360 Data Transfer Kit $8.99 through Ebay DOD (buy.com)

[quote name='life.exe']A USB drive will do the same thing. But I guess its a good price for it if you don't already have a USB to use.[/QUOTE]

How does a USB drive do the same thing?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How does a USB drive do the same thing?[/QUOTE]

There are programs that allow you to do what a transfer cable does, but with a USB.

Or if you just want to simply transfer from one HDD to another HDD:
1. Plug in USB
2. Copy or Move everything to the USB
3. Plug in new HDD
4. Copy or Move everything from USB to new HDD.

Pretty simple stuff.

[quote name='life.exe']There are programs that allow you to do what a transfer cable does, but with a USB.

1. Plug in USB
3. Plug in new HDD

Pretty simple stuff.[/QUOTE]
A USB on a Xbox 360 console will only hold 16GB of data. So what would be a better solution if, say, you have 70GB of data?

[quote name='hypertails02']A USB on a Xbox 360 console will only hold 16GB of data. So what would be a better solution if, say, you have 70GB of data?[/QUOTE]

Do it multiple times, in your case, transferring stuff five separate times.

[quote name='Maynard']and?[/QUOTE]

These 3rd party transfer kits are fairly notorious for not working properly or coming with iffy software

for example
http://www.amazon.com/Data-Transfer-Cable-Xbox-Drive/dp/B001O3QU6A/

You are likely safer and easier time simply spending the extra cash and just buying an official MS kit direct from MS for $15 plus shipping

http://store.microsoft.com/microsof...-Data-Migration-Transfer-Kit/product/7707C68E

Once you are done with it, you can sell on ebay, where used official kits sell quickly and often for more than what MS sells them for because most people don't realize you can order them directly from MS now (just search ebay under "360 transfer kit official" to see what I'm talking about)...with a used the 3rd party kits you might be able to sell for a couple of bucks tops because you are competing against about 9000 knockoff sellers from China.

[quote name='K_G']These 3rd party transfer kits are fairly notorious for not working properly or coming with iffy software

for example
http://www.amazon.com/Data-Transfer-Cable-Xbox-Drive/dp/B001O3QU6A/

You are likely safer and easier time simply spending the extra cash and just buying an official MS kit direct from MS for $15 plus shipping

http://store.microsoft.com/microsof...-Data-Migration-Transfer-Kit/product/7707C68E

Once you are done with it, you can sell on ebay, where used official kits sell quickly and often for more than what MS sells them for because most people don't realize you can order them directly from MS now (just search ebay under "360 transfer kit official" to see what I'm talking about)...with a used the 3rd party kits you might be able to sell for a couple of bucks tops because you are competing against about 9000 knockoff sellers from China.[/QUOTE]

That is what I heard too... hit and miss.

[quote name='life.exe']There are programs that allow you to do what a transfer cable does, but with a USB.

1. Plug in USB
3. Plug in new HDD

Pretty simple stuff.[/QUOTE]

I tried this with a memory card instead, and my Ninja Gaiden 2 save games gave an error message so I elected to transfer all the content with the official MS data transfer kit (paid $13) and everything worked flawlessly.

[quote name='erehwon']I bought one of these from dealextreme. Using some third party software, I was able to back up my locked ME2 saves.[/QUOTE]

the big question is can you restore and use it? those locked saves are pain in the ass.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so wait, is there a way to transfer everything on one HDD to PC and then PC --> new HDD?[/QUOTE]
If you use the official or the knockoff transfer kit and some third party software, yes you can. For the software, you can use xplorer360 or the software for datel's xport. The xport is a device you can put the hard drive or a memory unit into. I would have bought that, but it a little hard to find and $50 where you can find it.

I had better luck using the xport's software. I might not have been using the newest version of xplorer360.

I've copied over a locked save to my PC, but I don't remember if I tried moving it back yet. I think I did.

bread's done
Back