32GB PS Vita Memory Card $54.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjouzata

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Deal is Dead

On Yardsellr a user has a 32GB Memory Card for $54.95 + free shipping.

http://yardsellr.com/for_sale#!/ps-vita-32gb-memory-card-6070480

I've used Yardsellr to order this 8GB memory card some guy had posted for $7, and I can say that it is definitely a site to check around from time-to-time. Although Facebook being required to access the offers, it isn't bad at all. You even end up with discounts from the Photon points that you receive randomly. So if you have interest, check it out! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Still $40 too expensive, especially so after Nintendo's recent Wii-U announcement of universal memory compatibility.

[quote name='sadakou']Still $40 too expensive, especially so after Nintendo's recent Wii-U announcement of universal memory compatibility.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck does this even mean, lol. The PS3 comes standard with an HDD and is cheaper than the wii u.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']What the fuck does this even mean, lol. The PS3 comes standard with an HDD and is cheaper than the wii u.[/QUOTE]

It means the recent announcement just shined the spotlight on Sony's greed and terrible business decisions. It has nothing to do with piracy.

They had so many people hooked on getting a Vita, but have since proceeded to do everything in their power to convince people otherwise.

Even 32 gb isn't very viable when FF7-9 are 4 gb each and developers are pushing all of their games to PSN out of fear of lack of consumer support.

[quote name='sadakou']It means the recent announcement just shined the spotlight on Sony's greed and terrible business decisions. It has nothing to do with piracy.

They had so many people hooked on getting a Vita, but have since proceeded to do everything in their power to convince people otherwise.

Even 32 gb isn't very viable when FF7-9 are 4 gb each and developers are pushing all of their games to PSN out of fear of lack of consumer support.[/QUOTE]

Q.Q I dont disagree
I used 12GB already only by games.

(Tatic ogre, valk 2, FF7, Soundshape, project diva 2.5gb, ragnarok 1gb , gundam seed 1gb and other shitty installation)

[quote name='sadakou']It means the recent announcement just shined the spotlight on Sony's greed and terrible business decisions. It has nothing to do with piracy.

Even 32 gb isn't very viable when FF7-9 are 4 gb each and developers are pushing all of their games to PSN out of fear of lack of consumer support.[/QUOTE]Jesus fucking Christ, exaggerate much? Absolutely NONE of the FF games you mentioned are even CLOSE to being 4GB a piece.

While I do agree that Sony's proprietary memory cards are pretty overpriced, when you compare them to say that of a micro SD card, I don't think the price needs to drop as steep as you previously stated.

Even 32 gb isn't very viable when FF7-9 are 4 gb each and developers are pushing all of their games to PSN out of fear of lack of consumer support.[/QUOTE]

FFVII was only 3 discs, which topped out would be in the neighborhood of 2.1GB.
FFVIII was 4 discs, so around 2.8GB.
I don't remember IX, but 3 discs again I think.

So, no, 4GB each is a vast exaggeration. Besides, 32GB for $100? I paid $75 for 512MB back at the PSP launch for a MS Pro Duo -- on sale no less.

If Sandisk or one of the other memory companies were making licensed memory (like on the PSP), that would probably bring the price down. TBH, these are launch prices and will remain stupid until they learn to cut costs. It took over a year for MS Pro Duo prices to become reasonable and I don't see why it wouldn't happen again.

Also, Wii U =/= value with a $175 controller and two SKUs for no reason. If their digital distribution is still as terrible as it has been on the DS and Wii, then having all the cheap storage in the world means nothing if you don't want to use it.

Holy GOD! I dont own a Vita nor have I had much interest in one, but this $55 for 32GB is considered a DEAL??

Just for your info my 32gig hold a ton of games: 15 ps1 games (including ff7, xenogears, sotn, & wing commander), two full vita games (vt4 & ngblack),seven psp games (including persona 1-3 & fftactics), seven psn games, three minis, and a ton of saves from physical games. Even with all that I still have 10gigs of free memory left over. Yeah 32g is absolutely viable for gaming.

[quote name='MakenX']FFVII was only 3 discs, which topped out would be in the neighborhood of 2.1GB.
FFVIII was 4 discs, so around 2.8GB.
I don't remember IX, but 3 discs again I think.

So, no, 4GB each is a vast exaggeration.
[/QUOTE]

Do none of you own FF7,8,9 on PSN? Each of those games is under 2 GB.

FF9 is 1.5, FF8 is 1.8, and FF7 is 1.3.

[quote name='Draknight'] 15 ps1 games (including ff7, xenogears, sotn, & wing commander)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Umair56']Do none of you own FF7,8,9 on PSN? Each of those games is under 2 GB.

FF9 is 1.5, FF8 is 1.8, and FF7 is 1.3.[/QUOTE]

How are these games running on the Vita, btw? I noticed they don't have them expressly listed under the Vita part of the store, so I got the impression that they weren't compatible just yet. I'm talking about Xenogears, FF9, and SOTN, specifically.

Day 1 Vita and 32GB card owner. I'm currently down to 2.6GB with the following full games on the card.

