$30 Future Gamestop Credit when buying Black Wii Console

For some reason, I keep getting a game over screen on the website when I try adding the Black Wii bundle to the cart.

[quote name='estofan']For some reason, I keep getting a game over screen on the website when I try adding the Black Wii bundle to the cart.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop's website is sorta falling apart right now. Just wait a bit and try again later.

OK, that is an incredible deal.

I was just thinking of using my RDR $20 GC and pre-ordering SMG2 because of the $20 I get with that credit even though I don't have a Wii yet.

If Amazon PM's this, I'm all over it.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']OK, that is an incredible deal.

I was just thinking of using my RDR $20 GC and pre-ordering SMG2 because of the $20 I get with that credit even though I don't have a Wii yet.

If Amazon PM's this, I'm all over it.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I'd be sorely tempted by an Amazon PM and I only play a Wii game every six months or more.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Yah, I'd be sorely tempted by an Amazon PM and I only play a Wii game every six months or more.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention saving money on tax, which could go towards buying a 3-year warranty from Square Trade. Then again, my current backlog is so catastrophically, and embarrassingly large (for PS3, PC, DS, and Gamecube), that buying another console to feed would be an extremely poor judgment call on my part. ;)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I didn't see anytyhing you wrote - your avatar is FREAKING ME OUT! I hate fucking clowns.[/QUOTE]

Clowns are your friends...remember that.

Pretty much a wash comparing either this (and trading in the old Wii) or the $49.99 trade-in offer. Meh.

Decent deal for those new to the Wii, though...

anyone know what the GS trade in for wii sports and wii sports resort are? the CAG TIV isnt listed for either item. wondering if trading in the 2 games along with the $30 credit would be enough for SMG2.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']anyone know what the GS trade in for wii sports and wii sports resort are? the CAG TIV isnt listed for either item. wondering if trading in the 2 games along with the $30 credit would be enough for SMG2.[/QUOTE]

wii sports is probably like $1.25 if that, their TIV is usually much lower than everyone else unless you tier trade and edge card it. TRU is giving $3.35 for wii sports/$3.75 wii sports resort. So, no, it wouldn't be enough for SMG2.

[quote name='100xp']wii sports is probably like $1.25 if that, their TIV is usually much lower than everyone else unless you tier trade and edge card it. TRU is giving $3.35 for wii sports/$3.75 wii sports resort. So, no, it wouldn't be enough for SMG2.[/QUOTE]

thanks and dang! cause IMO that wouldve been a pretty sweet deal, black wii + SMG2 for $199 (before tax). not that $219 isn't terrible. hmm what to do, what to do?

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers

Oh fuck you, Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Free shipping, what is the problem?

[quote name='dc_fortythree']anyone know what the GS trade in for wii sports and wii sports resort are? the CAG TIV isnt listed for either item. wondering if trading in the 2 games along with the $30 credit would be enough for SMG2.[/QUOTE]

Traded in a copy of Wii sports last week for $5 before edge and 30% bonus. First GS i went to wouldnt take it though so i dont know.

wii sports is a tough game to trade because the general non-gaming populous isn't aware that it only comes in a cardboard sleeve and not a dvd case. when I traded it to TRU I had to go 3 times and the 3rd time I had a printed email from TRU corporate with a bunch of SKU numbers and finally got it traded in. Also, games that come with system just don't have a lot of TIV (outside of 360 holiday bundles).

[quote name='Bawse']Traded in a copy of Wii sports last week for $5 before edge and 30% bonus. First GS i went to wouldnt take it though so i dont know.[/QUOTE]

thanks! i checked completed sales on ebay and think i could net about 20 bucks for resort which would pay off SMG2.

sold my wii sports recently on amazon for $25 net
don't trade it in
breakdown for my black wii
$211 for the system including tax (walmart)
-$10 bing cashback
-$50 return for free (nunchuck and generic wii remote) did instore right when I picked it up
-$25 wii sports
-$35 wii resorts
-$40 black wii mote and nunchuck)
total $51 I can live with that why people didn't go with the walmart deal I have no idea people were like "the generic wii remote suck" lol I tried to spread the word that it is invoiced at full price and can be a no hassle return.

[quote name='almasy82']sold my wii sports recently on amazon for $25 net
don't trade it in
-$10 bing cashback
-$50 return for free (nunchuck and generic wii remote) did instore right when I picked it up
-$25 wii sports
-$35 wii resorts
total $51 I can live with that why people didn't go with the walmart deal I have no idea people were like "the generic wii remote suck" lol I tried to spread the word that it is invoiced at full price and can be a no hassle return.[/QUOTE]

so basically for $51 you got a black wii console and power cables after selling both remotes and nunchucks and all the games (which you might already have)

[quote name='frpilot']so basically for $51 you got a black wii console and power cables after selling both remotes and nunchucks and all the games (which you might already have)[/QUOTE]
yep basically i have 4 wiimotes already so it is going upstairs to match my black color set up and I will throw the other one downstairs for the daughter to play on. Not bad if you have a wii already. Seems like alot of work but not really. Listed all the junk on amazon and sold them quickly and made 1 trip to the post office. Total time spent counting the return 30 minutes or so

[quote name='almasy82']sold my wii sports recently on amazon for $25 net
don't trade it in
-$10 bing cashback
-$25 wii sports
-$35 wii resorts
total $51 I can live with that why people didn't go with the walmart deal I have no idea people were like "the generic wii remote suck" lol I tried to spread the word that it is invoiced at full price and can be a no hassle return.[/QUOTE]
is that supposed to be a deal? all that for a color change lol

I have the $20 RDR, $20 SMG2 and $10 acreed2 credit. Was going to use them towards the black bundle on amazon, but then found and posted this deal. Hoping amazon matches as well.

[quote name='mcdaking84']is that supposed to be a deal? all that for a color change lol[/QUOTE]
nope not for a color change. I know have 2 system.. a black one up stairs. Color change plus another system :) So $51 for a black wii and I keep my old sytem.

wouldn't you want color matched remotes, nunchuks, motion plus also? or are you going to make trips upstairs and downstairs with your 4 white wiimotes

I agree, Amazon matches this and I'll bite.

I bit the bullet and bought the bundle at Amazon. Couldn't wait anymore. I'll be playing Galaxy 2 tomorrow. Ah well. If they match, I'll try for a price match.

other than SAVER, any codes that stack on to Console purchases?

i'm tempted to go with GS instead of Amazon simply because i've got some Edge credit to burn

So, is it considered dishonest to get the Wii, obtain the $30 future credit and return the Wii? I had 121 in credit for GS, so I ordered one, now I see a limit of 2 per household so I'm thinking of returning the first and buying a second, getting $60 in credit(even if it doesn't stack).

bread's done
Back