3 Years and still on season 1 of Heroes

MattJ1991

CAGiversary!
3ish years ago, I watched the original pilot of Heroes, it was interesting and intriguing, but like every other weekly show, I got behind (heroes was episode 3) and I decided to wait for the DVD.

When I bought the DVD, i got to disc 2, then got busy, later that year, I watched another disc and got bored. This continued on for a while, and it didn't help when the writers strike hit and I read negative reveiws about season 2. None the less though, I bought Season 2 on DVD, even though i'm still on disc 5 of season 1.

I am trying very hard not to lose interest and catch up in this show, and HOPEFULLY catch up by season 4, even though 3 is getting bad reviews too :cry:

Anyway, is there anyone else who is currently having this kind of problem? and if so, what show?

oh, and also, what are your opinions on season 2/3 of Heroes?

I would check the Heroes thread. I personally liked season 3 more than season 2, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. It looks like it's taking a really interesting turn.

You're not missin' much. I liked season 1, and thought it showed the potential to become a really great show, but instead it did the opposite. Season 2 was bad, and 3 was worse.

It had a great lead up and then blew it in the horrible season 1 finale.

After that i stopped caring, and from what I have heard the show is on it's last legs to get it's act together.

Don't force it. Let the mood come to you. Could be tomorrow, could be a year from now. Forcing your way through some show out of a feeling of cultural obligation is a losing game. There is no dishonor in not liking a popular show.

Some shows can't be watched with big gaps between episodes. Frankly, I think shows like Lost, Dexter, and Heroes need to be watched almost back to back, like with a box set, a few episodes every night or so. Something like The Sopranos and whatnot can be because there's passed time between episodes, they're not ending one episode and picking up immediately in the next. Whereas with a show like Lost it's literally a cliffhanger on each and every episode. Heroes does this as well.

I had the same problem, with Heroes, in-fact. I bought it on-sale for about $12 (when it was full retail still), and always wanted to watch it.. but never did. It sat there until August of last year.

I was on a trip down to Florida (driving, but I wasn't the driver), and had nothing else to-do for the 2-3 day trip, so I just started watching Heroes. I couldn't stop, eventually. I finally had to, when my laptop died and I had no way to re-charge it. Once I did recharge it, I went to watch the next episode, and I had to stop after one this time.

It really didn't feel right, just watching one at a time, where-as when I watched literally 13 in a row (LONG... LONG trip), I was hooked and fell in love with the show.

I'd say, don't force yourself to watch it, but do try to watch it back-to-back instead of episode-by-episode. I had Season 2 sitting here for the longest time too, and then one day, I just said screw it, and put it in.

I spent the entire day doing nothing else but watching the entire Season 2, with nothing more than a break or two for food / bathroom.

Now, I need to catch-up on Season 3 (Netflix or G4), but I can't just watch it one episode at a time anymore, I have to watch the entire thing, back-to-back, or else it really loses it's luster.

As for Season 2, you can tell a difference from Season 1, and it's abit slower, and there seems to be more story, and alot less action. I personally really enjoyed it though, but boy, do I ever want to kill West. He's by-far the worst character to be on this show so-far, however, the counter-effect to him for me is Kristen Bell.

We need more of her (even though I heard she was taken off from the main cast in Season 3, which makes me wait further to watch it).

Story-wise your not missing a whole lot but there are a few things you are missing.

dcf61590.jpg

Season 1 is pretty amazing... then season 2 just falls into a cluster fuck.

Season 3, some shows are utter-shit, but some of the episodes were actually really good and I like the direction the show has now taken. It still has hope to get back on track.

It won't matter though, if it doesn't rebound this year I think it's going to get canceled.. costs tons of $$$$$ to produce.

Id say skip season 2 but since ya already paid for it, ya may as well watch it. It will make season 3 look better in comparison.

The best way to watch Heroes is to turn it off when you see "End of Volume 1" or whatever on the screen. Provided you pretend
Sylar actually died and Hiro went, IDK, back to Japan or a block away instead of season 2 when he teleported
enough stuff is wrapped up that you can call it a day.

