$35 trade-in value for Wii Zelda:TP at EB/GS

matters38

CAGiversary!
Ok, so I got a call today from an automated system from GS telling me that "their records show I had preorder Zelda:TP for the Wii" and that they wanted to inform me "of a special offer that I can trade it in for $35 store credit before 2/21." I don't know if this is YMMV or only because I had preordered, but I thought I should post it and see if anyone else had heard or know about it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

Its listed on their trade-in list as being $35 so if you have the Edge card, you can pretty much make that $38.50 as the trade-in value. That also means it should be a deal for everyone and not just if you preordered it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I guess I jumped the gun by thinking it was some kinda covert, ninja deal or something. Getting more than 50% back from a trade in is pretty dang good for GS.

[quote name='matters38']Awesome. I guess I jumped the gun by thinking it was some kinda covert, ninja deal or something. Getting more than 50% back from a trade in is pretty dang good for GS.[/QUOTE]

Hell, its more like almost 80% back in value. Its trading in for more than most of the 360 or PS3 games and those retail for $10 more. I'm seriously considering doing this trade-in myself actually. I haven't beaten it though yet but I bet I can do it in the next week if I really put a genuine effort into it.

Would you guys say it would be a good idea to trade it in if I beat that game already? The only other games I have for the Wii are Wario Ware and Elebits (Which is also my girlfriends) and so this is the only real serious game I've got for the system. I just don't know that I would play it again any time soon. I just re-purchased WW and might play through that again recently, and I figure I can wait if this is a game that I really want to own and buy it when it costs like 10 bucks used way on down the line.

[quote name='jeromechef']Would you guys say it would be a good idea to trade it in if I beat that game already? The only other games I have for the Wii are Wario Ware and Elebits (Which is also my girlfriends) and so this is the only real serious game I've got for the system. I just don't know that I would play it again any time soon. I just re-purchased WW and might play through that again recently, and I figure I can wait if this is a game that I really want to own and buy it when it costs like 10 bucks used way on down the line.[/quote]
Man, it's Zelda. If you're interested at all in collecting video games, I think this one is without a doubt a keeper.

[quote name='jeromechef']Would you guys say it would be a good idea to trade it in if I beat that game already? The only other games I have for the Wii are Wario Ware and Elebits (Which is also my girlfriends) and so this is the only real serious game I've got for the system. I just don't know that I would play it again any time soon. I just re-purchased WW and might play through that again recently, and I figure I can wait if this is a game that I really want to own and buy it when it costs like 10 bucks used way on down the line.[/QUOTE]

I'd say trade it in now and rebuy it when it drops in price.

Sure its Zelda but its a launch title also, a fairly big launch title as well, which means the used market will be flooded a year from now. I'd imagine a year or 2 from now, Gamestop won't be able to give used copies of this game away. If you wanna keep the game for the long run, rebuy it later at a cheaper price. Trade it now while its high.

Hm... $35 for the game, plus an extra 20% (with the coupon from Game Informer) would mean a $42 trade in value. Dang... That is tempting. I beat the game and don't plan on replaying it for a while, so I could buy it for $20 eventually. Hmm....

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Hm... $35 for the game, plus an extra 20% (with the coupon from Game Informer) would mean a $42 trade in value. Dang... That is tempting. I beat the game and don't plan on replaying it for a while, so I could buy it for $20 eventually. Hmm....[/quote]

Yeah dude thats what I'm saying.

And to the other guy, I'm not necessarily a video game "Collector" so much as I just like owning good games, and have gone back and rebought a few GCN games that I foolishly traded in when I got rid of my Cube. I'm going to rebuy this game at some point anyway, I'll just probably trade it in now because basically the game will have cost me 8 bucks (With the 35 + 20%). What isn't to like about that.

[quote name='Desiboi1992']OMFG EB/GS not raping ppl w/ their Trade-in values?!!??!?!?!!!???!

The worlds-a-changing[/quote]

...no, just when they sell it used for $45.... :cry:

Definitely trading mine in toward Crackdown, the game is simply a dissapointment compared to past Zelda's, and I'm unwilling to subject myself to a game that is anything less than great, especially for 40+ hours.

[quote name='contej85']Definitely trading mine in toward Crackdown, the game is simply a dissapointment compared to past Zelda's, and I'm unwilling to subject myself to a game that is anything less than great, especially for 40+ hours.[/quote]

You do realize you are against a good 99.95% of the American population who have played this game...right?

too bad its ebay value is still holding pretty strong...there was some potential for some trade-in credit perks here

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Hm... $35 for the game, plus an extra 20% (with the coupon from Game Informer) would mean a $42 trade in value. Dang... That is tempting. I beat the game and don't plan on replaying it for a while, so I could buy it for $20 eventually. Hmm....[/QUOTE]
So wait...if you get $42 trade in credit for it that way, and use the extra 10% off used games coupon in GI...wouldn't that mean you can trade it in for $42 and then buy it back for $36?

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']too bad its ebay value is still holding pretty strong...there was some potential for some trade-in credit perks here[/QUOTE]
Really? I checked it out a few weeks ago and it looked like the Wii version was fetching $30-35 used, and the GameCube version $40-45 used. The main difference is that Zelda was the first game every Wii owner bought, and there are like 200+ auctions for the Wii version at all times.

