30% All used games no minimum at goHastings!

The shipping really kills the deal. I had a cart of merchandise for $18.00...yet, the shipping cost was $27.00. $18.00 of movies and games quickly became $45.00... no deal for myself.

[quote name='CAGALICIOUS']Hopefully in 2012 they realize not to charge shipping for each item.[/QUOTE]

That would be the best gift of all

[quote name='avatar94']What's the difference between used and "Previously Viewed"? Coupon seems to only work on "used"[/QUOTE]
Previously Viewed/Previously Played - are movies that were rented in our retail locations. These movies have been reconditioned. We guarantee the full functionality of all previously viewed items. These movies are near mint condition and may include minor cosmetic flaws, but are playable. This product will not include additional discs, digital downloads, inserts or other inclusions typically associated with new or used product.

Used – is media that we have purchased from our trade in program or from other merchant partners. These products are carefully inspected before purchasing and tested to make sure they have full functionality. All items are reconditioned and packaged for purchase.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']hey never bought from here. do their games usually come in great condition?[/QUOTE]

I've never, ever understood this question.

They're used games. Used games come from the customer. There's no appropriate measure on whether or not they'll come in "great" condition. It's all a matter of whatever the employee picks and ships in the store. I'm sure they'll buff it out before they send it, but no, there's no 100% guarantee that you'll get a great condition game. Ever. Anywhere.

What's the difference between used and "Previously Viewed"? Coupon seems to only work on "used"

PV are formal rentals, used are games that customers have traded in.

Thanks for the info. Tempted by a couple things that I couldn't find matches for in Ganmestop's B2G1 sale but I think I'll hold out rather than risk getting a junky copy.

I love these threads...EVERY time:

1 - Do the games come in good condition?
2 - What's the difference between Previously Viewed and used?

lol, EVERY time.

[quote name='UnkownShadowZ']The shipping really kills the deal. I had a cart of merchandise for $18.00...yet, the shipping cost was $27.00. $18.00 of movies and games quickly became $45.00... no deal for myself.[/QUOTE]

The shipping is high, but if you check the prices at other sites, you'll usually find that, even if they gave free shipping, they'd still be higher than goHastings. For many games, goHastings have by far the lowest prices, especially when they have sales.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I love these threads...EVERY time:

lol, EVERY time.[/QUOTE]

you forgot 3.

3 - Why do they charge shipping for each item?

[quote name='Scorch']I've never, ever understood this question.

They're used games. Used games come from the customer. There's no appropriate measure on whether or not they'll come in "great" condition. It's all a matter of whatever the employee picks and ships in the store. I'm sure they'll buff it out before they send it, but no, there's no 100% guarantee that you'll get a great condition game. Ever. Anywhere.

PV are formal rentals, used are games that customers have traded in.[/QUOTE]

There is a measure. Different retailers have different standards for accepting used games from consumers. Back when mom and pop game stores existed around my area, they only accepted good condition used games with the box and manual. Thus, when I bought from them, I knew I'd always get a used game in good condition. gamestop on the other hand is lax, thus, what you say, that you just can't really know IS the standard that you can expect.

Another example. Gamefly can sell games in really bad conditions. Scratches, chips on the discs, etc. Amazon doesn't tend to, as far as I know, accept used games in that condition so you could compare the two saying "You have to be lucky to get a used game in great condition from Gamefly but with Amazon you can usually expect pretty good condition used games." You can nevr expct a certain condition with 100% certainty but knowing others' customer experiences helps guate the usual quality and that matters to some people.

There's a few titles that are tempting. Price is right on a few I've been wanting, but were a few dollars over my cut off..

[quote name='Scorch']I've never, ever understood this question.

[/QUOTE]

No. It's very understandable. Are your games going to come shitty (no manuals, buffed looking disc that will stop working after a few months, cracked game case, scratches, etc.) or "great condition" (case manual, no scratches, clean cases, etc.). AND yes I have got "great condition games" from goHastings....even from family video. Sorry to burst you're bubble dude.

