360 Controller w/ New D-Pad $51.99 - Buy.com

Received mine this week. Like the new D-Pad, but I can't charge the thing via ANY USB port BUT the 360's. Won't charge connected to my PS3, my PC, my Mac. Nothing.

Something must have changed in the circuitry, and I'm also bummed that it keeps thinking it needs to be charged when I turn the 360 to standby mode. Red light stays on. If I turn the 360 back on, unplug and re-plug in the controller, the light goes green immediately.

Very odd..

I received this too over the past week. I luv it! But their is one thing that is nagging the hell out of me is that the right trigger squeaks when I ever I tap on it. Any remedy for this?

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']I received this too over the past week. I luv it! But their is one thing that is nagging the hell out of me is that the right trigger squeaks when I ever I tap on it. Any remedy for this?[/QUOTE]

Mine does too, got mine on tuesday, bought it saturday. Surprised how fast it arrived with the free shipping, sadly i don't have an answer for you. My battery pack wouldnt hold a charge so I'm getting a replacement.

Do either of you guys have the problem where it won't indicate that it's fully charged if the 360 is in standby? The battery gets pretty darn hot. I actually think the charging mechanism is design flawed... :(

I got the controller today. Unfortunately I have guests and can't play games. The controller is nice though. I played with the transforming d-pad for a bit.

[quote name='WilliamG']Do either of you guys have the problem where it won't indicate that it's fully charged if the 360 is in standby? The battery gets pretty darn hot. I actually think the charging mechanism is design flawed... :([/QUOTE]

Can anyone answer this, please? :(

[quote name='Chocoburger']I'm going to doubt this. No PC company has been able to make a good D-pad thus far. Only SEGA/Sony/Nintendo.

Xbox 1 had the garbage "fatty controller" with a garbage D-pad. Then the Type-S with a garbage D-pad then the 360 controller with a garbage D-pad. Yeah, chances of this actually being better is almost nil.

Changing the area that you touch on the D-pad doesn't mean it will be more responsive or comfortable to use (the type of plastic they use is terrible--but maybe this one is better). Overall I'd bet the farm that this D-pad is pathetically unresponsive. Though I'd like to be wrong, I ain't trusting MS and buying it without knowing for sure.

Games that use D-pads:
Tony Hawk (one of my favorite series--even though it's dead now--Ride DOES NOT COUNT)
Fighting games (all series)
2D platformers (all series - Hello XBLA where you're filled with old-school games!)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (not an Xbox game I know, but the D-pad was important for "stalking")

Then there are 3D games where the game gave me the wrong weapon type or whatever else axillary option due to unresponsive hardware.

Anyone who thinks D-pads aren't used anymore must have their heads in the ground (or perhaps someplace else). :\[/QUOTE]

Gravis Gamepad Pro would like to talk to you. No PC peripheral maker pursues these because there's little interest in it. The hardcore MAME cabinet people all use joysticks. Plus only noobs use controllers.

[quote name='opportunity777']The D-Pad on the MS Sidewinder was the best.[/QUOTE]

The original?

And to me and a lot of people in the fighting game community believe that there is no better d-pad than the one on the Sega Saturn controller. Never wears me out and is always accurate.

[quote name='FurryCurry']The original?

And to me and a lot of people in the fighting game community believe that there is no better d-pad than the one on the Sega Saturn controller. Never wears me out and is always accurate.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sid...X9/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1289278508&sr=8-15

I dunno if they redid the D-pad for the USB version. I used to play plenty of fighting games on emulator with it, and I would never miss a beat. I was better with the ergonomic D-pad than the arcade stick. My thumb would never get tired either. I like the Sega Saturn D-pad too, but I like this one just a bit better. It is extremely ridiculous how no controller has a good D-pad anymore.

bread's done
Back