320 gb ps3 uncharted 3 bundle 269.99 Sony Store

Is new ps3 slim hardware quiet? I have and old launch 60 gb ps3 which I sent for hardware repair and still, a fan noise starts kicking in about 5 mins. Now, I have bought new 360 250gb and I must tell you that is awesomely quiet. I install all games of course but I wondering; is the new ps3 slim quiet when even playing for extended period of time?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Is new ps3 slim hardware quiet? I have and old launch 60 gb ps3 which I sent for hardware repair and still, a fan noise starts kicking in about 5 mins. Now, I have bought new 360 250gb and I must tell you that is awesomely quiet. I install all games of course but I wondering; is the new ps3 slim quiet when even playing for extended period of time?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's quiet.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Is new ps3 slim hardware quiet? I have and old launch 60 gb ps3 which I sent for hardware repair and still, a fan noise starts kicking in about 5 mins. Now, I have bought new 360 250gb and I must tell you that is awesomely quiet. I install all games of course but I wondering; is the new ps3 slim quiet when even playing for extended period of time?[/QUOTE]

My launch 60GB eventually got to the point where it sounded like a plane taking off when the fan kicked in. I picked up a slim last year and the fan is whisper quiet. If you ever play a game that constantly streams data from the disc as you play then you can hear the optic mechanics jumping back and forth repeatedly. That can be a little distracting if you're sitting a few feet away from the system as you play.

bread's done
Back