360 Elite System @ Wal-Mart

commish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got back from Walmart and they had the 360 Elite system on the shelves, went to go purchase one and it rung as "do not sell" they called they manager over and she said item was being recalled and all systems need to be taken off the floor. The manager had no idea what she was talking about. I did not argue with them wishe I did just to pick it up.

They only received two systems.

yeah, my wal-mart had twilight princess for the wii on the shelf a week early. it rang up do no sell as well. i tried protesting, they called corporate and got bitched at :(... then treated me like a criminal because they had it on the shelf early. :((

[quote name='CounterSeal']Your topic title makes it seem as if all Walmarts are breaking the street date. Clearly that's not the case..[/QUOTE]

My topic is letting people know that they are out there, and if you get lucky someone might sell it to you. I am informing the community they are out there.

Wow, I just thought those were display boxes! Oh well, I saw about 3 at my local K-Mart, but didn't bother to ask about it since I still need to use my warranty from BB.

man , i can believe that some people scrored elites and have them already on sale at ebay

Went through the same ordeal at Wal Mart today, me and my girlfriend each tried to purchase one and rang up "do not sell" So manager hassled us and ended up telling us they "could hold it for us until release date" which we obviously could care less about and left, for future reference this happened in Richmond, IN.... about 50 miles east of Indianapolis.

walmart is so stupid. i cant believe they dont even tag these with 'HOLD IN BACK ROOM UNTIL 4/29' sign when they receive these. whats even worse is that the employees dont even realize it & say something. unbelievable.

[quote name='psyanide82']I hate to be that "this is not a deal" person...but...yeah.[/quote]
Deals don't always have to mean cheap prices. Technically, if people can get this before release date, that's a deal as they're able to buy them before they're supposed to come out, meaning they get them before most other people.

If Kmart is getting them, as one person mentioned, I'd try going there. Nearly 90% of the time, the games are run by someone who would rather choke themselves with barbed wire than stay a minute longer dealing with customers. They also don't tend to know much about games, so possibly with enough hassling you could score one.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Wow, I just thought those were display boxes! Oh well, I saw about 3 at my local K-Mart, but didn't bother to ask about it since I still need to use my warranty from BB.[/QUOTE]

Dude.. I'm very shocked that any Kmart in the country actually received 3 launch systems at release date. That's just.... unheard of.

[quote name='tsg2005']walmart is so stupid. i cant believe they dont even tag these with 'HOLD IN BACK ROOM UNTIL 4/29' sign when they receive these. whats even worse is that the employees dont even realize it & say something. unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Every other vendor tags their boxes with big ol' labels that say "Do not sell until XX/XX/XX" None of the 360 Elite crap came in marked this way. Just normal, every day boxes.

Considering the lack of hype this "new" system is getting, most 'non-gamers' aren't even aware there's a new XBox coming out.

I agree with Bob, 120G harddrive in stock at my local Walmart, no price. I asked the lady how much and she said same as the others 100 bucks. So I said ok I'll take one, needless to say she rescanned it and said oops its 179, told her nevermind..........................

I went to two Kmarts the other day in Riverside, CA. The first Kmart I went to had 1 XBOX 360 Elite, the worker said that they recieved 2. After that I went to another Kmart and they had 2 in stock, so I bought both of them, one for me and the other for my brother. So if you live near a Kmart make sure to drop by because if they have them in stock they will sell it to you.

I was at the Kmart by me and they had one Elite in the glass. I was seeing if they had any 360 games on sale but they did not. There was noone working in the electronics section and I just recently picked up a premium so I have no use for the Elite anyway. So wasn't going to wait for someone to show up to tell me its an empty box or that they couldn't sell it to me.

My cousin called me minutes ago (waking me up) and told me that our new super Wal-Mart had Elites behind the display case for sale. I went last night around midnight to buy some things and swung by the electronics area, and I didn't see any Elites at all. So I guess they must've brought them out this morning for sales. How much do they get fined? Is it a flat fine, or a fine for ever 360 sold before the street date?

