360 controllers

MikeC

CAGiversary!
Silly question. I have some friends coming over this weekend to play on my 360. One of them has an original x-box and volunteered to bring over his controllers. Will they work on a 360? I doubt it but thought I would check.

Assuming they will not work, I would like to augment my current 2 wireless controllers so we can get more people playing this weekend. I've seen some relatively cheap (about $25) off-brand wired controllers at EB Games and Walmart. Do you guys know of any other ways to get my hands on cheap controllers?

Thanks CAGs!

unless you have amazon prime and get them shipped to you overnight. your best bet is to just go to eb games and see if they have a used controller.
But, if you aren't planning on doing this often, i would just have people bring over their own controllers. I'm sure someone else has an xbox 360... that's what i've done in the past.
i'm pretty sure the old xbox controllers won't work, there's no way to plug them in. But, even with a usb adapter, i'm sure they don't work.

Nope. Don't work. Don't buy any fucking 3rd party controllers please. Just don't. Have your friends pony up and get their own controllers. Or you can bite the bullet and get some at the store. Or split the costs or something. Just don't get a 3rd party controller.

Original Xbox controllers do NOT work.

Original MS wired controllers are $31 on Amazon

The wireless version is $38.

You could buy whichever version you prefer at a local store and order them from amazon as well, then return the new ones to the B&M (with your receipt) when they show up.

Once you add in Tax, this gets you the real thing instead of a cheap knockoff for an extra $3. Well worth it IMO.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, use Amazon Prime to get them shipped next day for cheap....although, since it is Thursday, you better do it RIGHT NOW.[/quote]Standard 2-day shipping won't get them there until Monday.

He'd have to do overnight shipping to get them there by Friday, and that would be $3.99 w/Prime.

[quote name='shrike4242']Standard 2-day shipping won't get them there until Monday.

He'd have to do overnight shipping to get them there by Friday, and that would be $3.99 w/Prime.[/quote]
So again, buy them at amazon (Prime or not) AND a local store. When the amazon order comes in, return the unopened controllers to the store. :)

[quote name='geko29']So again, buy them at amazon (Prime or not) AND a local store. When the amazon order comes in, return the unopened controllers to the store. :)[/quote]Toss in some gas money on two trips to a B&M store, plus time spent, and some people may not think that's worth it. Plus, floating two charges on the CC isn't always enjoyable, either.

I see 1st party 360 wired controllers by the barrelfull at every used shop I go to in my area. Hop in the car and for God's sake, don't go to GS/EB. Have your buddies each bring an old game and use it as trade in credit.

[quote name='geko29']So again, buy them at amazon (Prime or not) AND a local store. When the amazon order comes in, return the unopened controllers to the store. :)[/QUOTE]

You do realize that is fraud.. right?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']You do realize that is fraud.. right?[/QUOTE]
How? There is absolutely no difference in the product being returned, not to mention, HE HAS A RECEIPT.

bread's done
Back