320gb 2.5" Hdd 49.99

i would only order this if you are perfectly comfortable paying the asking price ($69.99) considering the reliability of CompUsa / Tiger Direct rebates.

I haven't even filled 1/10 of the open space on my 80GB HDD.

Will keep this bad boy in mind for my laptop, though. Thanks for pointing it out.

[quote name='gamerjuice']I hate rebates, it takes ages to receive them, by the time you receive the rebate check the price has dropped significantly and there is no point for the rebate.[/quote]

Hmmm, there's a bit of a problem with your logic. If you buy a product now, at say, $100, and there's a $50 rebate, you actually get to use the product, now. Then, down the road, you get your rebate, and you essentially paid $50 for it. If you wait for the item to drop to $50, you're still paying the $50, but you don't actually get to use it for that period of time. Either way, you're paying $50. The rebate never becomes pointless.

Anyway, as much as rebates stink, just remember to keep up on them. Retain copies of everything.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They are. Systemax bought the rights to the CompUSA brand after they folded.[/quote]

And the rebate company that Tigerdirect "outsources" most of their rebates to is about 10 cubicles over from the salespeople at their corporate headquarters. I remember during sales training one of the managers came in, got friendly with us and told us that they deny x% of all rebates, properly filled out or not, to cut a profit. (I have no clue how they don't get sued for that crap, I felt dirty working there) :bomb:

[quote name='Neotribal']And the rebate company that Tigerdirect "outsources" most of their rebates to is about 10 cubicles over from the salespeople at their corporate headquarters. I remember during sales training one of the managers came in, got friendly with us and told us that they deny x% of all rebates, properly filled out or not, to cut a profit. (I have no clue how they don't get sued for that crap, I felt dirty working there) :bomb:[/quote]

Absolutely. It's sad, but it's true. They will automatically deny certain ones for no reason. I've had plenty come back to me, claiming I had not purchased the right item or that the time period had past. They figure most people will just not open the mail or give up. Not me. And I always get my rebates back.

The rebate is a HITACHI REBATE. Not Tigerdirect/Compusa rebate. Yes there is a difference.

I wouldn't call this a hot deal at all considering all the negative comments I've read about people not getting there rebates since November last year, which is plenty of time by now to receive the rebate or have it shipped. Before Nov. people got their rebates, but after Nov. is another story. That's when it seems like rebateHQ started to go down hill and never sent out any rebates since then.

Just an FYI for people to know. I haven't found one positive comment about Hitachi rebates since November and I know someone at slickdeals would say something good about it if they got it.

I can echo the negative comments on Hitachi rebates. I was going to buy this drive but threads on Fatwallet and Slickdeals are full of people that are being stonewalled for rebates from last year. Only buy this drive if you're comfortable paying $70 for it.

Also, it's only a matter of time before some idiot chimes in about it being 7200 rpm and it will fry your PS3. Ignore the fool and research it yourself and you'll see that 7200 rpm drives are perfectly safe to use in a PS3.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hmmm, there's a bit of a problem with your logic. If you buy a product now, at say, $100, and there's a $50 rebate, you actually get to use the product, now. Then, down the road, you get your rebate, and you essentially paid $50 for it. If you wait for the item to drop to $50, you're still paying the $50, but you don't actually get to use it for that period of time. Either way, you're paying $50. The rebate never becomes pointless.

Anyway, as much as rebates stink, just remember to keep up on them. Retain copies of everything.[/quote]

Actually you're NOT payin fifty dollars... you're paying SEVENTY dollars... and the rebate becomes pointless when you mail it off and they don't actually send you anything.

Or it becomes pointless by the time you could've gained the extra twenty bucks as interest sitting in the bank. (Which is what *they* do with it.)

[quote name='rainless']Actually you're NOT payin fifty dollars... you're paying SEVENTY dollars... and the rebate becomes pointless when you mail it off and they don't actually send you anything.

Or it becomes pointless by the time you could've gained the extra twenty bucks as interest sitting in the bank. (Which is what *they* do with it.)[/quote]

:roll: Where do people like you come from exactly? I just need to know, so that I never vacation there.

this seems like a decent deal... i personally don't need need this as of yet... I am probably going to wait for a 500 gb HD for 70ish...

bread's done
Back