300 Target Exclusive Bonus DVD vs Wal-Mart Video Download?

ShaneFalco

CAGiversary!
Target has a 3 disc edition of 300 with a bonus disc which they claim has 90 minutes of extras and also a video download.

does anyone know what the extras are on the bonus disc?

is it worth the money?

Wal-Mart has a bonus video download with the 2 disc special edition

what is the video download they are offering?

I am not a big fan of these store exclusives and I wish they would make the bonus disc a standard in all the editions.

I want to avoid paying $50 for the 3 disc target edition from some crooked ebay seller.

If I were buying 300, I'd go with the $34.99 Best Buy Spartan Helmet 2-Disc edition....by far more worthy than a download of the movie you just bought :)

300-DVD-1.jpg

300-DVD-Hel.jpg

Sorry about the super-large pic, it was lifted from an eBay raper (he wanted $69.99 BIN for this, needless to say, it ended without any bids...)

I was planning on getting the Blu Ray version, but I may just make the trek out to Best Buy and get that version.. but how big is the helmet? I need a better picture of it. If it's roughly half the size of a DVD case.. that's tiny

The best buy helmet exclusive looks cool but you won't be getting a third dvd

best buy is the first destination for dvds so I prefer to buy it there

will it be a hot seller or will it sit on the shelves like the Natural gift set that came out earlier this year?

I remember they did a mask and card promotion with V for Vendetta last year

I still see copies of the V for Vendetta box sets at best buy

I think this one will sell better since the movie was a bit hit. I debating if I should get the bb limited edition or get the hd dvd version. I also would like to know how big the helmet is.

[quote name='ryosnk']I think this one will sell better since the movie was a bit hit. I debating if I should get the bb limited edition or get the hd dvd version. I also would like to know how big the helmet is.[/QUOTE]

Its a big hit, but people still aren't going to shell out $35 for a mini-helmet when all they want is a dvd with the movie.

I know it's not a Video, but I bought a CD one time from Wal-Mart that had an exclusive download. The thing actually expired, not long after, and wouldn't let me play it.

if you want something with lasting effect stay away from Wal-Marts exclusive downloads

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So what's the bonus 300 DVD at Target about?[/quote]
From there ad this week:

"Target Deluxe Edition includes 300 movie download (full theatrical version) for PC or mobile device with exclusive 'Making of 300 download', and over 90 minutes of thrilling extras on a bonus disc."

Also, I was looking at RT, and it only has a 61%. I thought this was supposed to be one of the best movies of the year?

[quote name='life.exe']From there ad this week:

"Target Deluxe Edition includes 300 movie download (full theatrical version) for PC or mobile device with exclusive 'Making of 300 download', and over 90 minutes of thrilling extras on a bonus disc."

Also, I was looking at RT, and it only has a 61%. I thought this was supposed to be one of the best movies of the year?[/quote]

It is, RT sucks. IMDB has it at 8.1 with over 120,000 votes.

I woudln't be surprised if that bonus Target DVD features the same stuff the pre-release DVD that Best Buy had with the free movie ticket. I mean how much other footage can they have?

As for the BB helmet edition, when I got to my BB an hour after they opened, they only had two left, needless to say, they only had one once I was done. The helmet is pretty cool and sturdy.

[quote name='h0mi']at comic-con, BB had a $50 edition with the Immortals mask and a bag[/quote]

I wondered about that, they had a picture of it on the 300 display when I went to the store.

All the best buy store in the bay area are sold out of the 300 gift box with the mask

I checked online at one of their computers and they said the palo alto store had 6 copies

I got there and there were only two left

My Target only had 1-disc verions left, and I think I got the last Widescreen one. Demand is WAY high for this movie.

Yeah, the BB I went to today was completely sold out of the 300 set with the Spartan helmet. I settled for the 1-disc WS version (aka the lowest priced, aka it's pretty much the movie and nothing else) but they, along with the two-disc limited editions, were in short supply. Dang. :shock:

My Walmart had the uncut version of Alexander packaged with the base 300 for 20, never have seen Alexander but not a bad deal if all you wanted was the regular version neway. Could be very YMMV.

