$30($24 w/GCU) PS4/XB1 Tomb Raider Definitive Edition @ Bestbuy/Amazon

Hey do what`s best for you but I`d never lose money on this deal. Get a visa you`re + $15 & + 185 MBB & use it to buy the games @ GS. The trade nets another 57 MBB ~$8 away from $5 & the gc. Take the gc & remaining visa use it on another visa now you have $200 to spend anywhere. Already being Elite plus converts the MBB into $5.

There`s no such thing as being "locked into BB" they pm almost anyone/anything even when they`re not supposed to. Not knowing the weekly ads, non ad deals, mistakes, coupons for the next couple months makes it impossible to predict a spending pattern unless a person has no money. One good deal, coupon or generic BB blunder is all it takes.

These are the little things that add up over the ur resulting in 2-3 competely free games and/or paying for your PUR/GCU sub.
I guess it's different to me when I say I'm "locked into Best Buy." I don't do much video game shopping, usually. I don't mean I'm stuck buying from t hem, compared to another retailer. I mean I'm giving up money I could put towards a few rounds of golf in this scenario, maybe even the last wedge I need or the new bag I want. The other thing is just having something of a messy weekend, so I didn't have a chance to get to Best Buy, even if I had wanted (which I did, wanted to pick up a Madden 25 PM to $20 to trade for Madden 15). I get what you mean and mostly agree, I'm just not a heavy shopper, so missing out on a few points or dollars here or there doesn't get to me, because it'll be a while (during which I might play 5-10 rounds of golf I'd rather have the money for) before I'd make use of the credit.

But the thing I'm not getting here is how I would have been up money, unless there's a deal I'm missing in the mix. Even if I had gotten to the game and locked in the old TIV, I'd have been spending about $22 to get about $21 and points. How would that put me up $15?

I guess it's different to me when I say I'm "locked into Best Buy." I don't do much video game shopping, usually. I don't mean I'm stuck buying from t hem, compared to another retailer. I mean I'm giving up money I could put towards a few rounds of golf in this scenario, maybe even the last wedge I need or the new bag I want. The other thing is just having something of a messy weekend, so I didn't have a chance to get to Best Buy, even if I had wanted (which I did, wanted to pick up a Madden 25 PM to $20 to trade for Madden 15). I get what you mean and mostly agree, I'm just not a heavy shopper, so missing out on a few points or dollars here or there doesn't get to me, because it'll be a while (during which I might play 5-10 rounds of golf I'd rather have the money for) before I'd make use of the credit.

But the thing I'm not getting here is how I would have been up money, unless there's a deal I'm missing in the mix. Even if I had gotten to the game and locked in the old TIV, I'd have been spending about $22 to get about $21 and points. How would that put me up $15?
Gotcha a light shopper lol rare on CAG, can you pay for your golf using a visa card?

Using the 10% movers coupon you only pay $185 for $200 card including the fee. So an instant +$15 everytime.

Gotcha a light shopper lol rare on CAG, can you pay for your golf using a visa card?

Using the 10% movers coupon you only pay $185 for $200 card including the fee. So an instant +$15 everytime.
Ehh, rather not push too hard on the Mover's Coupons like that, I'm something of a paranoid CAG, especially since I caught the attention of the Target security--not trying to get banned from stores, haha.

In fact, I've yet to check if our town even has the Best Buy coupons in its packet. I might be doing that soon, as I'm trying to convince my sister and brother-in-law to do the Bone deal, since he'd get $128 for his 4-GB 360 and Kinect (which he somehow thinks is a bad deal, when GameStop is offering $65 for a 320-GB 360). Going to make them go get a Mover's Coupon, if they opt for a Bone.

And IDK if I could pay for the golf with such a card. I probably could, I suppose. It's just a little "meh" to me, just a bit paranoid, like I said. IF I had a crazy amount of excess spending money, I'd be more-likely to try it.

Tomb Raider is gonna have to drop down to $15 for me to even consider buying it again. $10 is a sure bet to have it in the PS4 library. Its a good game, but not good enough to replay it again to get 100%, unlike The Last of Us.

PS4 controller > XB1 controller (I have both)
The triggers on the XB1 have too much distance compared to the DS4 so its not as responsive. Felt like it was made for Forza 5 specifically. Trigger feedback is actually useful on FM5, tho.

XB1 version is CAPPED at 30fps, so it can't get higher than that, and can actually drop frames. PS4 version is the way to go, especially at 1080p. PS4 is really the definite edition, if youve play TLOUR, you know how awesome 60fps is.
I dont give a damn about achievements/trophies, and they are the last thing to consider when you graphical fidelity and controller preference in mind. PS4 has show to be the graphically better console, so thats where all my games will be going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own the X1 version and while i haven't put in too many hours into the game, I can say that the drop below 30 is probably rare/infrequent as I've never seen it drop that low. Unless of course it happens a lot near end game as I haven't reached there yet.

