30% Off Used Games at GoHastings.com! (Ends 11/30)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hastings has a 30% off used sale and it rocks. There's a ton of great deals to be found here. I just saw the God of War collection for $34 used, which means it'll be about $25 shipped

Use this code to get 30% off: CYBERMONDAY
http://www.gohastings.com/department/GAME.uts

Here's my first order:

BioShock Used - PlayStation 3 $11.97
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Used - PlayStation 3 $10.77
Battlefield: Bad Company Used - PlayStation 3 $10.77
Jeanne d'Arc Used - PlayStation Portable $8.98
Kingdom Hearts II Previously Viewed - PlayStation 2 2 for $7.98 each

Merchandise:$58.45
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$7.99
Total:$66.44

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sking29']I've tried several times to get a used Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 discounted but the system won't apply the 30% discount. The discounts for the other games I tried worked so I am not getting this at all lol.[/QUOTE]

Hmm you're right, the discount wasn't taken off for me either. Not sure why.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Hmm you're right, the discount wasn't taken off for me either. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of is some kind of system error. I think the PS3 version is the only used version available so maybe there is some kind of conflict because of that.

just scored Borderlands (PS3) used for $37 shipped no tax...i hope the game is in good condition...this is the first time i've ordered from gohastings.com

I know this is very very stupid but there might be a 0.0000001% chance: is the B2G1 deal finished. I assume we can't stack but are they running together? (30% for the guys who want 1-2 & B2G1 for the guys who want 3).

Oh, no! The BLACKFRIDAY code mysteriously stopped working while I was checking out my order. I’m serious! I’ve removed and re-added it several times, and it’s no longer showing a discount. And customer service is closed until Monday!

Why... why me...

Is this happening to anyone else? I’m wondering if I should move ahead and try to get the extra amount refunded, or if I should, uh, see if things are better... tomorrow... (that is, Saturday)

The promo code will not work for me either, it says "Promotion code BLACKFRIDAY has been applied to your order." But there is no discount on the items in my cart. Guess I missed my chance, damn.

I placed my order anyway, explaining in an e-mail that the promotion was still being advertised, and nothing indicated that anything had expired. I hope they refund the difference!

(I placed my order around 11:30 PST; I live in Oregon, so it’s still Friday, here. But really, I find it hard to think that “sale runs from Thanksgiving Day until Saturday, 11/28/2009” would exclude Saturday itself anyway. Besides, the ferking thing is STILL BEING ADVERTISED. So, they’d better give me my discount.)

OMG! This is what I got from Customer Support:

--

Thank you for your email. We do apologize for any inconvenience this
issue may have caused you. I did alert the proper personal when I came
on this morning and they just advised me that the "BlackFriday"
promotional discounts have been fixed. If there is anything else we can
do for you
please let us know.

Thank you,
Patricia
Customer Service Associate

--

Don’t give up, my fellow cheap-asses!

(For those wondering, they haven’t fixed my order or refunded the difference, yet. I’ve asked them again to do so. It sounds like they will.)

WARNING!!

If anyone gets the error I got upon checking out ("We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at service@ goHastings.com or 877-427-8464."), do NOT, I repeat do NOT try checking out again! Despite not receiving any emails from them (either order confirmations or a response to my contact inquiry), the money was debited from my card. Now I have an empty checking account with a dozen repeated charges, and their customer service isn't available until Monday.

My order history on the goHastings website still indicates that I have made no orders.

edit: Just to clarify, I don't know why this is happening. It's clearly not widespread, I just want to make sure no one makes the same mistake I did if it does happen.

Thats strange, I just ordered without any problems about an hour and a half ago and I still was able to use the 30% off

My trust level of goHastings is pretty low at the moment. My first purchase from them was Forza Motorsport 3. They claim they shipped it on Nov 10. Never arrived. The rep apologized and said they're going to refund my account, so now I'm waiting to see the refund. Even assuming it all works out, I seriously question whether they actually shipped anything to me at all.

[quote name='Taras']My trust level of goHastings is pretty low at the moment. My first purchase from them was Forza Motorsport 3. They claim they shipped it on Nov 10. Never arrived. The rep apologized and said they're going to refund my account, so now I'm waiting to see the refund. Even assuming it all works out, I seriously question whether they actually shipped anything to me at all.[/QUOTE]
I bought something on November 11th, two blu-rays. Pineapple Express / Step Brothers. Never got them..

Shipping varies quite a bit based on where the package is coming from. I have received some packages the day after I received the shipping notice. Others have taken more than three weeks.

