($32.98 for both!) Order Monsters Inc. BD AND UP BD (same order) and save $10

Nice. I had made a combined order with these two about a week ago, and then canceled it to make two single orders.

Now, I just canceled the two separate orders for one new combined order.

I think Amazon must be :wall: with me about these orders.

Oddly enough, it's not taking $5 off each movie, it took $10 off Monsters, Inc, so it was $18.49 net after the orders.

Man, this is a nice incentive, but I don't want Monsters, Inc. that much. I'll probably stick to my single Up preorder. Glad Pixar fans will get a deal though.

I had already pre-ordered both of these in my Gold Box in the summer, so I e-mailed Amazon. They took $10 off my order of Up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice. I had made a combined order with these two about a week ago, and then canceled it to make two single orders.

Now, I just canceled the two separate orders for one new combined order.

I think Amazon must be :wall: with me about these orders.

Oddly enough, it's not taking $5 off each movie, it took $10 off Monsters, Inc, so it was $18.49 net after the orders.[/QUOTE]

ok... it's gotta be said I think....

so what happens if you cancel Up from the order???

[quote name='Afflicted']ok... it's gotta be said I think....

so what happens if you cancel Up from the order???[/QUOTE]Real easy. It'll remove the $10 discount from Monsters, Inc., and will warn you as such before you cancel Up.

It's a bundle savings, so when you cancel one item out of the bundle, the discount disappears. This happened when I canceled Fallout 3 GOTY from the bundle I had with the CE guide in the same order. I was warned about the discount disappearing, and it did disappear off the guide's sub-order.

The only way you could get away with this is to have two separate orders and have Amazon manually price adjust the one you wanted and then cancel the other one.

definitely cancelled my Up Solo order as I was also ordering Monsters Inc as well. I'm wondering if this promotion will act like a gold box discount....if the price goes down....will the price on this (promotion applied) order go down...or will i have to send a message to them to adjust later....(i'm obviously ahead of myself on this deal)

I'm going to go ahead and pre-order, on the chance that the prices on both drop before they are released. If not, I'll probably cancel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jumped on this, as it has potential to be an even better deal as it gets closer to the ship date. The $10 off is for purchasing both items together, it doesn't conflict with any extra $$ Amazon takes off for their pre-order pricing guarantee. Every Disney Blu-ray so far has dropped right before shipping, so I'm expecting these to follow suit as well.

Ordered mostly because I'm hoping both of these go down to $19.99. $10 off is nice but when the prices are ridiculous ($27.99 & $28.49) for the Blu-ray it kind of sucks. I hope these prices don't stay like this, mostly because Disney is pretty good about keeping their Blu-ray prices down.

Disney BDs have been cheap, but Pixar has been a completely different animal. DIsney seems to hold those to a higher standard at release. Here's hoping though

[quote name='jacknicklson']Disney BDs have been cheap, but Pixar has been a completely different animal. DIsney seems to hold those to a higher standard at release. Here's hoping though[/QUOTE]

True, but Wall-E dropped in price many times, to as low as $14.99 (maybe lower) for the 2-disc... these will drop, no doubt.

[quote name='zenintrude']True, but Wall-E dropped in price many times, to as low as $14.99 (maybe lower) for the 2-disc... these will drop, no doubt.[/QUOTE]

Thats what i am hoping for too, i could wait on this.

Damn, want to bite on this deal, but already put down my 7.50 for the steelbook for UP. 10 off both of these or 7.50 off up, gonna have to find a good solo deal on Monsters. Sucks even worse cause I love Pixar flicks and I actually liked monsters Inc.

[quote name='tankass']Damn, want to bite on this deal, but already put down my 7.50 for the steelbook for UP. 10 off both of these or 7.50 off up, gonna have to find a good solo deal on Monsters. Sucks even worse cause I love Pixar flicks and I actually liked monsters Inc.[/QUOTE]

you can go to best buy and cancel your preorder after the movie comes out and keep the steelbook, im pretty sure.

