$30 Batman AC CE @ Bestbuy(in-store only)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They dropped the price today but it hasn't yet changed online
The PS3 is the only one still in-stock online but using the 360 SKU YMMV on in-store.

Just found the way to search each stores clearance item section
Use the store locator, click on the store itself then check the clearance section
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12092&type=page&_requestid=131517

$10 base TIV @ BB if you just want the swag
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/fu...&UPC=883929212606&itemID=10549&category=Video Games

PS3 - 3046579
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Batman%3A+Arkham+City+Collector%27s+Edition+&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

X360 - 3046603

$55 Sam's club
PS3 - http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod4750174&navAction=

X360 - http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...man: arkham city collector's edition xbox 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgEBT-sYsk

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TaylorM06']Or you can do what I did yesterday, price match AC GOTY Edition for $40 with Gamestop's sale.[/QUOTE]Did it come with the statue? Most people that wanted the game have already got it when it was $10 @ BB using the @gamer coupon. I'll wait for the GOTY to reach $20-$25.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Or you can do what I did yesterday, price match AC GOTY Edition for $40 with Gamestop's sale.[/QUOTE]People that are still buying the Collectors Edition arent doing it for the game alone so GOTY wouldnt suffice

Still have one 360 collector's copy sealed at my house just sitting around. I would be more than happy to sell it if anyone does not have one at a BB nearby. You can see it listed in my trade list within my sig.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Always tempting, would be a thoughtless purchase at $39.99.[/QUOTE]If you're RZ silver 60 days to pm it lower...if you're a savvy CAG you could buy now & if there's no price drop return it on day 58 at closing. Then re-purchase it the next morning & get another 60 days. It's not going to hold $50 for 4 months.:whistle2:k

Oh..that's actually $49.99 just 1c shy of the "Free $10 Savings Code if you spend $50 on games" from BestBuy.

Another thing.. is this Collector's Ed. includes all the DLC that they're selling in the GOTY edition?

[quote name='Enuf']Did it come with the statue? Most people that wanted the game have already got it when it was $10 @ BB using the @gamer coupon. I'll wait for the GOTY to reach $20-$25.[/QUOTE]

No statue. Just the game, I didn't have any of the DLC for AC except for Catwoman, so when they announced GOTY I traded my AC to BBY for $30, then spent the extra $20 for the GOTY. Cheaper than buying all the DLC on the marketplace.

I know it's all about the statue. But since there's a GOTY Edition now, we will find the AC CE for dirt cheap one day (I hope!)

[quote name='cagfansub']Oh..that's actually $49.99 just 1c shy of the "Free $10 Savings Code if you spend $50 on games" from BestBuy.

Another thing.. is this Collector's Ed. includes all the DLC that they're selling in the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

Collectors Edition has only the Catwoman DLC. And maybe the Robin DLC (Not 100% sure), but there's also the Nightwing and Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC that's not in the CE, which is why I went with the GOTY edition.

[quote name='TaylorM06']No statue. Just the game, I didn't have any of the DLC for AC except for Catwoman, so when they announced GOTY I traded my AC to BBY for $30, then spent the extra $20 for the GOTY. Cheaper than buying all the DLC on the marketplace.

I know it's all about the statue. But since there's a GOTY Edition now, we will find the AC CE for dirt cheap one day (I hope!)[/QUOTE]yeah, that's the problem now the CE's are drying up in my area which usually keeps alot of them till the price is right. It's closing in a yr since AC released & the game is very very popular which all works against getting it cheap in the wild.

its not sold out/deleted for me. The problem might be that the actual link in your post is messed up with a space inserted in the middle of it.

[quote name='cgxcswim']its not sold out/deleted for me. The problem might be that the actual link in your post is messed up with a space inserted in the middle of it.[/QUOTE]found a new link that's still working

[quote name='Enuf']yeah, that's the problem now the CE's are drying up in my area which usually keeps alot of them till the price is right. It's closing in a yr since AC released & the game is very very popular which all works against getting it cheap in the wild.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of done with CE's on release day. My last 2 were inFamous 2 and Uncharted 3. And they both ended up selling for anywhere from $40-60, when I spent $100 for them (Really just for the game and statues, don't care much about the rest of the swag). I'm getting Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition. But after that, I'm going to try to resist CE's and wait for clearance prices.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm kind of done with CE's on release day. My last 2 were inFamous 2 and Uncharted 3. And they both ended up selling for anywhere from $40-60, when I spent $100 for them (Really just for the game and statues, don't care much about the rest of the swag). I'm getting Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition. But after that, I'm going to try to resist CE's and wait for clearance prices.[/QUOTE]exact reason why I'm tryin to get BB to offer $20-$30 more credit for the ones that cost $100 or more.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

