32GB Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Game Console ~ $300 After Promo Code (TigerDirect)

TheGamingGuy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Apologies in advance if this was posted already. I used the search feature and didn't any posts about it, and thought some may be interested. Credit goes to hjcruzer on SlickDeals.

Tigerdirect.com has the 32GB Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Game Console for $349. Then you can use coupon code NXL90940 to take $60 off. Shipping is usually around $8 or so, and some may have taxes (which is why I put approx. $300).

Click Here for the Link.

Hope this helps those that may be interested. Take care all. :)

They also sell a Deluxe set that shows a box for $360. So, can anyone confirm what you get for the $349 model? Do you get Nintendo Land game as well as the stand and charging cradle for the tablet?

I haven't shopped with tigerdirect for a while now, but can anyone tell me why so many items have multiple prices? Just on the link I see 2 Assassins Creed 3's and 2 Nintendolands both for different prices.

Bah, I don't know what's wrong, but I'm missing where you enter in the coupon code. Anyone know what screen it's on?

[quote name='NeoTrunks']They also sell a Deluxe set that shows a box for $360. So, can anyone confirm what you get for the $349 model? Do you get Nintendo Land game as well as the stand and charging cradle for the tablet?[/QUOTE]

On the other forums, it's been confirmed that you don't get Nintendo Land.

Nothing in the description mentions the stand or charging cradle so I would assume you don't get those either.

They have the typical Nintendo land bundle priced higher on their site.

Nvm. Still dunno. No other place seems to sell a gutted deluxe version so maybe this does include it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jltaser']On the other forums, it's been confirmed that you don't get Nintendo Land.

Nothing in the description mentions the stand or charging cradle so I would assume you don't get those either.

They have the typical Nintendo land bundle priced higher on their site.[/QUOTE]

I talked with them too and they said the same thing. I recall the 32gb version only coming bundled with Nintendoland. I asked them if this meant the deal was for an open box Wii U; they said no and this was sealed. Just that this one doesn't come with the game, so who knows.

[quote name='Tuxedo38']I talked with them too and they said the same thing. I recall the 32gb version only coming bundled with Nintendoland. I asked them if this meant the deal was for an open box Wii U; they said no and this was sealed. Just that this one doesn't come with the game, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I have no clue what to make about that. I've yet to see a deluxe box that doesn't have that Nintendo Land "sticker" on it and this product page doesn't give you a snapshot of the box. =/

[quote name='jltaser']yeah, I have no clue what to make about that. I've yet to see a deluxe box that doesn't have that Nintendo Land "sticker" on it and this product page doesn't give you a snapshot of the box. =/[/QUOTE]

It could easily be a screwup from customer service, but it does say deluxe console in the product title. Who really knows.

I'm just about ready to bite. Nintendo Land isn't the deal breaker for me, it's the charging cradle for the controller. I really want that to be in the package.

EDIT: According to Deal News, it's got the stand and cradle, but doesn't include the game. Pretty strange.

Further EDIT: Bought. $298 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dev518']Is it possible to PM this at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I don't think BB will match the price after a coupon code. Also this isn't technically the same thing sold in stores since it doesn't include the game.

[quote name='theflicker']I've seen piles of the cradle charger at Target for 5.98, fwiw.[/QUOTE]

This, though it's been closer to $9 for me in Minneapolis. If you're not too hung up on Nintendoland(great game if you have a few people to play with) or the digital store bonus, get the white Wii U and check out Targets for the charging cradle(worth every penny, even at $20). The storage is a non-issue, since it's going to fill up very quickly and you'll need a hard drive eventually.

I dunno. Not a whole lot of great games out of the gate. I heard Zombi U was okay, though. I'm holding off for a bit, but am still a Nintendo fan. Just feel a bit cheated with the original Wii. :(

Yeah I'm kind of the same way. The Wii had a great first-party lineup, but Nintendo let far too many crappy third-party minigame collections in the door, and it ended up damaging the system's image. Waiting until the U has more good stuff. Plus, they might drop the price a bit once PS4 and XB1 come out.

I picked up the basic @ $239 at target a couple days ago. they had the charging cradle for $6 and i grabbed nintendoland from gamestop for $17 i think it was. not a bad deal

[quote name='NeoTrunks']They also sell a Deluxe set that shows a box for $360. So, can anyone confirm what you get for the $349 model? Do you get Nintendo Land game as well as the stand and charging cradle for the tablet?[/QUOTE]

Their inventory is always kinda wonky like this.

* - Sometimes they have a fake SKU in the system until they get the product, then they use a real SKU and never clean out the old one.
* - Sometimes B&M Stores and their online store have different SKUs, yet the online store shows both.
* - When they do special promos, they often create a separate SKU for the sale price. I.e., they sell so many at the sale price, then they're gone.

I live near quite a few of their stores. Sometimes you'll even see multiple prices in the store itself. They're good about price matching, though. Always make sure you look up the best price on their site and they'll honor it. They're generally pretty good to work with, they're just suffering some growing pains with the store fronts, I think. They've also done a complete 180 with their rebates. Follow their instructions and you'll get them.

[quote name='Dev518']Is it possible to PM this at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I was wrong before, I guess BB does price match TigerDirect coupons.

Unless there are games on it you just have to have right now (LOL) I'd suggest waiting until black friday. That's when you're going to see some huge discounts, right in the time when Xbox and PS are dropping in. They probably aren't going to have a lot of killer games until that point any how.

[quote name='gordojones88']I'll get a Wii U when it goes on clearance next year.[/QUOTE]

derp.

This joke NEVER gets old from everyone.

Got my Wii U from Tiger Direct yesterday. It's the standard deluxe console with everything, including Nintendo Land packed in. It was a nice surprise.

I can confirm that this is complete. Ordered it on $306.05 shipped on 5/16/2013. Came with Nintendo Land, charging cradle, and everything else that is included in the deluxe set.

bread's done
Back