[quote name='Albinofury']My Walmart had the uncut version of Alexander packaged with the base 300 for 20, never have seen Alexander but not a bad deal if all you wanted was the regular version neway. Could be very YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Alexander? Is that the one with Rosario Dawson's naked tig'ol bitties?

[quote name='ShaneFalco']All the best buy store in the bay area are sold out of the 300 gift box with the mask

I checked online at one of their computers and they said the palo alto store had 6 copies

I got there and there were only two left[/QUOTE]

I tried to get the BluRay edition but the Best Buys & Fry's by me were completely sold out. Fry's only had 29 copies of 300 on BluRay, yet they have over 60 copies of it on HD-DVD - and yet I didn't see a single person even pick one up. Same goes for the Best Buy's, they had enough HD-DVD versions of the movie to fill a shelf, but no BluRay - sucks! Told them too.

[quote name='Albinofury']Yeh that Alexander, sounding like a better deal more and more now :)[/quote]
There is a gay sex scene...

[quote name='life.exe']From there ad this week:

QUOTE]

The making-of content does NOT come on a disc.

You need to register with Movielink.com, fork over your email and all the info to download the movie, THEN they email you the link to download the making-of.

Good luck... their proprietary download software hasn't been able to install itself successfully for me.

Damn. I thought that might be the case. The "bonus disc" is just Disc 2 of the Deluxe Edition. That ad was borderline false advertising, or at least poorly worded. At least it was the same price everywhere. I would have just bought it at Best Buy had I known. I use a Mac, so downloads almost never work on my computer for stuff like this. Plus, it would have counted towards the Summer of Entertainment deal. Oh well. Not worth the time and hassel to return and rebuy.

[quote name='toadielurks']I tried to get the BluRay edition but the Best Buys & Fry's by me were completely sold out. Fry's only had 29 copies of 300 on BluRay, yet they have over 60 copies of it on HD-DVD - and yet I didn't see a single person even pick one up. Same goes for the Best Buy's, they had enough HD-DVD versions of the movie to fill a shelf, but no BluRay - sucks! Told them too.[/quote]

Total opposite here. Plenty of BluRay but zero HDDVD

[quote name='jrt1138']Damn. I thought that might be the case. The "bonus disc" is just Disc 2 of the Deluxe Edition. That ad was borderline false advertising, or at least poorly worded. At least it was the same price everywhere. I would have just bought it at Best Buy had I known. I use a Mac, so downloads almost never work on my computer for stuff like this. Plus, it would have counted towards the Summer of Entertainment deal. Oh well. Not worth the time and hassel to return and rebuy.[/quote]

Aww fuck. fuck this shit with that damn movielink. If I wanted to DL it I would without Target. Er..stupid thing. I would return it, but I don't know where my receipt is and it might be worth more just selling it on Ebay because it has a different cover art.

The Target special edition is 2 disc and includes a free movie download (this is the one I got.) The special features are pretty good on the second disc, albeit shorter than I expected. One is about Frank Miller, one is about the writing and production, and there are the webisode production diaries. The one about the movie with actual historians is pretty interesting.

[quote name='D_Icon']So the Target Deluxe version isn't 3 disk? It says extra disk?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just 2 discs like all other 2-disc deluxe edition of 300. The "Making of 300" download is only 22 minutes long, looked like one of those HBO Behind the Scenes kind of deal.

The download was quick once you get all your Windows components updated... which took me about 2 hours, what with all the .NET Framework 1.1 and latest Media Center updates (none of which were deemed critical updates when Windows does its routine automatic updates, as most were system resource hogs). If you don't have a fairly new/powerful PC, you might not be able to watch it.

I bought it at circuit city on blu ray and got some postcard looking cardboard collectors cards. Came in a nice envelope :p

[quote name='exRounder']In regards to the Best Buy exclusive:

Let the price gouging begin.[/QUOTE]

thats what I thought, so I check ebay and to no surprise price ranges from 70-80 bucks...

bread's done
Back