3 pack game bundles at Costco ($30)

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I went into Costco for the first time in ages yesterday, and noticed they started carrying 3 pack game bundles. So, I started rummaging through them, not expecting to find much, but to my surprise, there were actually quite a few nice bundles in the bunch.

Many of the games featured in the bundles included Front Mission 4, Unlimited Saga, Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud 2, and more. I only found one bundle really worth the money for me though, which was:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Dark Cloud 2
Beyond Good & Evil

But, the bundles seemed random for the most part, so maybe you guys will have more luck than me.

[quote name='addicted2games']Nice. Yet another store I dont have in my area. Florida sucks.[/quote]

It depends on where you are in Florida. We have a Costco locally, in Clearwater. I shop there becasuse I hate Wal-Mart/Sam's Club.

I've seen the 3-pack at my stores, but haven't seen most of those games. A lot of the games are really terrible and can be bought for $5 seperately through other deals we've seen.

Wow, I didn't know those were still around. I think they were a holiday item and have been gone from my local Costco for months

Beyond Good & Evil is one of the best GameCube games I've ever played, and I might even be tempted to call it the best to make up for how underappreciated it is. (It sold so poorly that the price was slashed in half within mere weeks.) I guess this listing concerns the PC version, but still... good stuff.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']I went into Costco for the first time in ages yesterday, and noticed they started carrying 3 pack game bundles. So, I started rummaging through them, not expecting to find much, but to my surprise, there were actually quite a few nice bundles in the bunch.

Many of the games featured in the bundles included Front Mission 4, Unlimited Saga, Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud 2, and more. I only found one bundle really worth the money for me though, which was:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Dark Cloud 2
Beyond Good & Evil

But, the bundles seemed random for the most part, so maybe you guys will have more luck than me.[/quote]

Interesting choices.

Front Mission 4 = Decent.
Unlimited Saga = fucking spectacular.
Wild Arms 3 = Crap.
Dark Cloud 2 = Good.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance: Meh.
Beyond Good & Evil = Decent.

Yea all of these bundles are either all Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox. They are not random though. They have specific combinations. Also be sure to check under the tables where the games are. There are usually like 3 or 4 more boxes full of the bundles there.

yeah the big problem w/ the bundles is there is always one game in there you can get for $2.99 so the price break is really nil if bought seperately.

But if you absolutely must have Dark Cloud 2 brand new, its a decent place to consider getting it

[quote name='addicted2games']Nice. Yet another store I dont have in my area. Florida sucks.[/QUOTE]
Lets see, save a little on games, or save a lot of the cost of living. Now thats a hard choice. Florida is a great state man, trust me having a costco does not add up in the price differences out here in california.
P.S. I am from Florida, live there for 18 years.

You guys must know this already but just in case, GS/EB have most of these games (used) for less than $10, and they are quite common that it's not that hard to find good, complete copies.

I list the used prices from GS site:

Front Mission 4 -- $10
Unlimited Saga -- $5!!
Wild Arms 3 -- $8!
Dark Cloud 2 -- $17 :cry:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance -- $8-$12
Beyond Good & Evil -- $10-$12

Also, if you have that B2G1F coupon from the GI mag, then it's even cheaper.

Good Luck!

[quote name='anderton']Interesting choices.

Front Mission 4 = Decent.
Unlimited Saga = fucking spectacular.
Wild Arms 3 = Crap.
Dark Cloud 2 = Good.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance: Meh.
Beyond Good & Evil = Decent.[/QUOTE]

Well I think the idea of Unlimited Saga was good but for me the difficulty is too unforgiving. It's like they just grab you and destroy you in the battles. I never even had a chance to really fuck with the combo system.

[quote name='willardhaven']This is like 2003 when I found Breath of Fire III and Castlevania SoTN at Costco for 14.99 each.[/QUOTE]

I found Breath of Fire III at Costco too a few years back. As for the the 3 packs I usually only see 3 bad sports games or one good game and 2 bad ones in a pack at the Costco by me.

bread's done
Back