($32.98 for both!) Order Monsters Inc. BD AND UP BD (same order) and save $10

Tempted to go with Amazon but it's still only a few bucks cheaper than BB. So I'll probably stick with BB especially if an UP coupon comes out (although I don't know if BB will let me stack mfr coupons)

sent them an email last night.
The responded this morning, acknowledging my movies had dropped in price.
However, they didn't bother adjusting my order for me.
Guess I'll have to cancel the order and replace the order (if they haven't corrected it by tonight).

Not sure if you've guys noticed this. But on disneymovierewards if you enter the UPC of your Monsters Inc DVD or VHS you get a $8 manufacturers coupon as well.

Well I ended up going witht the Amazon deal once they added the $10.00 off code so I got Up, Monsters Inc., and Sleeping Beauty for a total of $44.00 shipped. I just hope I didnt screw myself out of a better deal at TRU if thet end up having a "Up" coupon.

P.S.
If I ordered today from Amazon did I just screw myself out of being able to get that $4.00 pasta and a movie rebate since my receipt for up is dated before 11/10/09?

http://www.pastaandamovie.com/

[quote name='ajh2298']Well I ended up going witht the Amazon deal once they added the $10.00 off code so I got Up, Monsters Inc., and Sleeping Beauty for a total of $44.00 shipped. I just hope I didnt screw myself out of a better deal at TRU if thet end up having a "Up" coupon.

P.S.
If I ordered today from Amazon did I just screw myself out of being able to get that $4.00 pasta and a movie rebate since my receipt for up is dated before 11/10/09?

http://www.pastaandamovie.com/[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I got the pasta rebate from ordering Bolt through an online retailer and I believe it was Ronzoni for that promotion too. Seeing Amazon doesn't bill until it ships, technically the purchase wouldn't be considered complete until the correct date.

I emailed Amazon to adjust the price on Monsters Inc, Up, Harry Potter and Terminator on my order. All they did was send me back an email saying don't worry, that's what I'll be charged, but never changed the price on my orders... WTF

[quote name='MrDubbs']I emailed Amazon to adjust the price on Monsters Inc, Up, Harry Potter and Terminator on my order. All they did was send me back an email saying don't worry, that's what I'll be charged, but never changed the price on my orders... WTF[/QUOTE]
That's an unacceptable response, I'd email them again, or have them call you.

I did email them back, they've yet to respond. I always hate calling, because I end up with someone foreign who has the thickest accent, and I can never really understand what's being said.

I had to place a new order because during the previous drop, my $10 off disappeared and when the CSR adjusted the price, he took $10 off the $24.xx price of Monsters Inc. Needless to say it's not auto-adjusting anymore. I lost my Gold Box but it was only $1.15 off. I'm starting to lean towards BB since it would less out of pocket at the time of purchase after the deposit and manuf. coupon (hopefully they'll take it).

[quote name='nightmare452']Ordered Monsters Inc, Up and Bolt for $47 shipped. Nice combo savings.[/QUOTE]

same here! i cancelled my existing order and placed a new one with bolt! awesome deal!

I think I'm going to cancel my order and put in one for Up, Monsters, and Miracle. Bummer they don't have Bugs Life on there.

I emailed them as well asking for the adjustment since my original total was 37.48.

This is what I received in my email:
-----------------------------------------------
Hello,

I've checked your order, and the current Amazon.com price for the item "Up (4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) Blu-ray" is $19.99. Because this item is eligible for Pre-Order Price Guarantee, when the item is released and shipped, you will be charged either $19.99 or, if the price decreases between now and the release date, the lowest price.

If the Amazon.com price should increase between now and the release date, you will still be charged $19.99.

The actual price you are charged will be displayed in the shipment confirmation e-mail you receive as well as in Your Account.

I hope I've been able to address your concerns. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com--your business is important to us.
I noticed they said nothing about Monster's Inc., which I also asked about and is clearly part of this deal.

I'm tempted to just cancel and reorder to make sure I get the deal, but since both movies had the "Pre-order Price Guarantee" on their pages, wouldn't I get the updated prices?

I've cancelled and re-ordered about five times now. I was looking for Snow White as a Christmas gift for my niece, got it along w/Up and Monsters Inc. for $42.97. I love Amazon...

[quote name='djblaze805']I emailed them as well asking for the adjustment since my original total was 37.48.

This is what I received in my email:
Hello,

I've checked your order, and the current Amazon.com price for the item "Up (4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) Blu-ray" is $19.99. Because this item is eligible for Pre-Order Price Guarantee, when the item is released and shipped, you will be charged either $19.99 or, if the price decreases between now and the release date, the lowest price.

If the Amazon.com price should increase between now and the release date, you will still be charged $19.99.

The actual price you are charged will be displayed in the shipment confirmation e-mail you receive as well as in Your Account.

I hope I've been able to address your concerns. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com--your business is important to us.
I noticed they said nothing about Monster's Inc., which I also asked about and is clearly part of this deal.

I'm tempted to just cancel and reorder to make sure I get the deal, but since both movies had the "Pre-order Price Guarantee" on their pages, wouldn't I get the updated prices?[/QUOTE]

Cancel and re-order, or keep an eagle-eye on your account until the end of the day on release. I've had about a 50/50 success rate with the pre-order price guarantee actually working correctly. Sometimes it does (and sometimes the email telling me they dropped the price doesn't come for a day or two!) and sometimes nothing comes. And it's usually trickier to convince them to give you a refund after the fact because they seem entirely unaware of the pre-order price guarantee policy and make a stink that they don't do price adjustments after items shipped (even if you're clear that you're talking a price in effect on the day of release or earlier).