[quote name='Enuf']If you're RZ silver 60 days to pm it lower...if you're a savvy CAG you could buy now & if there's no price drop return it on day 58 at closing. Then re-purchase it the next morning & get another 60 days. It's not going to hold $50 for 4 months.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm quite savvy but too busy to spend such energy and gas to get a deal on this. Good suggestion though.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'm quite savvy but too busy to spend such energy and gas to get a deal on this. Good suggestion though.[/QUOTE]benefit of locations BB is 3 min from my house, another one is 5 min from my jobs wharehouse & I pass by 3 other stores everyday Mon-Fri. Time & gas not an issue at all.

[quote name='cagfansub']Anyone of you managed to get the $10 savings code with just a single purchase of this item?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure thats in store pickup only, and this is an online only order

[quote name='zachattack45']Pretty sure thats in store pickup only, and this is an online only order[/QUOTE]You can get in-store p/u with this if your store has it in stock, CS can change the order if needed.

[quote name='lRolLlLilN']Ah, I fell off the fence and bought myself one. Thanks OP for the post. :p[/QUOTE]did you go for the $10 saving code too?

Ah sucks.. that $10 saving coupon doesn't apply if you can't do a store pickup. No stores in my area has this item.

Gave this to my friend as an early bday thing and he loved it. The statue is so bad ass and detailed. 2 codes to play as catwoman and robin. Really cool blu ray with short stories, commentary, etc.. The game was inside the artbook which I thought was weird but cool at the same time. It's probably one of the best CEs I've seen. They really learned their shit from the asylum CE. That shit sucked. Thanks again.

For anybody thinking about buying it, be aware - there is no separate game box with this, which I personally find extremely lame. The artbook has a place for the game in the back. They give you the manual and catalog, but no place to hold them. Pretty damn lame.

I agree with others, you're basically buying a statue. I'd suggest picking up the PS3 version if you can and resell everything with the PS3 game. PS3 games sell higher than 360 games, typically. Use the money to buy the GOTY edition for whichever platform you prefer. GOTY has ugly boxart, but I'll take an ugly case vs. no case.

[quote name='pwnthee']For anybody thinking about buying it, be aware - there is no separate game box with this, which I personally find extremely lame. The artbook has a place for the game in the back. They give you the manual and catalog, but no place to hold them. Pretty damn lame.

I agree with others, you're basically buying a statue. I'd suggest picking up the PS3 version if you can and resell everything with the PS3 game. PS3 games sell higher than 360 games, typically. Use the money to buy the GOTY edition for whichever platform you prefer. GOTY has ugly boxart, but I'll take an ugly case vs. no case.[/QUOTE]The unboxing video in the OP shows this

Some of my b2g2free orders look pretty idiotic now. On Sunday night I ordered this Arkham City CE ps3, Mortal Kombat Komplete, Metal Gear Collection, and Jak & Daxter for $96 total. Not such a mind-blowing deal now.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Some of my b2g2free orders look pretty idiotic now. On Sunday night I ordered this Arkham City CE ps3, Mortal Kombat Komplete, Metal Gear Collection, and Jak & Daxter for $96 total. Not such a mind-blowing deal now.[/QUOTE]Huh? You paid $24 each
$5 cheaper than this CE
MK complete hasn't been cheaper than $30
MGS & J&D are steals at $20 each so paying $48 vs $40 is srrill huge considering the other 2 games & prices you got.

I'm more upset that both the UC3 & this CE sold when I gonna get both using the b2g1 prior to the drops but the drop made them sell out. Now the 3rd CE isn't a deal at all for $70 & adding a Prototype 2 CE isn't worth it. So I purchased nothing

[quote name='merchie89']picked one of these up when they dropped at gamestop, my BB has one for each system.[/QUOTE]

How much are they at GS?

I just found the last PS3 copy of this at my Best Buy (VA Beach) for 24.99. Going to take the statue and sell the rest of it since I already have the GOTY edition.

[quote name='Bionix01']I price matched it with Fry's for 19.99 now im going to trade it in for the 15 and pick up Amular.[/QUOTE]

Did you PM showing the internet price from Fry's or did you have the ad physically in hand? I ask since I have not done a PM at BB before.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Still 49.99 at my store I asked them to ring it up too[/QUOTE]in-store or over the phone? The store I was in had a new shelf tag same thing happened with UC CE last week.

I called up the stores around me and they're still in their system at $49.99. Hopefully the online drop follows shortly, and isn't labeled as an outlet item. I have a copy that I had purchased alone that I'd love to price match to $30 if at all possible.

bread's done
Back