32GB PS Vita Memory Card $65 New/$55 Used($48 w/ PUR) w/ Coupon @ GS

Geco17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
97 (100%)
Didn't think anyone caught this, but GS has the PS Vita Memory Cards on sale or possibly a permanent drop. The new price is $79.99. It can be used with the $15 off GS coupon right now to make it effectively $64.99. 

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/98472

They have the used 32GB for $55 with coupon. Also if you have a PUR, seems to take $7 off, making it $48 (Thanks PAULINK)  

Picture of coupon and PUR discount.

gs32gb_zps3e9bac5a.png

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-32gb-memory-card-gamestop-refurbished/102055

Coupon Code:

GUST15 - $15 off $59.99+ orders of in-stock games and accessories. (Thanks litepink)

Use SAVER for free shipping.

This is a great deal who is looking for vita memory for the PS+ sales and people with GS credit.

EDIT: If people are looking to take advantage, do so ASAP. Coupon supposedly ends tomorrow. "GUST15 - $15 off orders of in-stock games and accessories totaling $59.99 or more. Use Code:GUST15. Excludes hardware. Other exclusions may apply. Offer Expires 8/21/13."

EDIT 2: GUST15 works now until 5/26. If you missed this, this is your chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh 80 is still pretty goddamn ridiculous. I think I'd get a 16gb refurbished card for $35 that's a much easier pill to swallow.

It was announced (during Gamescom PC) that the prices of the memory cards are going to be significantly reduced...but no exact price.

Was disappointed as well guys, but oh well. Hopefully they do release a bigger storage sometime. The 32GB do fill quickly, especially with PS+. I think Sony just assumes a 64GB is unconventional since not many people use anything higher than a 32GB SD/microSD for their phone, camera, and etc

Was disappointed as well guys, but oh well. Hopefully they do release a bigger storage sometime. The 32GB do fill quickly, especially with PS+. I think Sony just assumes a 64GB is unconventional since not many people use anything higher than a 32GB SD/microSD for their phone, camera, and etc
They can't compare phone/camera images/videos/games to full AAA titles.

Is the Vita even capable of using a 64GB card?  SDHC caps out at 32GB.  64GB cards are SDXC.  I don't know if a simple firmware update would fix the issue or if new hardware would be required, meaning this option would only be available later through a "Vita Slim" type release.

Is the Vita even capable of using a 64GB card? SDHC caps out at 32GB. 64GB cards are SDXC. I don't know if a simple firmware update would fix the issue or if new hardware would be required, meaning this option would only be available later through a "Vita Slim" type release.
I imagine that it can be done. (The Wii did this)

By any strange chance, is there any way to buy at the store and be able to use the promo code? The stores in my area show the 32GB as in-stock, and seems that they won't be restocking online. I buy all my games at Amazon, so don't really know if this is something gamestop would do.

UPDATE: To answer my own question, they don't. Called the store before going, the guy told me they did accept the code. Got to the store, they wouldn't accept the code. Was about to order 2-16GB cards from GameStop website (for $68.50 total after GUST15 promo), but decided to go with Amazon, ($73.50 total after using the $5 off with facebook promo). $5 for convenience in not too bad.

I think Sony just assumes a 64GB is unconventional since not many people use anything higher than a 32GB SD/microSD for their phone, camera, and etc
This is the company that just announced a 12GB PS3. Little more than half the size of the smallest option available seven years ago. They have a very warped view of storage needs.

Wow!  $80 is their new, low price.

After all this time since Vita's release, that is the best they could?

Can someone remind them I can get a class 10 micro SD 32 card for $29???

I always said, if Sony really worried about piracy, they should have made an adapter that could be used by standard micro sd cards.

Just greed, pure and simple.

What really blows my mind, the cards are almost exclusively used to buy their content!!!

If anything, they should be giving them away.

Wow! $80 is their new, low price.

I always said, if Sony really worried about piracy, they should have made an adapter that could be used by standard micro sd cards.

What really blows my mind, the cards are almost exclusively used to buy their content!!!

What makes you think that you can't hack a micro sd card?

Anyway - your reason is sound logic all around /sarcasm.

It is a business, not your best friend.

It doesn't work that way. Adapters are can be easily reverse engineered. Especially if on one end you have the highly standardized SD card.

Then what you would see is pouring third party Chinese adapters and Sony won't make a dime.