I say if you only own a X1 and skipped Tomb Raider last gen then this is worth a buy. If you already bought Tomb Raider last gen then I wouldn't get this for much unless A) You want to re-play through this again for whatever reason. I plan on re-beating it before the new Tomb Raider comes out (late 2015) or B) You love the multiplayer or C) Must own every Tomb Raider game.

Obviously if you own a X1 and PS4 the PS4 version is the way to go because the game runs better on the PS4 and the cutscenes are 1080p.

Honestly, looking at the 900p vs 1080p drama this is probably the only game between both platforms where this a major difference between both frame rate and resolution output. A lot of games are just 900p vs 1080p and to be perfectly honest I am fine with 900p on the bone in those cases when you consider the PS4 is 30%+ more powerful.

Tomb Raider is gonna have to drop down to $15 for me to even consider buying it again. $10 is a sure bet to have it in the PS4 library. Its a good game, but not good enough to replay it again to get 100%, unlike The Last of Us.

PS4 controller > XB1 controller (I have both)
The triggers on the XB1 have too much distance compared to the DS4 so its not as responsive. Felt like it was made for Forza 5 specifically. Trigger feedback is actually useful on FM5, tho.

XB1 version is CAPPED at 30fps, so it can't get higher than that, and can actually drop frames. PS4 version is the way to go, especially at 1080p. PS4 is really the definite edition, if youve play TLOUR, you know how awesome 60fps is.
I dont give a damn about achievements/trophies, and they are the last thing to consider when you graphical fidelity and controller preference in mind. PS4 has show to be the graphically better console, so thats where all my games will be going.
I think the controller comparison's very hand-dependent, as to which feel better. I can't STAND the PlayStation method of putting the joysticks right next to each other. It makes my hands feel more cramped when moving in a shooter. Plus, IDK what the trigger style on the PS4 is, but I only played the PS3 a time or two, and those triggers were a nightmare, in my opinion. They were like bumper-topped triggers and felt extremely awkward.

As for the version to get, totally irrelevant to me. For starters, I play on a 720p TV, and am great with that. Secondly, if I was going to get a pixel boner, I'd just buy the game on PC. Thirdly, I wouldn't ever buy a second console for a third-party game which allegedly looks better, but I can't tell because of my TV choice and my lack of ability to see most differences.

Not a ton of replay value on this game but its still really good. A lot like the uncharted games but darker and more violent

In for the PS4 version, I already played it on the PS3 but I want to experience it again in its 1080p 60fps Definitive Edition Glory!!! Such a great game.

I ended up picking this up from Gamestop yesterday ($27.99 preowned, FWIW).  After PUR, BD coupon and $5 Kongegrate coupon it came out to just under $17 after tax.

Not so. You can measure the responsiveness and accuracy of a controller. Couple that with surveys on long-term comfort and ergonomics, and you can find an objective result. That being said, that XB1 and PS4 controllers are great. Sony finally threw some money at re-engineering their design, which was long overdue for an upgrade. The speaker is a fine addtion, when used correctly. The lightbar can be annoying, and the six-axis is still hit or miss. The XB1 is an overall improved, but the new shoulder buttons took some getting use to. And all hail the new Dpad.

Saying the controller is better is purely subjective. The ps4 controller is really good anyways.

There is like no difference between trophies and achievements lol

Not so. You can measure the responsiveness and accuracy of a controller. Couple that with surveys on long-term comfort and ergonomics, and you can find an objective result. That being said, that XB1 and PS4 controllers are great. Sony finally threw some money at re-engineering their design, which was long overdue for an upgrade. The speaker is a fine addtion, when used correctly. The lightbar can be annoying, and the six-axis is still hit or miss. The XB1 is an overall improved, but the new shoulder buttons took some getting use to. And all hail the new Dpad.
Comfort/ergonomics is subjective, though. Different sizes of hands will respond different to the feel of each controller. The only objective things would be response time, because anything else will come in a subjective package.

I'll wait for this to get cheaper, the MP portion was not good so there's no rush for me.

The D-pad is still bad on the X1 IMO, the shoulder buttons were weird at first but Im used to them now.

Picked this up for $13.99+tax ($29.99 - $6 GCU - $10 RZ Cert = $13.99).  I don't think it will drop that low until Black Friday so I finally bit.  Thanks OP.

With the birthday coupon, Steal Of the Week (6,000 points for $10 off a pre-owned game), and Power Up Rewards Pro 10% this game should be around $10

[quote name="Envel" post="11985191" timestamp="1407274963"]With the birthday coupon, Steal Of the Week (6,000 points for $10 off a pre-owned game), and Power Up Rewards Pro 10% this game should be around $10[/quote]

Appears to be back to $49.99 @ Game$top

I prefer the x1's controller since I have big man hands. I do like the speaker on the ps4 though.

And I will say the ps4's controller is leaps and bounds better than ps3's. It always felt like a toy compared to other systems ha

bread's done
Back