$3 off receipt coupon at TRU...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Last night when I bought my 90% off items from TRU, the checkout guy printed a survey with a $3 off coupon on my receipt. I called the number this morning and did the survey, and they gave me a code for $3 off my next purchase. Has anyone else seen this? It has to be redeemed by the 10th, though.

my CSR did not give me that.....it would have been nice today because I'm planning another trip...thanks for the heads up though

Um the number and code is universal, the problem is the register prints out a seperate receipt that has a blank for you to write down the code when you take it in, so without that it wont work for anyone without that extra survey slip

Dave

It's done randomly. I got one on my receipt yesterday, took the survey today (kind of long, like 10 minutes), and got my code.

I purchased two games that were on clearance and didn't get one.
My friend purchased a tube of Shrek M&M Minis on the way out and he got one. He didn't want to mess with it so he gave it to me.
I called, got code, ready to go back.

It says must respond (call) by 2/12/05 to participate, but doesn't have an expiration date for use of the coupon.

Here's the exclusion fine print part:
" ** Excludes diapers, formula, video game hardware and "R" Us Gift Cards.
Not valid online. Limit one per customer."

"... In the event of a return of any item purchased using this coupon, the savings value shall be forfeited on any refunded amount. Can be used in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon, except online. Discounts taken off an entire order cannot be combined. ..."

So should be good on video games --- just not hardware.

wait, what questions were on the survery? was it something about judging how well the cashier served you? because i work at Sears, and we get those coupons also, and they're random. they basicaly judge how well we handle our customers.

I got one on my receipt yesterday, took the survey today (kind of long, like 10 minutes)

Speaking of that did anyone else get a survey from ESPN that was supposed to take 10 minutes but ended up taking 1 hour and 23 minutes. It happened to me like a week ago.

Wow that was pretty random.

yeah I read it as you have til anytime before midnight 2/11/05 to activate yours by calling the # and take the survey.

They ask you to rate different aspects of your visit:
Such as how clean was the store, organization, did they have what you wanted, did a salesperson offer assistance, were they readily available, polite, knowledgable, etc:, how likely were you to come back, how often do you shop, was your purchase for a child, yourself, another adult;, and some other similiar questions. Then they ask about your race, # of children in household, ages of children, household income. But you can press a button (#) to skip any question you don't want ot answer. Doesn't affect your coupon code. I skipped one cause didn't feel like answering, and a few cause none of their business. All are press a button on a scale of 0 - 10, 1 or 2 for yes/no, and one question is a voice response: something like What did you like best about the TRU store or why you chose TRU or similiar - don't remember exact word for word. You can answer it on just press # to skip.

The checkout guy I tried it on last night couldn't get it to work. He called in the manager, and she said it wasn't good on video game hardware which included games. I thought that was a load of crap, but I didn't push it any further. Anyone else encountered this?

[quote name='josekortez']The checkout guy I tried it on last night couldn't get it to work. He called in the manager, and she said it wasn't good on video game hardware which included games. I thought that was a load of crap, but I didn't push it any further. Anyone else encountered this?[/quote]

I always thought "video game hardware" meant systems only.

In case anyone wants to try to bypass the survey.

Take this for what its worth.

I just did my 2nd phone survey and got the code.

Well the 2nd code was the same as the 1st code I got a for the survey I did a couple days ago.

The code is 912152

And its not tied to phone # or anything because two different phone #s were given for these as one was a friend of mine and one I got myself.
Only thing in common was that they were from the same store.
Store # 8377.

Just thought I'd post the info in case anyone could confirm the code from a different store #. If find that they're the same might save someone 5-10 minutes.

BlueWingX - Sorry.

PostaBoy - Cool call the # or verify the code I posted.

Help1 - First you have to get a survey receipt. They're random at TRU!!

Let us know if you call the # and get the same code as I posted. or for tha same store # at least.

[quote name='tukstr']In case anyone wants to try to bypass the survey.

Take this for what its worth.

I just did my 2nd phone survey and got the code.

Well the 2nd code was the same as the 1st code I got a for the survey I did a couple days ago.

The code is

And its not tied to phone # or anything because two different phone #s were given for these as one was a friend of mine and one I got myself.
Only thing in common was that they were from the same store.
Store # 8377.

Just thought I'd post the info in case anyone could confirm the code from a different store #. If find that they're the same might save someone 5-10 minutes.[/quote]

A few things:

1. Retard...the point of the survey is to get people to take it. Not just write down some number.

2. The coupon has a special code that you have to punch in order to take the survey. So anyone who doesn't actually have a physical copy of the coupon is SOL.

I hope a mod deletes your post. Earn your $3 people...it's not like it's that much of a big deal.

i need code ...
does anyone know store number 5616 for coupon code number??? please PM me.. T_T

[quote name='josekortez']The checkout guy I tried it on last night couldn't get it to work. He called in the manager, and she said it wasn't good on video game hardware which included games. I thought that was a load of crap, but I didn't push it any further. Anyone else encountered this?[/quote]

That had to be your specific TRU. Try another one if there's one nearby with the same deals.