That's why I usually stick to AWD. I know from experience that the used games I purchased will most likely be in great shape and if not it can easily be rectified. Some of these games at goHastings are only 2-3$ cheaper than AWD. Truthfully, I'd rather pay that little bit extra if it means a no hassle experience. Though, I might bite on Fallout 3: GOTY and Darksiders.

It's because the games are shipped out from their retail stores across the country. This means that you will receive a package for each item you order, usually.

Ive ordered from them on about 10 different occasions and never had any problems with the used games. I just bought Fight Night Champion today for under $13. The sale they are having today is good for one or two items because the shipping stacks.

lol, EVERY time.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's funny. You know there's new CAG's joining the site weekly. Shipping kills any deal they have...

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Well why do they? Lol[/QUOTE]

:booty:

Because they have multiple store locations for their stock of used games and have to ship each game out separately from different stores (this is why there is no combined shipping option). "Ohhhh, so THAT is why all my orders come in separate packages"....

Good enough explanation, yeah?

No, still not happy?

Deal with it, stop complaining at the shipping costs and only buy when the % off + shipping is worth it. (not necessarily aimed at you but at the countless "whiners" in general)

:D

[quote name='antlp89']:booty:

Because they have multiple store locations for their stock of used games and have to ship each game out separately from different stores (this is why there is no combined shipping option). "Ohhhh, so THAT is why all my orders come in separate packages"....

Good enough explanation, yeah?

No, still not happy?

Deal with it, stop complaining at the shipping costs and only buy why the % off + shipping is worth it. (not necessarily aimed at you but at the countless "whiners" in general)

:D[/QUOTE]

This exactly. Who gives a crap how much shipping makes up of the price? The final cost is what matters. If you think that price is a good deal, who cares whether each game adds $2.28 to it's base price. They could easily raise the price of each game by $2 and go to free shipping and I'd bet far fewer people would bitch and complain.

antlp89, you are complaining about people complaining...almost makes sense. As stated before, anyone with common sense can figure out that NEW CAG members join all the time and may not know the specifics. Get off your high horse attitude and grow up. Deal with that.

[quote name='UnkownShadowZ']antlp89, you are complaining about people complaining...almost makes sense. As stated before, anyone with common sense can figure out that NEW CAG members join all the time and may not know the specifics. Get off your high horse attitude and grow up. Deal with that.[/QUOTE]

And those people are lazy and deserved to be called out. There is a dedicated Hastings thread with a very well done FAQ on it. 10 seconds of searching answers all your questions.

I used to like them when they listed special editions but they no longer do... and it seems like their games are now much higher than market prices...

They were great a few months ago! Now, though, they've actually raised all their prices, so even after the discount... not so much. Still tempted to pick up a couple things, but will prolly pass.

I tried several times to buy games, but it keeps telling me my address on my card doesn't match, or I get an error message. But it's my correct address, and it always works with Paypal and other online stores. I'm pissed.

In OS X I tried Firefox and Safari, and same thing. Rebooted to Win7 and tried Internet Explorer and same problem.

I really would like to get a few games, but I don't think it's going to let me no matter what. I wish they accepted Paypal.

[quote name='Vinny']I used to like them when they listed special editions but they no longer do... and it seems like their games are now much higher than market prices...[/QUOTE]

They do have special editions, they're just hidden inside their "Choose a format" console. Arkham City, for instance, has multiple Used listings for PS3 and 360, one of those is the normal edition and the other is the SE.

Shipping is charged for each item because literally every item can and most likely will come from different Hastings stores and in its own package because of this. I have ordered 6 games at once before and every one was shipped separately because the store shipping them out were all different locations.

EDIT - damn it, I didnt know this was answered a few posts up. Sorry.

The individual shipping cost is crap. If they want to be a real online retailer, then hire developers to figure out where your stock is coming from and charge appropriate shipping. I've gotten bags with 2-6 movies in it. Why should i still pay per item?

