30 Minute Beta Test Opportunity w/Gift Card Reward

[quote name='popular penguin']Will a wired xbox 360 work?[/QUOTE]

Yes, wired 360 gamepad will work. If it has a d-pad or stick, you're good.

Everyone who has signed up but hasn't received a forum activation confirmation, or info about the beta test, we manually approve testers and our office closed until tomorrow. We'll start activating accounts again in the morning. Thank you for your patience. :)

How does the gift card offer work? Do you have to test all 3 weeks and then you receive the gift card by email or do you receive the gift card for testing the first week?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

[quote name='Valo916']Just got done testing, was very fun :)[/QUOTE]

Was there communication in the game? I had my headset on and didn't hear anything

[quote name='rakaminkol']Yeah testing was a blast, except I kept losing connection. Any idea when we get our gift cards?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't see anyone,but I could hear/drive around...I emailed Joe my problems he said no worries I'm still able to test next week.

After the 3rd week of testing he said will all get our card.

[quote name='Hestar']I couldn't see anyone,but I could hear/drive around...I emailed Joe my problems he said no worries I'm still able to test next week.

After the 3rd week of testing he said will all get our card.[/QUOTE]
So I presume we will have to test all three weeks?

[quote name='rakaminkol']So I presume we will have to test all three weeks?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what It said in the email.I thought it was just a 30 min test for the GC myself.

[quote name='Hestar']I couldn't see anyone,but I could hear/drive around...I emailed Joe my problems he said no worries I'm still able to test next week.

After the 3rd week of testing he said will all get our card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hestar']Yeah that's what It said in the email.I thought it was just a 30 min test for the GC myself.[/QUOTE]
Can you post the e-mail if possible? Does it mention how often these tests are?

[quote name='rakaminkol']Can you post the e-mail if possible? Does it mention how often these tests are?[/QUOTE]
Sure,np man

Yeah, sorry that you couldn’t get to a point to see everyone else before they finished. You’re welcome to participate in the next test next week. I’ll post the time and date for it in the forums once it’s set. You’re still qualified for the gift card, which we’ll be sending out to all participants after the completion of the 3rd test.

Thanks,
Joe

In an email from Joe to me he said you only have to do the one test to get the gift card.

Here is what he said -

[FONT=&quot]Hi David,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You’ll get a gift card as long as you participate tonight, but it won’t be sent to you until after the 3rd week’s test. Participating in the other tests isn’t a requirement for receiving the gift card, though you’re welcome to keep testing with us in the following weeks if you want.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe

Then I asked do you get a gift every week or just once and here is what he said -

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]That’s a popular question. [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] It’s a one-time gift card offer, unfortunately. Participating in the tests the following weeks won’t result in additional gift cards. You will get to see any improvements (however minor) that have been made to the system, though. The tests those weeks will also involve more people than those in the test tonight.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe[/FONT]

Anyone heard anything about our gift card we were supposed to get for helping ibeta out? They said after the 3rd week and we are on the 4th week. I emailed Joe but got no response at all when I asked him about the gift card.

Has anyone received a gift card after testing for this? I never saw information on a 4th test. The last contact they had was a mass email after the 3rd test asking those who had issues in playing to send in their logs, but I didn't have any connection problems so I didn't. The ibeta forums have been down for a while now and I'm beginning to wonder if the project collapsed or what.

Made me sad that I signed up for this thing very soon after it was posted here on CAG and I never got any emails or anything regarding it. Never got to participate. The lack of updates on here and Icefall's message seems like it all fell through. The least they could have done is told people.

I emailed Joe back on 5-16 and here is what he had to say. If you want to contact him here is his email [email protected]. Maybe if enough people contact him they may do something.

His email to me on 5-16-11 after I asked about the gift card and how we had not received it:

[FONT=&quot]Sorry about missing your last email. I’ve been responding to several people who have the same question and concern that you do, and your message just slipped by me. Xulu hasn’t yet authorized us to release gift cards since they haven’t scheduled their third test. In the event that Xulu doesn’t lock down a date soon, we will internally discuss releasing the GCs early, but I don’t know what that deadline date will be.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know you were probably hoping for a better answer than that. You will be receiving a gift card soon, I just can’t give you a hard date.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Thank you for your patience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe Williams[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]QA Manager – Interactive Entertainment[/FONT]

Have not heard anything from him since.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I just sent off an email myself. Thanks for the info you've heard. I hope they can at least ping everyone with a status update or something.

Just recieved an email with a $10 amazon gift card. The sender was @xulu.com, so I assume it's from this beta test opportunity. If you participated, you might want to check your email.

I got my gift card too. I hope all is going ok for their project and wish them luck in their future works as well.

bread's done
Back