The incredibly flakiness of this policy is the ONE major complaint I have about Amazon. I'm glad they have it -- or else I'd NEVER pre-order as their prices almost always seem to go down towards the end of the day release day -- but they need to make it work 100% of the time and it doesn't seem like it'd be this hard to make it work.

That's the same type of email I got from them as well, they've since adjusted my Harry Potter, Terminator order but my Up and Monster Inc order remains the same

[quote name='djblaze805']I noticed they said nothing about Monster's Inc., which I also asked about and is clearly part of this deal.

I'm tempted to just cancel and reorder to make sure I get the deal, but since both movies had the "Pre-order Price Guarantee" on their pages, wouldn't I get the updated prices?[/QUOTE]Yes, you should get the updated prices. I've received that message from them when asking them to change the price on an order, and if I get it, I just send them another email.

At this point, if you can find a movie from the "extra" list that works with the $10 off coupon when buying Up, you'll stack both promotions and get another movie for cheap-ish.

[quote name='Justin42']Cancel and re-order, or keep an eagle-eye on your account until the end of the day on release. I've had about a 50/50 success rate with the pre-order price guarantee actually working correctly. Sometimes it does (and sometimes the email telling me they dropped the price doesn't come for a day or two!) and sometimes nothing comes. And it's usually trickier to convince them to give you a refund after the fact because they seem entirely unaware of the pre-order price guarantee policy and make a stink that they don't do price adjustments after items shipped (even if you're clear that you're talking a price in effect on the day of release or earlier).

The incredibly flakiness of this policy is the ONE major complaint I have about Amazon. I'm glad they have it -- or else I'd NEVER pre-order as their prices almost always seem to go down towards the end of the day release day -- but they need to make it work 100% of the time and it doesn't seem like it'd be this hard to make it work.[/QUOTE]I've had the same problems with the pre-order price guarantee working correctly in an automatic fashion, and when I've emailed in the past about it, I've had them get in arguments with me about the policy not being applicable if the price changes on release day if they've already shipped it out. The policy clearly states that the item is lower in price by 11:59PM PT on the day of release, I'm supposed to automatically get the lower price. It make no mention of the item shipping out or not, and in most cases with Release Date Delivery, I'd have it in-hand on the date of release anyway.

I've gotten into a policy with emailing them for any prices changes, especially when it's been their price matching/competition with WM, BB or someone else. Those prices have gone down and up and down again sometimes, and with my luck, I end up getting stiffed when something doesn't quite work correctly.

Like you, I wish it worked 100% of the time, completely automatically. I've also seen about a 50%-ish success ratio with the automatic adjustments by the time of release, so that's why I back up the order with emails.

My order finally dropped to $32.98. Now I just have to debate cancelling it and picking up another movie with it... decisions... decisions...

[quote name='shrike4242']
I've had the same problems with the pre-order price guarantee working correctly in an automatic fashion, and when I've emailed in the past about it, I've had them get in arguments with me about the policy not being applicable if the price changes on release day if they've already shipped it out. The policy clearly states that the item is lower in price by 11:59PM PT on the day of release, I'm supposed to automatically get the lower price. It make no mention of the item shipping out or not, and in most cases with Release Date Delivery, I'd have it in-hand on the date of release anyway.

I've gotten into a policy with emailing them for any prices changes, especially when it's been their price matching/competition with WM, BB or someone else. Those prices have gone down and up and down again sometimes, and with my luck, I end up getting stiffed when something doesn't quite work correctly.

Like you, I wish it worked 100% of the time, completely automatically. I've also seen about a 50%-ish success ratio with the automatic adjustments by the time of release, so that's why I back up the order with emails.[/QUOTE]
I highly recommend http://camelcamelcamel.com for tracking Amazon prices. I've had similar issues with the pre-order price guarantee not always working automatically. I think I'm going to create an account over on camel^3 and use it to track price drops so I can call Amazon on it more reliably.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Not sure if you've guys noticed this. But on disneymovierewards if you enter the UPC of your Monsters Inc DVD or VHS you get a $8 manufacturers coupon as well.[/QUOTE]

Probably a stupid question but I like to double check these things... coupon usable on amazon?

[quote name='souleman96']Probably a stupid question but I like to double check these things... coupon usable on amazon?[/QUOTE]

Nope

Thanks. Just cancelled my original pre order of UP and purchased UP and monsters together. I ended up paying the same price as my UP preorder.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the $10 off Up and Monsters Inc deal can be combined with another Amazon Disney Blu Ray $10 off deal for a total of $20 off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1&docId=1000448181&plpage=1&tag=bluraynews-20

For example, Up, Monsters Inc, and Sleeping Beauty would be $43.97 ($14.99 each).

Items: $63.97 Shipping & Handling: $4.96 Best Value Savings: -$10.00 Super Saver Discount: -$4.96 Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00 Promotion Applied: -$0.00 Promotion Applied: -$10.00
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif
Total Before Tax: $43.97 Estimated Tax: $0.00

bread's done
Back