360 Arcade 60gb HD and 3 Months XBLive $50

Chickenmumbo

CAGiversary!
Xbox 360 LIVE Starter Pack Arcade console upgrade 60GB hard drive

Hard drive comes preloaded with Xbox 360 content: game demos, trailers, and an assortment of Xbox LIVE arcade game trials.

3 Month subscription to Xbox LIVE lets you jump into the world of multiplayer gaming.

Ethernet cable connects to your existing high-speed Internet connection.

Wired headset lets you chat with friends and trash-talk online opponents.
Note - requires Xbox 360 Arcade console (not included).

I'm a PS3 guy and don't know if this is a great deal. Seems like I've been seeing Xbox Arcades going for cheap. Maybe this is a good upgrade ?

http://www.meijer.com/s/xbox-360-60gb-live-starter-pack/_/R-186333

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']Xbox 360 LIVE Starter Pack Arcade console upgrade 60GB hard drive

Hard drive comes preloaded with Xbox 360 content: game demos, trailers, and an assortment of Xbox LIVE arcade game trials.

3 Month subscription to Xbox LIVE lets you jump into the world of multiplayer gaming.

Ethernet cable connects to your existing high-speed Internet connection.

Wired headset lets you chat with friends and trash-talk online opponents.
Note - requires Xbox 360 Arcade console (not included).

I'm a PS3 guy and don't know if this is a great deal. Seems like I've been seeing Xbox Arcades going for cheap. Maybe this is a good upgrade ?

http://www.meijer.com/s/xbox-360-60gb-live-starter-pack/_/R-186333[/QUOTE]

That hard drive will only work with the old 360's so do not buy it if you have the new slim model.

[quote name='dashrendar']That hard drive will only work with the old 360's so do not buy it if you have the new slim model.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. You can take the hard drive out of the old 360 case and just connect it to the SATA connector on the new slim 360's. There are videos on youtube.

[quote name='ted_bundy']Not necessarily. You can take the hard drive out of the old 360 case and just connect it to the SATA connector on the new slim 360's. There are videos on youtube.[/QUOTE]

If you do this I would buy an enclosure for it. They're like $10 but might be worth it. The drive won't fit in there as snugly as it would in an enclosure and I'd worry about stress on the connection point when the 360 gets moved.

Of course I would also rather just buy a 250 GB drive on newegg for ~$50 and use that. I understand why some people aren't comfortable doing that though.

[quote name='gage006']Totally thought this was the actual console for a 360. Was about to jump on that insane deal.

:dunce:[/QUOTE]

Totally sorry, I couldn't fit all the info in the title. I even left out the wired headset. I thought the HD and the Xbox live were important to include.

[quote name='ted_bundy']Not necessarily. You can take the hard drive out of the old 360 case and just connect it to the SATA connector on the new slim 360's. There are videos on youtube.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't exactly seem like an exact science to "ghetto rig" your 360 slim. Sort of a proceed at your own risk type deal.

Is the price of this HD (essentially $25) comparable to the knockoff HD's found on ebay of the same size? Anyone?

[quote name='gage006']Totally thought this was the actual console for a 360. Was about to jump on that insane deal.

:dunce:[/QUOTE]

Bahah, if that were true I would have bought like four!

I don't know if this is available in store or not. But right now Meijer is having a deal if you spend 40 or more on General Merchandise you get $10 off instantly.

if you can butter toast you can put this in a Slim. And 3 inches of electrical tape will make it ready to be dropped by parachute anywhere around the globe.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My dad surprised me with a 360 Slim as an early birthday present today (my first gen model was having problems overheating), but neglected the issue of the hard drive. I didn't want to seem like a jerk and bring up the fact that a new one would be more than $100 (MSRP of course). This might be a good alternative, especially if I get hold of a good case like I intend to. I just hope they don't release an update or anything that makes compatibility an issue- is that a possibility?

[quote name='swirly76']deal IS dead. back up to it's original $100 price point. nobody should be biting on that ridiculousness[/QUOTE]

Yes its a daily deal. I posted it was dead when I got an email from Meijer... but they kept it going for a while longer.

bread's done
Back