I would definitly trade this in for $38.50 or $42, whichever you can get :) ...if you don't have a value card then boo, you're probably a collector that refuses to buy used games anyway ;)

[quote name='contej85']Definitely trading mine in toward Crackdown, the game is simply a dissapointment compared to past Zelda's, and I'm unwilling to subject myself to a game that is anything less than great, especially for 40+ hours.[/quote]
Get yourself ready for an even greater disappointment awESOME TIME!

Crackdown is craptacular TEH BEST GAME EVErZZ!!!1.

[quote name='bassec']You do realize you are against a good 99.95% of the American population who have played this game...right?[/quote]

Since when does that matter?

IF he doesn't like a game, he shouldn't force himself to play it because its the "cool" thign to do.

[quote name='yukine']Get yourself ready for an even greater disappointment.

Crackdown is craptacular.[/quote]

YOu took the words out of my mouth. You are dissapointed in Zelda and you will only play Great games, yet you are going to get Crackdown?

Hmm the Trade it for $42 and buy it for $38 sounds nice, a few more bucks on the crackdown pre-order, WITHOUT having to sacrifice one of the best games ever.

I don't think sony would really care how many people are trading in Wii games.. I've seen stores with lots more used PS3 games than Wii ones, anyway. If anything, this is gamestop trying to get people in the store, and trying to get used Zeldas, because i've not seen any Zelda: TP copies used.. actually saw one for gamecube, that was it.

i thought the Crackdown demo was a blast. the control was excellent, and while it's sure to become repetitive, some of the biggest hits do the same. i was considering trading TP in for CD as well, especially since i've already completed TP (which was an excellent game, but doesn't touch my top 10 by a LONG shot).

[quote name='yukine']Get yourself ready for an even greater disappointment.

Crackdown is craptacular.[/QUOTE]

Really? You've played it already? Why don't you go ahead and post your gamertag so we can see what achievements you've gotten?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Really? You've played it already? Why don't you go ahead and post your gamertag so we can see what achievements you've gotten?[/quote]
Of course not the retail version, but the demo was enough for me to label it as "meh." It's not terrible, but considering all the hype surrounding Crackdown, it's more than likely going to be just as big of a disappointment as Zelda was for contej85.

That's why I said, "Get yourself ready for an even greater disappointment." Or are you just getting panties in a bunch over something else?

[quote name='yukine']Of course not the retail version, but the demo was enough for me to label it as "meh." It's not terrible, but considering all the hype surrounding Crackdown, it's more than likely going to be just as big of a disappointment as Zelda was for contej85.

That's why I said, "Get yourself ready for an even greater disappointment." Or are you just getting panties in a bunch over something else?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he just doesn't care for Zelda? I mean, I know that is a shocking and controversial revelation but not everyone is nuts about the newest Zelda. Sure he might be disappointed with Crackdown but the way you state it is that its a foregone conclusion. There's no way to say that with any amount of certainty because you, yourself, haven't even played anything more than the demo.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Perhaps he just doesn't care for Zelda? I mean, I know that is a shocking and controversial revelation but not everyone is nuts about the newest Zelda. Sure he might be disappointed with Crackdown but the way you state it is that its a foregone conclusion. There's no way to say that with any amount of certainty because you, yourself, haven't even played anything more than the demo.[/quote]
Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm merely warning him based on my own opinion of what I have played of Crackdown, obviously my opinion is based on a demo, but it still stands. People base their purchase decision on a demo all the time, it's nothing new.

You don't have to be an Xbox Nazi, people have different opinions on them here Internets. And I think you're taking the "craptacular" portion of my post a little too seriously, it's time to sign off CAG for a little while.

Edit: I have edited my original post, so you'll stop crying about it.

[quote name='yukine']Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm merely warning him based on my own opinion of what I have played of Crackdown, obviously my opinion is based on a demo, but it still stands. People base their purchase decision on a demo all the time, it's nothing new.

You don't have to be an Xbox Nazi, people have different opinions on them here Internets. And I think you're taking the "craptacular" portion of my post a little too seriously, it's time to sign off CAG for a little while.

Edit: I have edited my original post, so you'll stop crying about it.[/QUOTE]

So wait, you're calling me a "Nazi" for calling you out on forcing your opinion of the Crackdown demo on someone else? Interesting.

The $42 is just too tempting, esp considering the games that are coming down the pipeline. If I ever have the inclination to play the game again, I'll probably pick it up during the Toys R Us B2G1 free sale when it hits Players Choice price.

[quote name='yukine']Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm merely warning him based on my own opinion of what I have played of Crackdown, obviously my opinion is based on a demo, but it still stands. People base their purchase decision on a demo all the time, it's nothing new.

Edit: I have edited my original post, so you'll stop crying about it.[/quote]

Shut the fuck up.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So wait, you're calling me a "Nazi" for calling you out on forcing your opinion of the Crackdown demo on someone else? Interesting.[/quote]
I'm not forcing my opinion, although you may interpret it that way. But the fact remains, that you're the one jumping on my ass because you don't agree with something I said.

You had to get in a forum bitch fight, just because I said it was A: Disappointing, and B: Craptacular. Like I said previously, time to sign off CAG for a little while.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So wait, you're calling me a "Nazi" for calling you out on forcing your opinion of the Crackdown demo on someone else? Interesting.[/quote]
I wasn't forcing my opinion on anyone, you just interpreted it that way and proceeded to get into a forum bitch fight because you didn't agree with what I said.

bread's done
Back