32GB Playstation Vita Memory Card $72 on Amazon

this is a good deal
sig.jpg

They don't currently have any in stock, but keep an eye out at webuy.com . They sell them for $50. There is a possibility that you will receive a used one, but they shipped me one brand new in the packaging. Right now they have 16 GB cards for $25 (plus shipping $12.99 for me).

If you can't wait, Amazon's $72 is still alot better than MSRP.

Is this a good price? I am buying a Vita and don't know how much they go for on other sites like eBay, etc.

Also, is 32GB really necessary or is it a waste of money?

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Is this a good price? I am buying a Vita and don't know how much they go for on other sites like eBay, etc.

Also, is 32GB really necessary or is it a waste of money?[/QUOTE]

Its necessary if you own a lot of PSP or PS1 titles or plan to buy Vita games digitally.

Determining if 32 GB is necessary depends on what you plan on doing. If you just want to buy physical games primarily (with a few PSN games), then a 4GB or 8GB would be sufficient. If you plan to be digital heavy, then yes it would be wise to get a 32.

I went with the 32 even though I had an 8. Besides the PSN Vita games I bought, I put a couple PSP games and then movies on it. Now that PS One classics are available I have nearly filled up the 32.

[quote name='Llamaw00d']Determining if 32 GB is necessary depends on what you plan on doing. If you just want to buy physical games primarily (with a few PSN games), then a 4GB or 8GB would be sufficient. If you plan to be digital heavy, then yes it would be wise to get a 32.

I went with the 32 even though I had an 8. Besides the PSN Vita games I bought, I put a couple PSP games and then movies on it. Now that PS One classics are available I have nearly filled up the 32.[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing and 8GB was still not enough. I still downloaded demos and put music and videos on my Vita. If you're smart than you'd get a 16GB or 32GB regardless of what you think you'll be doing with it. Data adds up fast for the Vita. But if you're really smart, you'd wait until the 32GB is $50 (by the end of the year) and get that instead. Not worth it at $72 imo.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Going to see if my local BB will price match this deal for me today![/QUOTE]

They won't. BestBuy does not price match internet deals (the last time I checked). It's best to go to Frys.

[quote name='Yigytugd']They won't. BestBuy does not price match internet deals (the last time I checked). It's best to go to Frys.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I was going to see about price-matching and using my $50 gift card towards it (from the Madden Vita bundle purchase). I suppose I could use the BB gift card towards an Amazon card, and just buy it on Amazon.

[quote name='Yigytugd']They won't. BestBuy does not price match internet deals (the last time I checked). It's best to go to Frys.[/QUOTE]

BB does Price Match Amazon. Its just up to the manager to decide. My local BB always does as long as its shipping directly from Amazon. I got my 32GB card from BB and got it for the $72 price.

[quote name='finsfan0210']BB does Price Match Amazon. Its just up to the manager to decide. My local BB always does as long as its shipping directly from Amazon. I got my 32GB card from BB and got it for the $72 price.[/QUOTE]

Actually it is against policy for them to price match online products including Amazon. You're just lucky.

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011
"Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers? No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores."

Price match sort-of successful. Manager wouldn't match $72.00 price, but would drop their $99.99 price down to $79.99. With my $50.00 gift card I took the deal. Not too shabby.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Actually it is against policy for them to price match online products including Amazon. You're just lucky.

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011
"Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers? No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores."[/QUOTE]

Not true, they changed their policy last month. They WILL PM Amazon, but it IS manager's discretion. I've done it, talked to the employees about it, who confirmed that the company is finally PM'ing online. Fry's kinda pushed them into a corner, imo.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Price match sort-of successful. Manager wouldn't match $72.00 price, but would drop their $99.99 price down to $79.99. With my $50.00 gift card I took the deal. Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

That's cool that they agreed to help out. They'll PM Amazon, but as you found out it is Manager Discretion on it, so at least they came down some. Do you have a Fry's in your area? I assume BB's located in same cities as Fry's will match without much hesitation, as you'll just go to Fry's if they don't..

[quote name='honzoh']That's cool that they agreed to help out. They'll PM Amazon, but as you found out it is Manager Discretion on it, so at least they came down some. Do you have a Fry's in your area? I assume BB's located in same cities as Fry's will match without much hesitation, as you'll just go to Fry's if they don't..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was definitely appreciative that he helped me out. I haven't ever had an issue matching Fry's prices, but I've never tried matching their site, only their physical ads.

Deal is dead. Price went back up to $81.58. Was about to buy one too- oh well. I guess that's what I get for not making up my mind. Hopefully it goes lower... I really need more memory.

It's not up to the manager to decide if they will price match Amazon or not. Third party(sold ON Amazon and not BY Amazon) prices may be another thing. Ask them to see the list on their computer of places that they price match. I have price matched Amazon more than once at Best Buy. And, lol'ed when I price matched Kmart, but they don't have them on their list.

First-time Vita owner here, just bought today from Frys, I'm looking to actually use the Vita, and from what I see, almost EVERYTHING requires this proprietary memory card. :(
I missed out on the $72, so I just picked up a used one for $69. (Amazon used section)
Slightly off-topic: what's the deal with used ones? You just need to format it before you use it, and it's yours, good as new, right?

bread's done
Back