360 elite and Costco Warranty Q's

McNutsack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sorry, this sites earch engine has not been working for me the whole day, and I have a strict amount of time, but anyway:

I've been googling and reading mixed signals on Costcos policy involving the 360.
If I buy it there, some say it's covered for 90 days only now, some say 2 years, and some say a life time.

Any one want to verify the real answer?

Seeing as how that podcast with Microsoft announcing it's inevitable that all 360's will break down entirely faster than expected, I really wont take a plunge into this until I'm sure that I can at least justify my purchase by making it last at least 3 years (life time warranty!)

Also, do you request/buy the warrantry at Costco? Or is it simply a part of their expert service so long as you keep your receipt of purchase?
Walk in, hand them the faulty console, walk out with a new beautiful faulty console.

Oh and coincidentally Costcos site gets error msgs when I try to view the 360 hardware section, so can someone confirm a price on the 360's they sell? lol. preferably the elites.

Thanks a lot.
Sorry the search isn't working.

there online site doesnt have any 360 listed on it currently.

my gfs father works part time at the local costco and he works up front, and hes required to take back anything and everything regardless of condition as long as the person has a reciept or can prove it came from there store. but that might be that store only

thats all i help with,

I returned my red ringed gears of war bundle back in May or June of this year, and everything went pretty smooth. I walked in, told them it doesnt work, and they gave me a full refund( I had the original packaging and nothing was missing, it seems thats all they cared about). I bought this system back in December of 2006. From what I remember, I dont think they cared too much about the receipt, as they pulled up the purchase from my membership profile or something of that sort. Not sure if they "required" a receipt, but I think it helped speed the process up.

I then bought an elite shortly after online, and tried desperately to find confirmation that..if it fails, I could return this anytime. Their policy seems specific and always mentions things directly i.e MP3 players, Computers, TVs all have limited return policies. WHen i emailed customer service asking what their policy is on the 360's, they gave me the same canned message from their warranty page. So, Im guessing till the warrantly explicity says "video game hardware/ xbox 360 excluded," then costco should cover any 360.

The site didnt seem to pull up anything on 360 bundles for myself either. Hope this helps!

Thanks, that does help.

But my next question would be, what would the policies be once newer bundles of the 360 come out?

Like say I spend $500 on their elite bundle, and in 2 years try to replace it. They now only sell some "super duper elite" 360 model, and the bundle has 3 games instead of 2, and cost more...

Would they still allow me to exchange?

I guess what I'm saying is will I hopefully have the chance in the future to exchange for a newer model of the 360's that fix most of the problems, even if the bundles are a tad bit different and vary in the price I paid for mine?

Well, they just gave me a full cash refund and thats it, no exchange. It was either Cash or Store Credit. So in that case, you would have to pay the difference if it were more, or save some money if its cheaper.

I have returned mine to a sams club 5 times, well not the one I actually bought but all of my friends. I purchased the 3 year warranty and each time they try to hassle me but I always walk out with a new system.

[quote name='supermonkeyballer']I have returned mine to a sams club 5 times, well not the one I actually bought but all of my friends. I purchased the 3 year warranty and each time they try to hassle me but I always walk out with a new system.[/quote]

lol, sounds like something me and my bro would do (walmart.... heh)

That's good to know,though.
Glad Costco doesnt make you pay for their "warranty" though

bread's done
Back