And yes, the prices have gone up recently to the point where hastings price + shipping + tax (theyre the only retailer I've ever seen online that charges tax on shipping) - 30% is still even or higher than amazon.

[quote name='Kylearan']They do have special editions, they're just hidden inside their "Choose a format" console. Arkham City, for instance, has multiple Used listings for PS3 and 360, one of those is the normal edition and the other is the SE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have a few but it's a lot less than they used to have... they don't have many common ones like Deus Ex and Uncharted 3. And they have BAC, but only on the PS3.

In the past, they seemed to have listings for more CEs, regardless of whether they had it in stock.

I've ordered several used games from GoHastings, all were in fantastic condition and in original cases.. but I'd never order when they weren't offering free shipping.

21 dollars total for Yakuza 4 and MGS4, not bad considering I almost paid 27 for Yakuza yesterday on Glyde.

If you combined GoHasting's selection/deals with FamilyVideo's shipping/handling prices, you'd have the best online retailer for used games out there I think.

lol, EVERY time.[/QUOTE]

That's why I wrote a FAQ in the GoHastings Deal Thread. Speaking of which...

[quote name='Blade']GoHastings Deal Thread - Christmas Day Only: 30% off used Games, Books, Movies, & CDs

Thanks for reposting the same shit.

Seriously OP. Do a little reading once in a while. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Blade. Seriously, the GH Deal thread couldn't have been farther than page 2. But hey, why read anything before you post?

Oh good grief, it never amazes me to see people on this forum be so kind until someone reposts a deal. Who cares, really? Some people don't frequent this forum 400 times a day (I'm guilty of visiting more probably), so if something like this gets reposted, is it really that big of a deal?

Also, got hangover 2 2-disc for 10.68 shipped, that's the most I was willing to pay.

These Live/Soon To Be Live deal threads need a temporary sticky so it doesn't get lost on page 5 after only a day. I personally only check 3 pages back before I post a deal.

Again, the GH Deals Thread wasn't buried. It was on the friggin' second page, OP just didn't give a shit enough to look even that far before he posted.

And its not just an "upcoming deal" thread for this one sale: its updated with the weekly with the weekly deal at a minimum, if not more often. I take the time to figure out what the upcoming deals will be and share them with CAG ahead of time as soon as I figure it out, as well as maintain the thread once deals are live and whatnot. This Christmas deal was in the title of post for a couple of days now if not longer. All of the details of this deal are in the first post of the GH Deals Thread and it's certainly more informative than this first post here was. No need to wade through 30 pages when the first post is well maintained.

Which brings me to the point about re-posts: CAG permits and seemingly encourages people volunteer their time run threads for certain purposes - GoHastings Deals, Target Clearance, Amazon Warehouse Deals, etc. Whats the point in me volunteering the time to maintain a thread, find out about deals for CAGs before they happen, write FAQs, answer people's questions in the thread, etc. if people are just not going to search before they post and the moderators don't bother to close obvious lazy re-post threads like this one?

It's one thing if there's some kind of insane deal that deserves its own post. (30% off isn't an insane deal - its pretty much the norm of a deal with Hastings.) Or if Hastings hasn't had shit going on for a while and the Deals thread is buried 8 pages back or whatever and then suddenly they spring a deal and for whatever reason I or the other regulars in the GoHastings thread weren't on top of updating that thread. (But again, the regular GoHastings Deals thread fell to page 2 today at the furthest and it already contained this deal.)

Otherwise I'd hope moderators would be quicker to close re-post threads when there's clearly a well maintained permanent thread running. But its Christmas so I assume the mods aren't doing much modding today. And in two hours this deal will be dead, along with this thread, so it almost doesn't matter at this point. But I think the general points I've made are still valid.

[quote name='dm85']These Live/Soon To Be Live deal threads need a temporary sticky so it doesn't get lost on page 5 after only a day. I personally only check 3 pages back before I post a deal.[/QUOTE]

The page was not buried...at all.

bread's done
Back