$30 Bonus Trade-In Credit for CURRENT GEN Consoles until April 27th

Armenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
In-Store Offer Only
The only thing better than getting trade-in credit for your old consoles and games at your local GameStop is getting extra trade-in credit at your local GameStop. Now through April 27, trade in your Xbox 360, Wii or PS3, and you'll receive an additional $30 trade-in credit. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply. Please see our Trade-in Values page for further details.

Better get to trading in those Wiis :roll:

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']great, so you get $32.50 for each console... :roll:[/quote]

The $32.50 is after you use your Edge card of course. :lol:

[quote name='Lokki']The $32.50 is after you use your Edge card of course. :lol:[/quote]Nope, before since you can't use the card on systems.

32.50 you guys hit it right on the head!!! Then the system will be resold to some sucker for a cool 150... Thats the Gamestop Way!!! Major Ripoff I'd say might as well keep ur systems and buy games....

[quote name='kellehair']What do they give for a 360? Would they take one that works but has some minor physical damage?[/quote]

Chances are yours is better looking than 99.99% of the consoles they have in stores...

But the manager makes up the rules for each console trade-in for the store. Some consider opened up systems broken, others won't take them at all. Only your store can let you know, so take it in and see for yerself.

[quote name='kellehair']What do they give for a 360? Would they take one that works but has some minor physical damage?[/quote]

Some stores accept and stockpile 360's that have had belgian waffles stuffed in the disc trays....so yeah. It's a bonus if the controllers have dried whipped cream between the buttons. :drool:

They tried to sell me a DS that was in "awesome condition" when I was shopping for one for my fiance's birthday. They were in a hurry to ring me up for some reason, but obviously I asked to see the DS itself first. It looked like it had been thrown against a brick wall and dragged across concrete. I didn't even look at the screen.

[quote name='artvandelay30']What would the trade in value of a Wii be with the additional $30[/quote]

I asked about this a few days ago and the TIV was quoted at $160, so it'd be $190. In store credit, of course.

[quote name='davyd']I can sense GS getting flooded with bricked and red-ringed 360s in the next few days.[/quote]

no way!!?, they test that stuff out here.
i would assume though that people with banned xbox 360's would sell them instead.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']For a trade-in value it's not, doubly so for it being GS.[/quote]

I agree, $160 for a Wii is high for GS.

I wonder what they're giving for a PS3.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']190 seems kinda low for a wii...[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty fair since they only sell them for around $230 used. Amazingly Wiis don't go for very much on the open market despite their perceived rarity, you can get a new/sealed one for around retail price, so a used one is only going to fetch between $220-$230 (before fees, but also before adding excessive shipping charges if you're selling on Ebay). By comparison, trading in the Wii is probably one of the BETTER deals Gamestop offers for trade-in system prices. I can't imagine them giving much more for a 360 or PS3.

$110.00 trade value. $15.00 for the 20 gig Hard Drive.

Plus $30.00 extra = STILL WEAK ;)

Xfactor

P.S. Oh yeah, thats STORE CREDIT values only ! hahaha....

I suddenly have the urge to trade in my red ringed 360. Screw you gamestop!!. Whens the last time you gave me a deal. You didnt even call me after we whent on that date, you cheap bastard. ( not to offend any cheap ass gamers out there). Does anyone know how much they will give you for a 360?

[quote name='kidrocklive']if you really wanna sell the wii, why not just ebay it?[/quote]

Over 90% of the time "gamesi" can be used in place of "wii".

roc's feather;4263496 said:
Does the psp count as a current gen system? I'm speaking of the old black version, not the newer slim.

And if so, what's the trade in value?
Even if it did, it doesn't count as a console.

[quote name='Sulik2']Anyone know current trade in value of PS2?[/QUOTE]

According to the CagWiki trade in list, the fat gets $20 while the slim gets $30. That was last updated on 10/07, so it's probably even less now. Pretty outrageous if you ask me.

bread's done
Back