Got the promo code to work finally. Picked up Bioshock and Prince of Persia, both for PS3. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.

Hmmm this is odd...

:360:Rock Band 2: Special Edition - $19.99 new ($18.00 with CYBERMONDAY promo code)

The picture is the Special Edition with the instruments. The product is labeled Special Edition The website says "You Save $120". I don't know if this is a labeling error, pricing mistake, or both.

I just contacted Customer Service. If this deal is legit, I'll let you know. If it is legit, that is one fucking hell of a deal...

Good spot. I ordered it, then sent an email asking them to cancel the order if indeed it isn't for the Special Edition, saving $120.

See what happens. I bet the order gets cancelled, but worth a shot.

[quote name='Justme8800']WARNING!!

If anyone gets the error I got upon checking out ("We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at service@ goHastings.com or 877-427-8464."), do NOT, I repeat do NOT try checking out again! Despite not receiving any emails from them (either order confirmations or a response to my contact inquiry), the money was debited from my card. Now I have an empty checking account with a dozen repeated charges, and their customer service isn't available until Monday.

My order history on the goHastings website still indicates that I have made no orders.

edit: Just to clarify, I don't know why this is happening. It's clearly not widespread, I just want to make sure no one makes the same mistake I did if it does happen.[/QUOTE]

This same exact thing happened to me around end of August, and it was my first time ordering from them. I checked out twice and got charged twice. I ended up getting it all credited back, but it was a bad experience. After hesitating ordering from them for a month or two, finally made a big purchase of Blu-rays with their 30% around end of October and it went flawlessly. But yeah like said above, if you get that error, don't try to checkout again.

I'm a huge fan of hastings. Never had a problem with them besides a few canceled items (2 sealed suikoden tactics, 1 sealed front mission).

That's it. I've ordered probably 30+ PS2 games from them, got a few games with slightly questionable quality, but ALL had cover art, one or two missing manuals - if even. The one questionable quality item was Forever Kingdom. The cover was sliced with a box cutter, stained, manual ripped, disc didn't play. Emailed them, got a full refund [including shipping!]

With the 30% off deal I ordered

La Pucelle: Tactics
Jade Cocoon 2
Astonishia Story
Suikoden Tactics
Enchanted Arms
Dark Cloud

all for $38.38 SHIPPED. Pretty good deal if I say so myself. :S

In the past i've gotten the following orders as well.
Soul Nomad, hack mutation, Blade Dancer (all for $39.51)

Bards Tale, Unlimited SaGa, Eternal Ring, 2 copies of Tales of Legendia SEALED, NiGHTs for Wii (all $39.65 shipped as well)

Not bad IMO. 15 games for 120 bucks :D

[quote name='aeri']I'm a huge fan of hastings. Never had a problem with them besides a few canceled items (2 sealed suikoden tactics, 1 sealed front mission).

That's it. I've ordered probably 30+ PS2 games from them, got a few games with slightly questionable quality, but ALL had cover art, one or two missing manuals - if even. The one questionable quality item was Forever Kingdom. The cover was sliced with a box cutter, stained, manual ripped, disc didn't play. Emailed them, got a full refund [including shipping!]

With the 30% off deal I ordered

La Pucelle: Tactics
Jade Cocoon 2
Astonishia Story
Suikoden Tactics
Enchanted Arms
Dark Cloud

all for $38.38 SHIPPED. Pretty good deal if I say so myself. :S

In the past i've gotten the following orders as well.
Soul Nomad, hack mutation, Blade Dancer (all for $39.51)

Bards Tale, Unlimited SaGa, Eternal Ring, 2 copies of Tales of Legendia SEALED, NiGHTs for Wii (all $39.65 shipped as well)

Not bad IMO. 15 games for 120 bucks :D[/QUOTE]

They seem to have good used prices on their games but shipping and tax sometimes kills it for me.

Yeah GoHastings' deals aren't necessarily bad, just haven't been good enough for me to get anything from them yet. I've found EVERY SINGLE GAME I wanted from them cheaper elsewhere. No free shipping, even spending $50+, kills them. It'd help too if their site weren't so damn glitchy. And I'm not talking about when their servers were overloaded with traffic.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']MK vs DCU - $48.99 Used - That speaks for itself.
GoHastings.com can GoToHell.com.[/QUOTE]

Yeah let's single out the bad deals and ignore all the great ones :roll:

examples:

Star Wars Force Unleashed (Ultimate Sith Edition) $23.95
Dead Space - $10.77
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction: $14.36
Scribblenauts - $16
Heavenly Sword - $13
Folklore - $16
Enchanted Arms $11

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah let's single out the bad deals and ignore all the great ones :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah let's single out the good deals and ignore all the bad ones. :roll:
See I can do that too.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite psp 10 shipped complete

sucks i just picked up part 1 off this site for 5 last week

sometimes you can find some VERY GOOD DEALS

picked up

Dance Dance Revolution X ps2 COMPLETE WITH PAD for 76 cents shipped cost them 8 to ship it LOL

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Yeah let's single out the good deals and ignore all the bad ones. :roll:
See I can do that too.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee there are more better deals than bad ones, but feel free to remain ignorant. I suppose the site was hammered for no reason the other day, and the people repeatedly attempting to buy games for the last few days are just clueless?