Hmmm, due to all your comments, I think I may just watch Season 1 and end it there. I don't wanna be disappointed :hot:

Wh ythe hell are you force feeding yourself a show you arent even interested in? It isn't worth the time to watch something you don't like when you could be doing something else. My wife and I have lost interest and stopped watching in many shows we started from the beginning. No point to keep watching especially when our alone time isn't as much as it used to be since we have 2 small children.

Stuff I stopped watching:

Earl
Worst Week
Chuck
Two and a Half Men
Private Practice
ER
CSI
Most of the Law & Orders
Gary Unmarried

[quote name='DigitalSpace']If it makes you feel any better, I have yet to see a single episode of Heroes.[/quote]

Yeah..I don't watch it and probably never will. Same with Lost.

I don't understand why people like these shows so much.

Season 2 and 3 were let downs compared to the first season, but still enjoyable IMO.

and Malik, if you've never watched then of course you can't understand why people like them. :D

[quote name='MattJ1991']3ish years ago, I watched the original pilot of Heroes, it was interesting and intriguing, but like every other weekly show, I got behind (heroes was episode 3) and I decided to wait for the DVD.

When I bought the DVD, i got to disc 2, then got busy, later that year, I watched another disc and got bored. This continued on for a while, and it didn't help when the writers strike hit and I read negative reveiws about season 2. None the less though, I bought Season 2 on DVD, even though i'm still on disc 5 of season 1.

I am trying very hard not to lose interest and catch up in this show, and HOPEFULLY catch up by season 4, even though 3 is getting bad reviews too :cry:

Anyway, is there anyone else who is currently having this kind of problem? and if so, what show?

oh, and also, what are your opinions on season 2/3 of Heroes?[/QUOTE]

You should never try too hard to not lose interest in something, unless you're married to them already, and even then :). Life is too short; watch something you actually like.

[quote name='dmaul1114']and Malik, if you've never watched then of course you can't understand why people like them. :D[/quote]
This. You can't provide commentary on a show unless you've seen it. Thanks for playing.

About a year ago, I gave Arrested Development two episodes to hook me and it did not. Recently, I was convinced to give it another shot, a decision I am truly glad to have made, as now I can't get enough. Moral of the story? Sometimes it takes more than a few episodes to hook you, especially if a show is still trying to find its identity.

Season 1 was good - lots of potential. All of it wasted, of course, with the horrid Seasons 2 and 3.

I'd also recommend not forcing yourself through something. I give up on plenty of shows once it feels like work to keep up. We ditched Earl, 2.5 Men, Grey's, Terminator, Chuck, all 3 CSIs and a few more this year and things have never been better. We just blew through all of Battlestar Galactica and loved every second instead of wasting time on shit. The only shows I plan on catching up on are Terminator and Chuck which were both ditched due to scheduling conflicts with How I Met Your Mother and Gossip Girl.

I do agree with that. Life is short, and free time is even shorter. Don't force yourself to watch stuff you don't like.

But even more than that, don't waste your time about bitching about who you don't like it (but keep watching) in net forums. The Heroes thread was pretty annoying with all the people just saying how much the show sucks now.

Negative opinions are fine, but Jesus if you consistently hate a show stop watching it and wasting time bitching about it on the net!

I'm not force feeding anything, Things simply keep coming in and distracting me, same thing happens when I watch anime.

Oh yeah, I've stopped and started Season 1 of 24 3 different times. I just can't get into it but so many people love it. I bought the first 5 seasons for $50 during an insane Best Buy after Christmas sale a few years back but they are all still shrinkwrapped (well, seasons 2-4 are). It was good and all but I am not compelled to keep watching.

[quote name='javeryh']Oh yeah, I've stopped and started Season 1 of 24 3 different times. I just can't get into it but so many people love it. I bought the first 5 seasons for $50 during an insane Best Buy after Christmas sale a few years back but they are all still shrinkwrapped (well, seasons 2-4 are). It was good and all but I am not compelled to keep watching.[/quote]

Ouch, great deal for 5 seasons, to bad you couldnt get into it

bread's done
Back