32GB Ipod Touch sale

[quote name='Steggy']whats the differences between 3g and 2g?[/QUOTE]

The 3rd gen includes the 3.1 software update with copy/paste and other features. Otherwise the update costs like $10.

Quick question, I'm looking to get one of these but I was wondering if the extra service plan was worth it? I was looking at this, or is there something else you guys could recommend? Thanks

damn, the price just went up to $287.97 :(

i'm just waiting for my GC for amazon so that I can get it.. hopefully it doesn't go up again before then :/

[quote name='jenksalot']My understanding is the 3rd gen has a faster processor, kinda like the iphone 3g vs 3gs.
3fWwqrYHS.gif
[/QUOTE]

This was my understanding also?

[quote name='raybert']any case recommendations? something slim and black.[/QUOTE]

While we're on the subject of cases, anyone know if 2g cases would fit 3g ipod touchs'? Cuz a couple of stores like target are clearancing out some.

Oddly enough, if you search for the Zune HD and go to the second page of search items, the iPod touch 32GB is at the top. I guess Amazon is really trying to make money since the idiots of the store who are selling the Zune HD on amazon now are selling it for $600. Dumb shits.

Just came across this at Amazon, and I'm really close to placing an order since iPod's rarely go on sale it seems. I've been having a tough time deciding between the Touch and the Zune HD, but apps, games, and a better web browser would make it so that I don't have to carry around my big ass laptop, so I think I'm really close to buying it. Then again, a sports talk radio station I listen to throughout the day has an HD signal, so the Zune HD is exactly what I want there. I have plenty of music right now though, so I don't think I would be using the Zune Pass (I've only done trials and a month here and there for the 3 years that I've had my Zune 30). Tough decision.

EDIT- Ordered it. I've been hyped about the Zune HD for months now, but the Touch is honestly a better product, and it's cheaper at the moment. No tax and free 2 day shipping along with the $20 off made it so that I couldn't resist it. There's a good chance I'll get a Zune HD if I see it for around $150, but I'll just stick with the Zune 30 for the gym (FM radio), mowing, etc. The iPod Touch is definitely what I need at school though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcgavin27']Any idea how long it will be on sale? I recently sent in a trade in and am waiting on it to process to get the gift card.[/QUOTE]They didn't mention it in the email about iPods I received, and it's doubtful anybody knows. The price has been moving up and down for the past week or so, and it will probably be doing that for awhile. You've gotta wait anyways, so just check back until you get the right price.

Searching for lists of the best free games or very cheap games available for the Touch if anybody has any links they want to throw out.

Guess its worth this price, time for me to bite.

EDIT: Could someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a cheap screen protector (if I need one) and case?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the iskin "vibes" protector in black, and it's not bad I guess. It doesn't fit over the bottom of the Ipod as well as it should; it slightly covers the headphone and bottom ports, but just slightly, nothing that makes it unusable.

Pretty sure it's just the new firmware and a slighty better processor (for speeds like on the iPhone 3GS)... I hope to get one soon ;)

VVV

I upgraded from a 1G 8GB iPod touch to a 3G 32GB iPod touch and the difference is amazing. Everything runs so much quicker. I'm glad I upgraded.

im thinking of finally getting the ipod touch from amazon but how exactly will the warranty on the product be if it messes up? where or who would i contact for repairs? might be a dumb question because i haven't had an apple product ever :cry:. will the applestore fix my product if it messes up even if i bought it from amazon. again sorry for the dumb question but i had to know this before jumping the gun :p thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back