Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (88%)
Yesterday I went to go see 300

1 word: AMAZING

The movie was well crafted. I loved the lighting effects as they created more of a story book feel to the movie. I mean it looked like it was a comic book in movement. 300 launched off with the story of King Leonidias as a boy, then following into the famous "This is Sparta" scene. Hearing that in the theaters sent chills down my spine (Aside from hearing all the parodies on YTMND). Immediately the build up to the war came up and there was no filler plot to get in the way. The characters were well costumed and their appearence was spectacular. Not to mention the filmmakers were not afraid to show bare bodies for both women and men (Not to mention numerous sex scenes). As the war scenes started, you couldn't help but awe at the intensity of the fights. Camera angles and bullet time really created a new age effect to sword and shield combat. Normally you'd see a war movie with the typicaly angles and effects, but here its like BAM a 360 slow motion capture of a decapatation. As the movie went on, I had a smile on my face. This was exactly what I wanted to see. It exceeded my expectations. By the end of the movie I felt as though I had known the Spartans myself. And I teared up at the ending (I won't give it away). I haven't read the comic book, but I ordered it the second I got home from the movie. Hopefully its a great movie and will keep me untill seeing the movie again with my girlfriend. I must say, this is my current favorite movie, and you should all see it...more than once!

What do you guys think of the movie/comic book/historical event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back