30X xp for Gears of War 2

Bartboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Anyone who still hasn't maxed out in Gears 2 go here http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-villain/vote/battle-hub/index.html?battle_id=60

And vote for RAAM. Gears developers have said if RAAM wins they will change it to 30X XP for awhile more than likely a weekend but RAAM is down by less than a hundred votes so get to voting peeps :p

Also to note there is no sign up for anything required so just click link and click ram it is done by ip address so it's harder to double vote. Thanks for voting guys he's within 20 votes now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep voting we ahead by 20 voting seems to end and the end of the day today but if we keep it up and get him so far ahead we can all get our wings :p

Looks like there's a steady ~50 difference favoring RAAM now, but it's just cool that silly internet polls will actually give us something! :D

If it weren't for the XP enticement, I think Breen would be destroying Raam. I voted Raam because I wouldn't mind jumping a few levels in Gears again, but I would've voted Breen otherwise.

EPIC deserves no mention for their character, RAAM. Dr. Breen, while a shallow character in Half-Life 2, was four times EPIC's character offering. Rigging this vote by offering experience bonuses further proves the point.

I voted for Breen when I noticed this on TrueAchievements, and I voted for him again. Experience bonus, or no...

Raam is winning right now anyways, but when i clicked the link it said I voted for dr. breen, even though i hadn't clicked anything

Already voted for Breen, because he is the better choice. Offering extra XP for a game if you vote for a terrible character is a cheap tactic.

Sorry GoW lovers, and those who want 30X xp, but this is pretty sad.

[quote name='thehoweller']EPIC deserves no mention for their character, RAAM. Dr. Breen, while a shallow character in Half-Life 2, was four times EPIC's character offering. Rigging this vote by offering experience bonuses further proves the point.

I voted for Breen when I noticed this on TrueAchievements, and I voted for him again. Experience bonus, or no...[/QUOTE]
Dont be mad, cause RAAM is stylin on Breen.

I personally wouldn't wanna tangle with RAAM, he is a mean motherfucker.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Dont be mad, cause RAAM is stylin on Breen.

I personally wouldn't wanna tangle with RAAM, he is a mean motherfucker.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are joking as RAAM would be losing if it weren't for EPIC buying peoples' votes.
In fact, Breen was winning by a big margin until EPIC said they would offer a flat 30X xp if RAAM won, then votes for RAAM shot up.

They're both good for their respective games, and neither one would really work in the other game, so they're both good villains. But of course, 30x XP is win, and I still haven't gotten to 100 on Gears 2 yet, so my vote is obvious. =P

Hopefully they will continue doing x XP events up to the launch of Gears 3.

And thanks, OP!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I hope you are joking as RAAM would be losing if it weren't for EPIC buying peoples' votes.
In fact, Breen was winning by a big margin until EPIC said they would offer a flat 30X xp if RAAM won, then votes for RAAM shot up.[/QUOTE]
Thats really arrogant considering I voted for RAAM without knowing about any 30x exp, and I'm sure a lot of other people did as well.

However if Half-Life fans want to vote for Dr.Breen nobody is stopping them. IMO RAAM is a lot more badass then Dr.Breen.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Thats really arrogant considering I voted for RAAM without knowing about any 30x exp, and I'm sure a lot of other people did as well.

However if Half-Life fans want to vote for this Dr.Breen nobody is stopping them. IMO RAAM is a lot more badass then Dr.Breen.[/QUOTE]
You think it's arrogant that I stated someone would have won, when they were winning before votes were bought against them? :drool:

I'm not saying people didn't vote for RAAM when they didn't know about the extra XP, but I am saying that Breen was winning by a few thousand votes before the flat 30X xp was announced. Now RAAM is winning. What does that say?

And FYI, I have played both GoW and Half-Life 2. Both work well for their respective games. Breen is a scientist who sold out all of humanity to aliens for status, and RAAM shows his big stature off against guys who show off their big muscles.

