a Wii Wheel (which obviously isn't a game, CD, or movie... so I guess they weren't being too strict about it.

[quote name='AfroPig']They had these last year didn't they? I think I remember a wrinkly scan of one because of the material the bags are made of.[/quote]

Yep. I've used quite a few of them. I've also never been questioned when using them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I forgot to post this earlier today. I did a quick search, but didn't find it anywhere. I was at Babies R Us looking for a gift for a friend, when I saw that on the bags of Chex Mix they had a coupon for BB for $3 off any game/cd/dvd. I took a quick look at it, and don't remember seeing there being stated any minimum purchase amount for the dvd/cd/video game. Then again, I didn't look too in depth into it since i was in a hurry. I also forgot to pick one up, but I know that the bags only cost 1.29 and they were the small snack-size bags, not the big ones you buy at the grocery store.

Hopefully others have seen this and can come out of the woodwork. Otherwise, I might have to make another trip (or just to my gas station/super market) to see what's up with this deal.[/quote]

The minimum price on the old one (probably the same as this one) was $9.99, which makes it good for items under $30. If something is over $30, you're better off using a 10% coupon.

[quote name='mkernan']If my memory serves me right, it says 'off any regularly-priced...' so it most likely wouldn't work on sale items, but who knows. I used one a couple months ago for a Wii Wheel (which obviously isn't a game, CD, or movie... so I guess they weren't being too strict about it.[/quote]

Almost all coupons say "regularly-priced". Every coupon I've ever used at Best Buy on items that were on sale, it still worked without any problems.

Well it's a good thing I always check out the vending machines at my job. Just scanned this in a while ago and the best part is that it won't expire until July 2009 (that's what the coupon said).

Perfect for snatching up Hotel Dusk and Club House Games in stock this week. Go support these games if you haven't!! It definitely worked and I picked them both up for $16.99 each + tax.

One favor, can anyone tell me if this is good towards video game accessories? Need to buy me a Wii Points card. Enjoy!

sc005097d201kn3.jpg

thanks
Got both of Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games for $34.

Has anyone noticed that the reprints have a orange strip on the top of the cover?
looks awful

dont even think about trying to get the new 80 gb ps3 for $397.00 plus tax because this coupon "won't work on gaming hardware"!!!! ;)
Dammit, I was going to get one for 397, but 400 is just too much for me. Sorry Best Buy.

wow thanks OP and to the CAGer who scanned it! I wonder if we can stack with the 10 off 75 bucks coupon?? can anyone confirm that? (probably not but hey it works)

i would love to pick up 2 games for 80 bucks - 10 - 3 :)

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']wow thanks OP and to the CAGer who scanned it! I wonder if we can stack with the 10 off 75 bucks coupon?? can anyone confirm that? (probably not but hey it works)

i would love to pick up 2 games for 80 bucks - 10 - 3 :)[/quote]

Coupon states not valid with other, so YMMV. However, you can use RZ certs if you have those.

At work we have those Chex Mix in our vending machine, it is very tempting when you want to buy something and that coupon is just starring at you! But yeah probably use it towards Clubhouse games, that game was is awesome, I don't know why I sold it in the first place:bomb:. Probably use the discount with it and get it for around $15.

Has anyone noticed that the reprints have a orange strip on the top of the cover?
looks awful

Yes it does have it, the reprint has it on both Hotel and Clubhouse (I know I don't like it either)

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']wow thanks OP and to the CAGer who scanned it! I wonder if we can stack with the 10 off 75 bucks coupon?? can anyone confirm that? (probably not but hey it works)

i would love to pick up 2 games for 80 bucks - 10 - 3 :)[/quote]No, they don't stack without a cashier's manual change. Two different types of coupon on a transaction invalidate one another, though multiples of the same coupon work OK. RZ certs are considered payment, so they're not coupons, so you can use them with any coupons you want.

If you try to use two coupons, a cashier would have to manually change the price, and that generates a manager's approval. Plus, any manual changes to a price invalidate any coupon usage, so getting it to work is very YMMV.

[quote name='slidecage']if you use 1 coupon could you pick up say 5 games and get 3 off each or just 3 bucks off 1[/quote]

The coupon doesnt mention anything about more than one item, so its probably just one.

Wow, that coupon has the longest valid period I've ever seen. I'll try to find some of those little snack bags, if I can, in the next couple days. Any idea if I can snack-stack this with the 10% off BB coupon?

[quote name='slidecage']if you use 1 coupon could you pick up say 5 games and get 3 off each or just 3 bucks off 1[/quote]
Simply print as many as you need :)

Just remember don't bring the whole sheets and cut the coupons out in front of the cashier...

