360 Console

splattered

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
My second launch era 360 is about to take a dump on me... i need to look at getting a new one. Anyone know of any good deals on the Premium/Elite?

I was thinking of throwing mine on ebay, but if you're interested maybe there is something we can work out? PM me for details if you are.

is it a 3 flashing lights issue/overheating? microsoft is still taking the systems. they extended the warranty to 3 years. i just called them today on my gf's, lil brother's 360 that is giving the 3 flashing lights. the warranty expired but it qualified for free repair due to overheating.

1) I think you can pay for the extra warranty

2) Open up the system, take out the dvd drive, open up the drive, and remove the 'crap' that has built up around the moving parts (laster, moving track thing, etc). I did that to one of my systems and it's been working fine since. Same problem. The issue is one of the brands of disc drive has 'crap' build up inside of the dvd drive.
Opening will, of course, void the warranty. Removing option 1.

$99.99 for a service repair is what microsoft is charging if your system is out of warranty. might as well buy a new/used working console.

Any upcoming deals on a 360 arcade (core) system? RRoD warranty about to expire on my launch unit and was looking for another.

I'm in the same boat. My launch console dvd drive is failing and leaving little (but deep) scratches on the outer edge of disks and having a hard time reading many disks. Figure I might as well try to sell it and get Elite with newer internals and a HDMI. Never thought my launch consoles dvd drive would die before RROD.

What The Hell!?!?!?!? I am in the same boat. Except for mine is overheating after like 10 minutes of game play.:cry:
I might get the one off of amazon, but if you trade in a system at GS, you get $30 extra in credit. So I guess I will trade in my broken console, unless anyone wants to buy it for parts?

Just throw a towel over it and give it RROD...it will overheat eventually. The chances of getting the same console back are very slim.

The warranty is 3 years from purchase date, and not manufacture date, correct?

So you could technically buy a new console right before the warranty expires on your current console, and keep doing this for as long as you like?

bread's done
Back