I've added these games above, and I'll continue adding to it.

examples:

Dead Space - $10.77
Scribblenauts - $16
Heavenly Sword - $13
Folklore - $16
Enchanted Arms $11
The Orange Box -$9.57

My haul:

.hack//INFECTION - PlayStation 2 $4.33
.hack//OUTBREAK - PlayStation 2 $6.15
Bullet Witch - Xbox 360 $5.39
Chain of Memories - Trade Paper $1.99
Chaos Legion - PlayStation 2 $2.66
Clock Tower 3 - PlayStation 2 $5.92
Cy Girls - PlayStation 2 $1.67
Dead or Alive 4 - Xbox 360 $9.57
Dead or Alive Ultimate - Xbox $2.66
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Xbox 360 $4.79
Devil Kings - PlayStation 2 $3.33
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation 2 $6.91
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - PlayStation 2 $3.33
Enchanted Arms - Xbox 360 $6.91
Eureka Seven, Vol. 1: The New Wave - PlayStation 2 $3.33
Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir - PlayStation 2 $5.26
FullMetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel - PlayStation 2 $5.19
Generation of Chaos - PlayStation Portable $6.64
IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix - PlayStation 2 $3.39
Kingdom Hearts - Trade Paper $1.40
Lunar: Dragon Song - Nintendo DS $3.33
Metal Saga - PlayStation 2 $2.99
One Piece: Grand Battle - PlayStation 2 $1.33
One Piece: Pirates' Carniva - Nintendo GameCube $2.69
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Xbox $2.32
Phantasy Star Universe - PlayStation 2 $3.33
PoPoLoCrois - Playstation Portable $3.48
Red Ninja: End of Honor - PlayStation 2 $3.96
Riviera: The Promised Land - PlayStation Portable $9.31
Rumble Roses XX - Xbox 360 $7.00
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - PlayStation 2 $9.10 [FES]
Spectral Force 3 - Xbox 360 $11.37

$37.15 total for shipping... averages out to $1.16 to ship out a game.

All in all, it cost me $188.18 -- $5.88 a game.

Say what you want about my taste, but those are good deals.

[quote name='addicted2games']Whats the difference between used and previously viewed on their site?[/QUOTE]

i heard that the previously viewed ones are ones that they rent out to people,, on slick deals i heard people saying to buy used cuz they come in better condition sometimes even still closed/wrapped. viewed usually have stickers or box is diff..so thats what i heard..

[quote name='addicted2games']Whats the difference between used and previously viewed on their site?[/QUOTE]
Previously viewed is a title that had been rental stock.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']My haul:

.hack//INFECTION - PlayStation 2 $4.33
.hack//OUTBREAK - PlayStation 2 $6.15
Bullet Witch - Xbox 360 $5.39
Chain of Memories - Trade Paper $1.99
Chaos Legion - PlayStation 2 $2.66
Clock Tower 3 - PlayStation 2 $5.92
Cy Girls - PlayStation 2 $1.67
Dead or Alive 4 - Xbox 360 $9.57
Dead or Alive Ultimate - Xbox $2.66
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Xbox 360 $4.79
Devil Kings - PlayStation 2 $3.33
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation 2 $6.91
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - PlayStation 2 $3.33
Enchanted Arms - Xbox 360 $6.91
Eureka Seven, Vol. 1: The New Wave - PlayStation 2 $3.33
Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir - PlayStation 2 $5.26
FullMetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel - PlayStation 2 $5.19
Generation of Chaos - PlayStation Portable $6.64
IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix - PlayStation 2 $3.39
Kingdom Hearts - Trade Paper $1.40
Lunar: Dragon Song - Nintendo DS $3.33
Metal Saga - PlayStation 2 $2.99
One Piece: Grand Battle - PlayStation 2 $1.33
One Piece: Pirates' Carniva - Nintendo GameCube $2.69
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Xbox $2.32
Phantasy Star Universe - PlayStation 2 $3.33
PoPoLoCrois - Playstation Portable $3.48
Red Ninja: End of Honor - PlayStation 2 $3.96
Riviera: The Promised Land - PlayStation Portable $9.31
Rumble Roses XX - Xbox 360 $7.00
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - PlayStation 2 $9.10 [FES]
Spectral Force 3 - Xbox 360 $11.37

$37.15 total for shipping... averages out to $1.16 to ship out a game.