Related deal: Walgreens has 8.75 oz bags of Chex Mix (among other snack items) on sale for $1 apiece. This is a pretty good deal, so I picked one up, despite the fact that none of them in my store had the coupon.

According to the ad, the prices are good through today (saturday), so go now if you want to check this.

[quote name='J7.']So you guys are going to try and use copies of the coupon. What are the chances of that working, 50%?[/quote]

I used copies of the (crappy) scan that had been posted a few months before this one many times. Never had any problems with it.

anyone know if these work on BOX SETS

want to pick up the HE man SHE ra for 7 each

picked up all 3 seasons of SHE RA for 7.... left store and went to another store was told 1 coupon so i got HE man season 1 vol 1... Probally pick up VOL 2 tomorrow Season 2 vol 1 tuesday wen i pick up DQ4

now to either sell SHE RA on ebay or just return them (they had like 10 copies of each)

Picked them up thursday for 30 bucks for the 3 but got them for 21 for the 3 toay

Last edited by a moderator:
People who are getting these, can you post which stores you're finding them in? I've checked a number of places, but nowhere has the bags with the coupons on them.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']People who are getting these, can you post which stores you're finding them in? I've checked a number of places, but nowhere has the bags with the coupons on them.[/quote]

Oddly enough, I've seen them at Circuit City checkouts.

Sorry to necro-post, but I just got back from BB, and I tried using this on a CD under $3, and it rang up as $0.00; no tax or anything. And the cashier let me take it.
I thought I'd share with you all that you can get free CDs with this coupon. Just go here. There's over 200

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Sorry to necro-post, but I just got back from BB, and I tried using this on a CD under $3, and it rang up as $0.00; no tax or anything. And the cashier let me take it.
I thought I'd share with you all that you can get free CDs with this coupon. Just go here. There's over 200

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Sorry to necro-post, but I just got back from BB, and I tried using this on a CD under $3, and it rang up as $0.00; no tax or anything. And the cashier let me take it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Did you use the scanned copy or did you use an original coupon?[/QUOTE]
The scanned copy on the first page. I just printed out 5 of them on a page, and they all scan fine at the register.

[quote name='Lucci YaYo']wow that's freakin awesome that you can get free CDS, anyone used this 3.00 off coupon on the mercenaries game for 9.99-3.00 = 6.99? I'm not sure if the coupons will work with the already existing sale of mercanaries 2 game at Best buy which is going on for the last day today.[/quote]
It will not work. The system will automatically remove the $20 off promo and apply the $3 discount when the coupon is scanned.

Since this thread has been ressurrected, does this work on blu-rays? It says DVD, CD, and Video games, but most DVD coupons Ive come across work on blu-rays too.

CHEX MIX, number one food snack in the land.
it's that cereal taste that you eat with your hand.
CHEX MIX at the grocery store, buy a box.
your family will all say, "CHEX MIX ROCKS!"

I've already mentioned this in the other thread, but...

This coupon stacks with the 50% off anime sale. So, you take half off the price, then subtract $3, which can make some titles really cheap.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']CHEX MIX, number one food snack in the land.
it's that cereal taste that you eat with your hand.
CHEX MIX at the grocery store, buy a box.
your family will all say, "CHEX MIX ROCKS!"[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFzTl17LB2o

starts at 2:20
"Chex mix, your the snack for me,
You got 60% less fat, than potato chips."

[quote name='daladezman']bitch just turned me down... said "no copies"[/QUOTE]

That sucks, I was able to use 3 of them but almost got 2 of them turned down due to the one per household in the fine print. Cashier called someone over and he said to go ahead and try all 3. Went smooth from there thankfully.

[quote name='GenDV138']That sucks, I was able to use 3 of them but almost got 2 of them turned down due to the one per household in the fine print. Cashier called someone over and he said to go ahead and try all 3. Went smooth from there thankfully.[/QUOTE]
Did you have to ring them up in separate transactions?

Are any of y'all using the printed versions or the actual backs of the bags?? Do the printed scans actually scan at the store?

[quote name='eau']Did you have to ring them up in separate transactions?[/QUOTE]

No, they will work all in one transaction, used three coupons for three items on Tuesday. Also used two more in one transaction on Wednesday with no problem. As long as you have a coupon for each item, should work fine.

[quote name='2sday']Are any of y'all using the printed versions or the actual backs of the bags?? Do the printed scans actually scan at the store?[/QUOTE]

I used the scan on the first page, printed that out and scans fine in store.

[quote name='2sday']Are any of y'all using the printed versions or the actual backs of the bags?? Do the printed scans actually scan at the store?[/QUOTE]

I've always used the printed scans. Heck, I've even used a photocopy of one I printed out. I don't think I've ever seen a Chex Mix bag with the actual coupon.

bread's done
Back