320GB 5400RPM 2.5" Seagate Momentus Hard-Drive $50 shipped!

yep, same here. but I just got my PS3 with the 160gb HD, and I still have 150gb left, lol, so I dont need any for now. but figured maybe some people would be interested in it.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Hard to resist. I've been meaning to upgrade my hdd on the ps3. I wonder how much a 500gig is...[/QUOTE]

probably 25-50 dollars more, depends on the brand, and where you get it from.
But I would recommend because Newegg is known for their great service, both costumer service and their shipping, which is super fast. If you order it today you might get it by saturday because they ship with ups, and it depends if ups works in your area on saturday{at least the truck deliveries}.
320gb is a big storage, so I would get it if I was you.
hope this helped.

Actually this drive seems to have bad reviews, but regardless that is a great price for this. I also posted another combo deal which is about $12 more but you get a more reliable drive (WD Scorpion Blue 320GB) and a 2.5" External HDD enclosure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817816001

It also has free 2 days shipping =D! I just ordered that combo instead of the Seagate. With $12 more I get a much more reliable drive and an external enclosure to use my old 40gb HDD =D

Oh and I totally agree with the guy above. Newegg is the best when it comes to Computer parts. Their shipping is extremely fast and most of the time free. And their customer service is amazing. And if you order today the latest you would get it is on Monday for sure. Can't wait to finally not have to delete stuff of my PS3 to get new stuff T.T (lol stock 40gb)

Great deal. I was about to order this drive earlier in the week. I should be set on my PS3 for a while now.

Thanks OP

[quote name='luan87us']Actually this drive seems to have bad reviews, but regardless that is a great price for this. I also posted another combo deal which is about $12 more but you get a more reliable drive (WD Scorpion Blue 320GB) and a 2.5" External HDD enclosure.

It also has free 2 days shipping =D! I just ordered that combo instead of the Seagate. With $12 more I get a much more reliable drive and an external enclosure to use my old 40gb HDD =D

Oh and I totally agree with the guy above. Newegg is the best when it comes to Computer parts. Their shipping is extremely fast and most of the time free. And their customer service is amazing. And if you order today the latest you would get it is on Monday for sure. Can't wait to finally not have to delete stuff of my PS3 to get new stuff T.T (lol stock 40gb)[/QUOTE]

Actually, it has 1 review.. and the guy who reviewed doesn't even own the HD. He says so in first sentence of the "cons" part.

[quote name='luan87us']Actually this drive seems to have bad reviews, but regardless that is a great price for this. I also posted another combo deal which is about $12 more but you get a more reliable drive (WD Scorpion Blue 320GB) and a 2.5" External HDD enclosure.

Oh and I totally agree with the guy above. Newegg is the best when it comes to Computer parts. Their shipping is extremely fast and most of the time free. And their customer service is amazing. And if you order today the latest you would get it is on Monday for sure. Can't wait to finally not have to delete stuff of my PS3 to get new stuff T.T (lol stock 40gb)[/QUOTE]

Well like the other guy said, it only has 1 bad review.
If you want a more reliable review, and your about reliability right? lol
then go to this website: http://www.silentpcreview.com/500gb_laptop_drives
They do the comparison side by side by the one that you suggested which and mine, and it seems that Seagate gets win by a bit.
Dont get me wrong both are pretty good hard-drive, but your not losing or getting a bad product for 50 dollars. and yes, its 10 dollars cheaper, but really, your not going to find a better deal than this as of right now if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ddemaree07']if i remember correctly the seagate 500gb, 7200rpm 32mb cache is only 109.[/QUOTE]

7200rpm is not recommended for the PS3 at all, no matter what is the brand of the hard-drive.

I have done some googling about the drive. I did not base my thought on that one review from a guy that doesn't even own the drive. If you read around this drive doesn't seen to be as quality as it advertised. But regardless it is cheap.

[quote name='luan87us']I have done some googling about the drive. I did not base my thought on that one review from a guy that doesn't even own the drive. If you read around this drive doesn't seen to be as quality as it advertised. But regardless it is cheap.[/QUOTE]

Here is a review of the 500gb model of the same hard-drive:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/500gb_laptop_drives

I dont see anything that bad about this hard-drive.

and here is a quote from this guy:

"As an audio designer - I own more than 10 seagates and 7 western digital drives.

0 seagate failures
2 wd failures

seagate runs quieter, cooler
wd runs louder, hotter

This is also the experience when many in my line of work. I only buy Seagates now, lol. Not one problem. Use them for all of my storage, gaming rigs, etc. One of my friends is a network admin for the RR... He managed to replace all HDD's in their NAS collection with Seagates... as each WD failed - a Seagate went in, lol.

Of course, this is just my experience and the experience of a heck of a good network admin. After switching to Seagate - never looking back."

He even says exactly what they say in the review, it runs cooler, and quiter!

Any way, im not going to try convince people in here.
You want it : buy it, you dont want it, dont buy it. Simple As that.

Do these fit in macbooks and macbook pros?

[quote name='jpw21683']Deal is dead, showing $64.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

People probably bought it yesterday when I put this ad, and I guess newegg didnt expect so many buys in one day, so they raised the price.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']People probably bought it yesterday when I put this ad, and I guess newegg didnt expect so many buys in one day, so they raised the price.[/QUOTE]

No?

It was a shell shocker deal from them, which is only available for 24 hours or less.

bread's done
Back