[quote name='killer9']sure u did u didnt read the op post about the xp vefore voting uh huh[/QUOTE]
I already got my wings in Gears in the last exp event so I couldn't careless about some 30x exp right now. I voted in this bracket before the OP made this thread, so yeah I dont know where you got that from. Fact is I like RAAM a heck of a lot more then Breen.

@ Captain No, I think its arrogant of you to assume that I and a lot of other people voted for RAAM just because of some 30x exp. *Gasp* is it actually possible that people enjoy something other then Half-Life?:drool:

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']
@ Captain No, I think its arrogant of you to assume that I and a lot of other people voted for RAAM just because of some 30x exp. *Gasp* is it actually possible that people enjoy something other then Half-Life?:drool:[/QUOTE]
You obviously didn't read my post.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']You obviously didn't read mine.[/QUOTE]
No, I did, but you didn't read mine. You are saying that I assumed people voted for RAAM solely for the extra XP. I said that many people probably voted for RAAM because they like him, but that he was losing by a huge margin up until this flat 30X XP was announced, then his votes shot him up to a winning position.

In other words, people who liked him gave him a good percentage, but not a winning percentage. Those who voted for him solely for XP are those who pushed him to a winning percentage.

Next time read and don't assume.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']No, I did, but you didn't read mine. You are saying that I assumed people voted for RAAM solely for the extra XP. I said that many people probably voted for RAAM because they like him, but that he was losing by a huge margin up until this flat 30X XP was announced, then his votes shot him up to a winning position.

In other words, people who liked him gave him a good percentage, but not a winning percentage. Those who voted for him solely for XP are those who pushed him to a winning percentage.

Next time read and don't assume.[/QUOTE]
I'm not assuming anything, but I find it funny that Half-Life fans can't even band together and overcome this, but rather piss and moan about it.

I for one am really enjoying this and hoping that RAAM goes on to win the rest of the competition.:bouncy:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I'm not saying people didn't vote for RAAM when they didn't know about the extra XP, but I am saying that Breen was winning by a few thousand votes before the flat 30X xp was announced. Now RAAM is winning. What does that say?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='JohnBoy1280']@ Captain No, I think its arrogant of you to assume that I and a lot of other people voted for RAAM just because of some 30x exp. *Gasp* is it actually possible that people enjoy something other then Half-Life?:drool:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Captain Urahara']No, I did, but you didn't read mine. You are saying that I assumed people voted for RAAM solely for the extra XP. I said that many people probably voted for RAAM because they like him, but that he was losing by a huge margin up until this flat 30X XP was announced, then his votes shot him up to a winning position.

Next time read and don't assume.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']I'm not assuming anything[/QUOTE]

Rigggghhhhhhhtttttt. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Listen, it's not Half Life 2 fans Vs Gears of War fans. In truth; I enjoyed GoW's campaign more than Half Life 2, but RAAM is a terrible villain, while Breen is extremely well scripted.

RAAM just doesn't deserve to win.

1 question!!! Do you have to have all the map-packs to play online now?? tried to get on & play some matches labor day weekend . . . could never join a match :cry:

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Thank God, Breen won by 779.

I thought gamers forgot what makes a good villain.[/QUOTE]
Its not over yet, RAAM was in the lead today for a while, he could make a comeback.

@ Captain I have nothing more to say to you, case closed.

[quote name='hustletron']MAn hes down some 800 votes. I'm so close to 100 in gears too. I could get to 100 in a weekend for sure.[/QUOTE]
What level are you?

[quote name='Gears24']What level are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm 83 and 1/4 to 84, I got from like low 70s to 83 in the labor day event, not to brag but I'm pretty good so I was getting a lot of XP, like 60k + a game.

I cringe everytime I play a game and get like 5k or 6k points and only get 2k XP in annex. Such bullshit.

I want this 30 x multiplier so I can get back to rank 50 after being reset twice this month. Need to be 50 so I can finish Nowhere Horde Map.

Contest is still going on not sure for how much longer RAAM is down again by about 200 votes so if you haven't voted please do we all need another 30X XP weekend

bread's done
Back