Vita Downloaded games:
Wipeout 2048 /w Wipeout HD DLC tracks
Hot Shots Gold
Motorstorm RC
Pinball Arcade with all DLC
ZEN Pinball 2 with all DLC
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Puddle
Treasure Park
Fireworks
Cliff Diving
Table Soccer
Paint Park

Vita Retail installs (patches, dlc)
Uncharted: GA
Gravity Rush
Rayman Origins
Mortal Kombat
Army Corps of Hell
Lumines

PSP Games/Minis
Ages of Zombies
Wizorb
Corpse Party
Persona
Persona 2: IS
Persona 3
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
Final Fantasy Tactics
Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSX Games
Castlevania SotN
Castlevania Chronicles
Front Mission 3
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Silent Hill
Suikoden
Um Jammer Lammy
Dino Crisis
Medievil
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Grandia

I sure wish I could get a larger card to carry around enough games to keep me busy, and I wish the Vita had actual games to play. Oh wait, it does.

The only time 32GB would seem small would be carrying around a months worth of music, 720p video where you could get 8-10 hours on the card. But if you want to play games, you'll have more than enough room.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']How are these games running on the Vita, btw? I noticed they don't have them expressly listed under the Vita part of the store, so I got the impression that they weren't compatible just yet. I'm talking about Xenogears, FF9, and SOTN, specifically.[/QUOTE]

They run flawlessly, and look great on the Vita's OLED. Much better than playing them on the PSP. I played lots of Gex 3 on the PSP, and just now started to play it on the Vita: it's staggering how much more vibrant everything looks.

Only "issue" is that turning on "Fast Loading" in the emulator options can make some of the games screwy; in other words: just leave the "Fast Loading" option set to "off", which is the default setting.

[quote name='jyerby']Holy GOD! I dont own a Vita nor have I had much interest in one, but this $55 for 32GB is considered a DEAL??[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='sadakou']Still $40 too expensive, especially so after Nintendo's recent Wii-U announcement of universal memory compatibility.[/QUOTE]

Apples and Oranges.

Sony is selling proprietary memory cards at a premium to make up for having to sell the vita at a loss due to the current technology that had to be developed for the system.

Nintendo is letting you use any memory you like but selling you 5-7 year old technology because this old technology allows them to shine up an old turd and sell it at a profit out the gate.

Bought two 32gb Vita card for $65 each from Newegg When i picked the system up in march off Ebay for Cheap (First Edition Bundle)

Got another for my DAD for $110 Brand New in the box from a guy off craigslist.....

I set both Vita's to my PSN account that me and my dad share.

Me and him are able to Share any game bought off the PSN store. The digital route has saved me a ton of money.

I want Madden, He wants Madden...39.99 x 2?

No just download it for 35.99 once and we both get it.

Vita is great couldn't say a bad thing about it now that it's plays PS1 classics.

I can play Vita Games, PSP Games, PS1 Games, Minis, PS2 Games through Remote Play, Or my emulators

Actually it says 49.95 now...dammit that's such a good deal and my 4gig card is running out of space. But I hate buying used...dammit decisions decisions!

[quote name='doc_j88']Bought two 32gb Vita card for $65 each from Newegg When i picked the system up in march off Ebay for Cheap (First Edition Bundle)

Got another for my DAD for $110 Brand New in the box from a guy off craigslist.....

I set both Vita's to my PSN account that me and my dad share.

Me and him are able to Share any game bought off the PSN store. The digital route has saved me a ton of money.

I want Madden, He wants Madden...39.99 x 2?

No just download it for 35.99 once and we both get it.

Vita is great couldn't say a bad thing about it now that it's plays PS1 classics.

I can play Vita Games, PSP Games, PS1 Games, Minis, PS2 Games through Remote Play, Or my emulators[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm confused but intrigued. You guys just share the same PSN account? Even if you do can you both play madden at the same time?

[quote name='bgame2']Ok, I'm confused but intrigued. You guys just share the same PSN account? Even if you do can you both play madden at the same time?[/QUOTE]

The big limitation here is that you will both be earning trophies on the same account. This is the main reason that I didn't do this with my son. We both have our own PSN accounts and unfortunately we have to buy multiple copies of the games. I plan to buy physical copies of single player games so that we can share them.

[quote name='Blumpkin']This is Why I didn't buy a Vita.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you skipped on the 360 for the same reason then, proprietary memory.

[quote name='Todd33']I'm sure you skipped on the 360 for the same reason then, proprietary memory.[/QUOTE]

I personally skipped out on the 360 because of proprietary memory, battery packs for controllers, a separate wireless adapter, a separate HD-DVD player, and lastly an ongoing subscription to Xbox Live.

I was like "Wait I can buy a PS3 and get rechargeable controllers, built in wifi, a blu ray player, AND free online?!"

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']How are these games running on the Vita, btw? I noticed they don't have them expressly listed under the Vita part of the store, so I got the impression that they weren't compatible just yet. I'm talking about Xenogears, FF9, and SOTN, specifically.[/QUOTE]

The only PS1 game I've actually sat down and played on Vita is FF9 and that runs as well and looks nice on the Vita screen. The only thing is that you can't use the left analog in place of the direction buttons, you have to use the buttons. I'm not sure if thats just with FF9 or with all PS1 games that didn't originally use the left analog but I'm assuming its something that will be fixed when they properly give it Vita support. Not really a big issue though.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']I personally skipped out on the 360 because of proprietary memory, battery packs for controllers, a separate wireless adapter, a separate HD-DVD player, and lastly an ongoing subscription to Xbox Live.

I was like "Wait I can buy a PS3 and get rechargeable controllers, built in wifi, a blu ray player, AND free online?!"[/QUOTE]

I always thought the fact that the Xbox controllers required batteries was a positive since you can replace their rechargeable batteries at any point. I have some launch PS3 controllers that hold a fraction of the charge that they did when they were brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back