Companies have to make a profit to stay intact, they are greedy bastards for wanting to stay in business.

Yeah I guess I should have known Sony wouldn't had dropped the price that much.  So I missed out on this, hopefully some good deals on them to come though, get one as low as 50 bucks at least. 

Vita memory card and micro sd are the same size, an adopter won't fit.

This is the company that just announced a 12GB PS3. Little more than half the size of the smallest option available seven years ago. They have a very warped view of storage needs.
aint that the truth
I just got splinter cell in the mail and about died laughing when I saw it had a 12 gb mandatory install
at least the 500gb ps4 is justified by hardware limitations and it can be upgraded once larger drives are released

What competition do they have in that format?

Oh right, none. Cause it's their format.
I meant that they would sell more vitas and vita software if the cards were more reasonably priced. I know I would have bought a vita sooner if memory was more reasonably priced. Their competition is the 3ds, smart phones and tablets.

Does the code for the 15 off work only online or can I buy this in the store???

The code only works online I believe.

BTW, I just ordered a used one that is now back in stock.

Thanks OP, picked one up used...even though I don't need this. Will be nice to finally have some space!

Thanks!  Just ordered a used one for $47.99!  Hopefully I can sell my 16GB for about $50 (looks like the going rate on eBay) and upgrade for just a few bucks (after fees).  When I got my 16GB (Target price match of Best Buy $29.99 pricing) I sold my 8GB for around the cost of the 16GB.  The 16GB was adequate - always had some space (after deleting games I finished and not downloading every PS+ game).  With the 32GB I can pretty much download anything I might want to play.

I feel embrassed by asking this, but on the final checkout page "Pay with GameStop gift cards, Trade cards, or PowerUp Rewards™ cards " I entered my card info and it displays $30.xx in credit which covers it partially (EDIT: Rest I entered my CC number). I placed the order, and it seems it doesn't show my payment breakdown like Amazon does. And it seems the credit isn't even deducted from my (trade) card at all?

You mean they took a partial payment and let you complete the order?  I'm guessing that it will just get canceled once they don't have the full payment.

You gotta watch GS.com with store credit purchases though.  I've had orders canceled and then not gotten my money back.

You mean they took a partial payment and let you complete the order? I'm guessing that it will just get canceled once they don't have the full payment.

You gotta watch GS.com with store credit purchases though. I've had orders canceled and then not gotten my money back.
Okay thanks. All I wanted to do is exhaust my $30.xx GS credit. Their system may be slow to update, since I always had an abundance of GS credit this is the first time I paid partially with credit and partially with CC. Hope they don't mess up my order.

Okay thanks. All I wanted to do is exhaust my $30.xx GS credit. Their system may be slow to update, since I always had an abundance of GS credit this is the first time I paid partially with credit and partially with CC. Hope they don't mess up my order.
Ah, the rest was with a CC - should be no problem then. They might not deduct the gift card balance immediately. Did you get a confirmation email from GS?

Yep I did, I think it should have been processed. It's just the clear cut system invoices and immediate balance reflections of amazon have spoiled me.

Don't think they remove the credit until it ships or something...credit continues to sit there if you try a preorder from what i remember. That fact let me do some strange things a couple years back.

Okay.Am I the only one with concerns about a "refurbished" memory card ? Has anyone had experience with buying such stuff from gamestop ? 

Gamestop is inefficient in all forms when it comes to payment. I paid a preorder with credit and a gc, cancelled it and they gave me cash. It's odd.

I hope this is the best deal on a 32GB for a while. $50 shipped ain't bad at all. Might upgrade my vita to the IGC Vita bundle tomorrow. For roughly $55 I can get a game and PS+ as well as upgrading my vita to a 3G.

Okay.Am I the only one with concerns about a "refurbished" memory card ? Has anyone had experience with buying such stuff from gamestop ?
Never had experience, but from a technical standpoint, a memory card is very hard to "damage", early stage circuit aging effects are also usually negligible, unlike say, a GPS or laptop.

sweet just got one and then I tried to order another one but it went out of stock. Oh well at least I got one so I'm good.

Got lucky and scored a 32gb refurbished one. My 16gb card was refurbished and it worked fine since day one. That was almost a year ago. Keep checking periodically and you might get lucky. That is what I did :D/.  

bread's done
Back