I work at a Wal-mart, we've had the system and controllers for a few days now, but being the gamers we all are we knew damn well they weren't supposed to go on the shelves yet. One of the not so smart people in my department had already put out the accessories, so we figured the weren't supposed to be out yhet either packed it all up and put in the lock cage in back. Some people are really stupid there. Oh and none of those boxes had a do not sell sticker till whenever sticker on them so I can understand a little bit why the elite stuff leaked on to the shelves. That's the vendors fault not Wal-mart's cause the cases come from them.

[quote name='solidusjoe']I work at a Wal-mart, we've had the system and controllers for a few days now, but being the gamers we all are we knew damn well they weren't supposed to go on the shelves yet. One of the not so smart people in my department had already put out the accessories, so we figured the weren't supposed to be out yhet either packed it all up and put in the lock cage in back. Some people are really stupid there. Oh and none of those boxes had a do not sell sticker till whenever sticker on them so I can understand a little bit why the elite stuff leaked on to the shelves. That's the vendors fault not Wal-mart's cause the cases come from them.[/quote]

Wow. After reading this post, calling people stupid makes sense. ;)

[quote name='Liquid Anubis']My cousin called me minutes ago (waking me up) and told me that our new super Wal-Mart had Elites behind the display case for sale. I went last night around midnight to buy some things and swung by the electronics area, and I didn't see any Elites at all. So I guess they must've brought them out this morning for sales. How much do they get fined? Is it a flat fine, or a fine for ever 360 sold before the street date?[/QUOTE]

No one is going to get fined over it. Here's how the conversation would go.

Microsoft Lawyer: So, our records show that your stores sold 17 "XBox 360 Elite Systems" before the street date of April 29th, 2007. At a fine of $5,000 per unit, that comes to $85,000.

Wal*Mart Lawyer: Okay, we'll send a check out this afternoon. Oh, and we'll need a Return Authorization.

MSL: What?

WML: Well, this was a rather costly mistake and we'd perfer not to chance it again - so we need an RA to return all existing Microsoft and XBox products to you. Also, we'll need to go ahead and cancel all of our existing orders for your products.

[quote name='UncleBob']

WML: Well, this was a rather costly mistake and we'd perfer not to chance it again - so we need an RA to return all existing Microsoft and XBox products to you. Also, we'll need to go ahead and cancel all of our existing orders for your products.[/quote]

That is never going to happen. That is like Microsoft telling Dell that they will no longer license Windows to their PCs because they are supporting Blu Ray and not HD-DVD (which Microsoft supports).

If a vendor tries to pull something over on Wal*Mart, Wal*Mart will very much remove that vendor's items from their stores and stop doing business with them. It has happened before. (Not with a street date situation - as Wal*Mart has never been fined for breaking a street date...)

I think shipping in a bunch of "street dated" merchandise without labeling the boxes that they're street dated, then trying to "fine" the company for selling the merchandise very much counts as trying to pull something over.

WOW HOT DEAL GUYS.

Glad this is in the Video Game Deals Only forum where everyone can get in on it.

[quote name='Apossum']WOW HOT DEAL GUYS.

Glad this is in the Video Game Deals Only forum where everyone can get in on it.[/quote]

I picked up one at walmart yesterday even though it came up do not sell. She manually entered the item title and price and that was it!

Glad this is in the Video Game Deals Only forum where everyone can get in on it.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I know. I guess this and "Wii is at Best Buy" topics are OK here.

[quote name='zozozo333']I picked up one at walmart yesterday even though it came up do not sell. She manually entered the item title and price and that was it![/QUOTE]

And now she's going to get written up or fired. :)

[quote name='zozozo333']I picked up one at walmart yesterday even though it came up do not sell. She manually entered the item title and price and that was it![/QUOTE]

I'm happy for you (but sad for the now-homeless employee) but the deals forum seems to have slipped a lot-- there are tons of threads about non-deals like this.