The Snow White Steelbook rang up at 0.00, so they may have let you keep it (my store let me keep it, though I, uh...work there part time). I had the Steelbook sent to me via the free shiping, and selected store pickup for SW. I went in and returned it after placing a 9.99 order at Amazon.
This time, it looks like they may try to combat this. I can't exactly place it, but it looks different on the website this time around with Up (though it does zero out at checkout). Hell, when I e-mailed them about returning SW they said I could and simply keep the Steelbook for 14.99! WTF?
Bottom line. Good luck. This Disney stuff is maddening....I'm going to wait them out. SW was a pain in the ass.

Yes, seems to be dead, since it hasn't come back yet.

For anyone that did pre-order it with this bundle, the price on Monsters, Inc. dropped from $28.49 to $26.99. Walmart must have dropped it to something higher than $26.99 to get Amazon to drop it down to that point. Of course, Walmart drops their price to $26.82 to one-up Amazon.

UP is still $27.99, though Walmart.com has it for $26.32 right now, so don't be surprised if Amazon drops the price to $25.99 to "beat" it.

Hopefully, the price wars will continue for a couple more weeks and we end up with both movies at $24.99 or less on release.

Looks like a bit of "give and take and give back" strategy by Amazon.
And it's likely to work.
Kind of hard to pass on the deal, when they are 4 disc packs.

Thanks, I ordered just in case the prices fall more. Can also cancel if a better deal comes along, but Amazon has been really competitive lately, so we'll see.

I had Up pre ordered when it hit my gold box and got Monsters Inc on gold box two days ago. I emailed them today asking for the promo but was given a 10 dollar credit off a future purchase. :)

[quote name='postulio']you can go to best buy and cancel your preorder after the movie comes out and keep the steelbook, im pretty sure.[/QUOTE]
I did this with Snow White, but I think this time they made it so that its a package deal on the receipt. So if you return the preorder you have to return the steelbook too :cry:

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I'd be on this if I didn't expect Monsters Inc to be sub $20 when it finally comes out. I'm looking at YOU TRU.[/QUOTE]If it's $5 or more cheaper at TRU than Amazon, then you should switch to getting it there if you were planning on getting both.

As tempting as this is, part of me wants to wait until Amazon's Black Friday sale. Last year they had Wall-E blu-ray for 20, so there is precedence.

I jumped all over this deal as soon as I found out about it. I should note though I expect amazon's price for UP to go down to at least $25.99 if not lower. I say this because my local FYE (of all places) was advertising UP for $25.99 (cheapest B&M price I've seen so far).

[quote name='shrike4242']If it's $5 or more cheaper at TRU than Amazon, then you should switch to getting it there if you were planning on getting both.[/QUOTE]

Right. I pre-ordered anyway. Just to be safe. Can always cancel.

I ordered two seperately and they combined my order and gave me the discount. When I ordered Monsters originally a random "Snow White Thanks" was applied to the order for an extra $10 off. I guess its something to do with my snow white blu ray purchase. So my total for 2 combined is under $25. I expect the prices to drop lower on both titles closer to release.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Right. I pre-ordered anyway. Just to be safe. Can always cancel.[/QUOTE]I'd be careful about pre-ordering and thinking about canceling. They both have free release-date delivery with two-day shipping, so if you have Prime, they'll probably be shipping out on either Thursday, 11/05 or Friday, 11/06. For FSSS, they won't be shipping until the 10th.

Just something to keep in mind, though we should have an idea of all the major players' prices by Wednesday or Thursday of the week before.

In recent times, I've found it is really not a hassle if something ships that you decide you don't want. I had Witch Mountain pre-ordered and it sent out when Disney put out a $10 coupon. All I did was leave the package sealed, bring it back to UPS and it was returned and refunded within a week and I got the cheaper price at Best Buy. I've done it on a few discs now. Not the quickest process, but definitely easy for ensuring you are getting the best price.

Amazon has been known to "look into" and possibly cancel accounts that return shipments frequently, I wouldn't use it regularly, but that's me.

Went ahead and preordered for 43.63 since monsters inc. was in my gold box. Going to watch for prices or coupons and possible cancel though.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Amazon has been known to "look into" and possibly cancel accounts that return shipments frequently, I wouldn't use it regularly, but that's me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm sure Amazon is thrilled to eat 2-3 dollars of shipping costs, plus having to handle the ship/return every few weeks because dvdactive wants to save a few dollars at Best Buy.
;)

bread's done
Back