I received one of these coupons, made the call and did the survey - took about 10 mins to complete and then got my code. It said it wasn't good for hardware but I bought 3 green tag games for $4 less the $3 off coupon so I walked out with 3 games for 1 buck, added those to my XB exhibition disk I bought earlier for 50 cents and then took the bunch to EB B&M and traded em in for $25 total including the 10 bonus for each pair of games.

I also took the survey 2 separate times. The key is don't answer any questions too low or it goes into a separate set of questions. I also got the same code # for both survey it match the one listed earlier. Make sure you do it quick because it expires in like 2 days. I had 2 that I waited too long and they said the offer expired.

i work at my local toys r us...and it is 100% random...sometimes my first customer has gotten one and antoher never printed out...sometimes ill get like 4 in a row....it may be based on the phone number entered by the cashier before the sale

ps first post...just found this site today =)

Actually the way these print out isn't that complicated. It randomly prints them out X transactions. It depends on the average customer count(number of transactions rang per day) and sales at that store. For example, some stores may print out every 20 transactions while others it could be every 50 or more.

Turns out I got two from a couple of my green tag purchases. Got Bloodrayne today for 52 cents, and Ill do the survey again tomorrow and pick up somethin for trading in. No way this would work if you just had the number... the receipt is the evidence of you taking the survey.

[quote name='"Zon27"'][quote name='tukstr']In case anyone wants to try to bypass

A few things:

1. Retard...the point of the survey is to get people to take it. Not just write down some number.

2. The coupon has a special code that you have to punch in order to take the survey. So anyone who doesn't actually have a physical copy of the coupon is SOL.

I hope a mod deletes your post. Earn your $3 people...it's not like it's that much of a big deal.[/quote]

[quote name='chargeup45']Turns out I got two from a couple of my green tag purchases. Got Bloodrayne today for 52 cents, and Ill do the survey again tomorrow and pick up somethin for trading in. No way this would work if you just had the number... the receipt is the evidence of you taking the survey.[/quote]

Of course you have to have a "physical" survey receipt in order to participate, no one said you didn't need one.

I was just pointing out that the code given actually seem to be the same each time. It was for informational purposes only. However if someone lame enough to want to try to use their survey reciept without actually calling then thats their choice. Because the survey reciept code may not actually be activated until survey is completed as the cashier has to key the code into the register.
Not really any different than PM'ing the code to someone who responded wrong to the survey question. (is it Zon?)

This is how I did after the $3 off coupon with the 90% off:

5 copies of Mojo (XB) for .68 cents each
Drake (XB) for 1.70
Backyard Wrestling (XB) for 1.36
a pack of AAA batteries for .45
3 Real Heroes 12" military uniforms for .14 each

I actually used one $3 coupon today to get 2 PS1 Blue Turbo Shock Controllers for my nephew's PS1. Even though it wasn't supposed to be used on Video Game Hardware. Salespeople were more fascinated with how to ring it up and didn't bother to read the fine print. It was only the 2nd coupon they'd processed.
Got both controllers for $1.50 after 90% off so after applying the coupon got them FREE. ($0.00).

actually used one $3 coupon today to get 2 PS1 Blue Turbo Shock Controllers for my nephew's PS1. Even though it wasn't supposed to be used on Video Game Hardware.

Video game hardware are the actual systems. It works on all accessories and games.

[quote name='tubtub']
actually used one $3 coupon today to get 2 PS1 Blue Turbo Shock Controllers for my nephew's PS1. Even though it wasn't supposed to be used on Video Game Hardware.

Video game hardware are the actual systems. It works on all accessories and games.[/quote]

Yeah, all the hardware are systems or the Final Fantasy Hard Drive. Which no one gets discounts on ever in our store, cept for sales.

Zon, the FF Harddrive actually will work with the coupon. It's considered an accessory in the TRU system. Try your employee discount on it, you'll get it for $90(hopefully it goes really cheap soon since everywhere else is clearancing it out).

[quote name='tubtub']Zon, the FF Harddrive actually will work with the coupon. It's considered an accessory in the TRU system. Try your employee discount on it, you'll get it for $90(hopefully it goes really cheap soon since everywhere else is clearancing it out).[/quote]

Last I checked it was hardware, we actually were counting it with the rest of the morning counts for awhile. Some of our FFXI HDDs have the PS2 barcode on them, so things got screwed up during inventory. Weirdess thing though, the drives came that way, with those UPC stickers.

The harddrives are part of the hardware counts in the morning, but they actually aren't considered hardware for coupons and discounts and stuff. We've had weird stuff like that happen to with wrong UPCs on items.

bread's done
Back