349.99 for Wii?

paynus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
my boss picked up a wii last weekend for her husband for father's day, and the only one she could find was at a "gameco" (bb, cc, target, all sold out). they told her that it would be 349.99 b/c "they had to make money". it wasn't any kind of bundle they made her buy, it was just the 249.99 system.

is this right? does she have any recourse? this isn't a pawn shop, it was brand new and i think gameco might have the same parent company of gamestop but not sure...any thoughts on this?

I think that's legit. I know in Canada a lot of stores have added $10 bucks to the price of the Wii simply because they can. I know it seems pretty BS but that's how things work as far as I know.

The $249.99 is the MSRP for the Wii. But it's just a suggestion for the price, the final price is up to the store that sells it. So if they want to jack the price up $100, they can.

[quote name='paynus']my boss picked up a wii last weekend for her husband for father's day, and the only one she could find was at a "gameco" (bb, cc, target, all sold out). they told her that it would be 349.99 b/c "they had to make money". it wasn't any kind of bundle they made her buy, it was just the 249.99 system.

is this right? does she have any recourse? this isn't a pawn shop, it was brand new and i think gameco might have the same parent company of gamestop but not sure...any thoughts on this?[/quote]

She did have recourse. She wasn't forced to buy it, it was her choice.

ya, good call. i guess what came to mind was the gas gouging of 2001 when everyone that paid 5 dollars a gallon got reimbursed.

[quote name='paynus']ya, good call. i guess what came to mind was the gas gouging of 2001 when everyone that paid 5 dollars a gallon got reimbursed.[/quote]

If that is a response to what I said, gas is sort of a necessity. The wii isnt. The wii is a novelty, as mine sits and collects dust.

[quote name='help1']If that is a response to what I said, gas is sort of a necessity. The wii isnt. The wii is a novelty, as mine sits and collects dust.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

And you don't need to buy a Wii to get to work everyday. You don't have any "recourse" for willingly buying something at an agreed upon price a legitimate retail store. I doubt any store has an "I changed my mind about the price a week later and I feel like I got ripped off so I should get some money back" policy.

gas is not a necessity....it just makes life easier....your boss got price gouged BIG TIME...the store does make money off it at $249.99 ..... she needs to take it back and report them to the BBB and contact higher management

[quote name='Malik112099']gas is not a necessity....it just makes life easier....your boss got price gouged BIG TIME...the store does make money off it at $249.99 ..... she needs to take it back and report them to the BBB and contact higher management[/QUOTE]BBB? Hah!

[quote name='Malik112099']gas is not a necessity....it just makes life easier....your boss got price gouged BIG TIME...the store does make money off it at $249.99 ..... she needs to take it back and report them to the BBB and contact higher management[/QUOTE]

The store is only making a few bucks off the system at MSRP.

I'd contact their corporate offices and bitch, but there's no reason to waste your time with the BBB. It's a BS move to jack the system up that much, but if people are willing to pay it (which apparently they are) they're getting out of it what the market will bear.

bread's done
Back