All in all, it cost me $188.18 -- $5.88 a game.

Say what you want about my taste, but those are good deals.[/QUOTE]

: ) i got my Riviera for the psp for free from a toys r us mess up (they wouldnt take it back) best of luck getting all of them to ship (if they didnt yet) I say they cancel a lot of those

I have been loving goHasting's Blu Ray sale but... wow their Game sale is a FAIL. Although so is Amazon. I looked up DiRT 2 and Wolverine on the 360 and everywhere is still $40ish. WTF.

Picked up for the 360:
Two Worlds Used 7.98
Kane &Lynch: Dead Men Used $7.18
Tomb Raider Anniversary Used $9.57
Left 4 Dead: Game of the Year Edition Used $17.95

[quote name='ssjmichael']I guarantee there are more better deals than bad ones, but feel free to remain ignorant. I suppose the site was hammered for no reason the other day, and the people repeatedly attempting to buy games for the last few days are just clueless?

I've added these games above, and I'll continue adding to it.

examples:

Dead Space - $10.77
Scribblenauts - $16
Heavenly Sword - $13
Folklore - $16
Enchanted Arms $11
The Orange Box -$9.57[/QUOTE]
See, you are talking about other people and deals when I am only talking about myself and what I am interested in, you are so awesome that you had to jump to the defense of this store for some reason when I went there, looked at games "I" am interested in and felt like the deals were bad, and here you come to the defense of GoHastings.com, posting games I couldn't care less about and for what? Then you call me ignorant because they have deals I don't care about? You are indeed an awesome person.

I'm done with you and your awesome, it's too much for me to take in, but just a little bit of advice for next time, when someone posts their opinion about something and you don't agree with it, just take a deep breath and count to 5 instead of trying to jump down their throat, ok?

I went to GoHastings, looked at games I was interested in and felt the deals sucked, ok? Thanks.

Sorry for this fiasco everyone else, I really didn't expect that small comment to escalate into anything.

I'm out!

[quote name='Justme8800']WARNING!!

edit: Just to clarify, I don't know why this is happening. It's clearly not widespread, I just want to make sure no one makes the same mistake I did if it does happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found out the hard way. Ended up ordering TWO Wii Fit boards when I only wanted one. First one errored out so I thought it never went through (so much for my assumption), so I ended up ordering a second one without realizing it. Worse yet, both shipped. Just shot them an email with my story so I'll see what they'll do.

I've been looking for an Assassin's Creed II deal for the past couple of weeks and found squat. I just scored it from the gohastings sale for 40 bucks shipped. That was my magic number. I hope it comes in good shape since it's used. We'll see.

Thanks OP!

Might I also note that if you order a NEW game from Gohastings, it might not necessarily be sealed. I have ordered 3 new games, 2 came sealed, 1 came in what looked like near mint condition, but there was a small smudge on the disc and the manual had a "thumb crease" on it. The game was only 7 bucks total (Dragon Quest Swords for Wii) and I planned on opening it anyways, so I didn't complain, but it's just a warning.

[quote name='loomis1975']Good spot. I ordered it, then sent an email asking them to cancel the order if indeed it isn't for the Special Edition, saving $120.

See what happens. I bet the order gets cancelled, but worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
Did you get any shipping notifications? Any other updates?

My e-mail to the Customer Service address still has not been answered.

Hmm...price for the special edition just changed to $99.99. Bummer.

Update on the checkout error situation:

Turns out the problem was an inconsistency with my billing address; goHastings would apply for the debit from my bank, but because my address is different, they didn't actually place the order or take the money from the bank, leaving me with a hold on that amount.

goHastings customer support, when I finally got ahold of them, was very nice about it. My bank, after a little bit of dancing, decided to just release the holds for me, and now my account looks as if nothing ever happened. All's well that ends well!

It's too bad, that was gonna be a really good deal:

:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
:psp: Harvey Birdman
:ds: Puzzle Quest Galactrix
:ds: Apollo Justice Ace Attorney

All for $33.82 shipped! I remember the price so precisely because that's what was listed on my checking account a dozen times over. :p

bread's done
Back