I don't care if the Toys R' Us in Littleton, NH got 3 Wiis in stock two weeks ago or if some random wal-mart puts 120gb HDDs out. This stuff should go in the regional and shopping discussion forums where people who care can see it.

I'm not meaning to play the surrogate Mod, just making an observation.

is anyone finding the black play and charge kits or the separate rechargable batteries? all i've heard about is controllers and hard drives.

[quote name='xcoax']is anyone finding the black play and charge kits or the separate rechargable batteries? all i've heard about is controllers and hard drives.[/quote]

I saw them yesterday. They also have controller/plug and play kit package in black too.

Glad this is in the Video Game Deals Only forum where everyone can get in on it.[/quote]

You don't have to go into the thread if it doesn't interest you, that's why message boards are structured hierarchically...

In my case, I found this post very helpful since I stopped by kmart yesterday and was able to buy an Elite system more than a week early, now I won't have to hassle with the rush of launch day next Sunday...

I'm very happy with the system so far, although my box did not have the 30 day free xbox live gold membership, anyone else who bought it early had a card for this in the box?

[quote name='teddybass']You don't have to go into the thread if it doesn't interest you, that's why message boards are structured hierarchically...

In my case, I found this post very helpful since I stopped by kmart yesterday and was able to buy an Elite system more than a week early, now I won't have to hassle with the rush of launch day next Sunday...

I'm very happy with the system so far, although my box did not have the 30 day free xbox live gold membership, anyone else who bought it early had a card for this in the box?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but its not a DEAL. It should not belong in the DEALS forum. It can reside in this forum, or the Xbox 360 forum, or even better, the regional forum.

Regardless, do you have yours hooked up through HDMI?

Ugh....I am so gonna buy this....I don't want to, but I know I will.

I went to walmart today to check and to great shock saw someone walking out of the store with one. I aksed the guy if he just bought it and he gave me that are you stupid look. Turns out he did buy it. I ran in to find out that was there only one. Im mad.

This is McHenry,IL If you cant see that under my name.

[quote name='teddybass']You don't have to go into the thread if it doesn't interest you, that's why message boards are structured hierarchically...

I'm very happy with the system so far, although my box did not have the 30 day free xbox live gold membership, anyone else who bought it early had a card for this in the box?[/QUOTE]

theres no actual card. you just sign up for xbox live on your actual console and it'll say you're qualified for a free month of gold subscription. kinda deceptive if you ask me. i didn't know if i had been duped either until i asked someone about it.

oh, and thanks for the info about the spare batteries. i might make a trip to wal-mart tomorrow to see if i can actually get the console itself seeing as how plenty of people are actually getting away with one.

glad you found it helpful, but by your logic, we would just have one forum for every post on CAG. It's just good to keep it organized and it seems like the Deals forum rules have been pretty lax lately.

[quote name='gizmogc']
Regardless, do you have yours hooked up through HDMI?

Ugh....I am so gonna buy this....I don't want to, but I know I will.[/quote]

Yes, I hooked it up through HDMI and it looks great on my 720p tv, but I put the PS3 back on the HDMI input because I don't have component cables for it,
so I have the Elite using component right now...
The extra hard drive space is nice too, since I downloaded the Shadowrun beta on my Premium I was struggling to get anything else, now I could finally get that C&C3 demo and still have 102g free without deleting any of the included content...

[quote name='oasisboy']That is never going to happen. That is like Microsoft telling Dell that they will no longer license Windows to their PCs because they are supporting Blu Ray and not HD-DVD (which Microsoft supports).[/QUOTE]Jesus Christ you suck at metaphors. It would be more like Dell telling Microsoft they'll no longer put Windows on their PC's, which would be a pretty big blow.

This would hurt the Xbox more than Wal-mart, it's not like it's a huge cash cow for them anyway, not with margins games have.

bread's done
Back