360 Game Disc Poll - Are your 360 game discs discolored?

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Or is the 360 discoloring them?

Yesterday, while playing with the various features of my 360, I noticed that the data side of my PGR3 game disc was discolored. Specificaly, it looked as if someone had poured water on the disc and let it dry. Since the game worked I didn't give it much thought until after the wife and I finished watching a DVD with the 360. It was a brand new DVD and it had the same kind of discoloration after watching it on the 360. Am I the only one?

EDIT: CDs and DVDs usually have a uniform coloring on the data side indicating an even distribution of dye. The discoloration I'm talking about looks like they poured additional dye on the disc after the first application had dried.

They might have come that way, some of my PS2 discs are brand new and have weird patterns in the oil or whatever the gold liquid is. They play fine though, I think it's just a mistake in watermarking on the manufacturing side.

none of my disks are like that, except PGR3. And it had that sort of smudge when I got it. It seems to work alright so Im not going to worry about it...

[quote name='daphatty']Or is the 360 discoloring them?

Yesterday, while playing with the various features of my 360, I noticed that the data side of my PGR3 game disc was discolored. Specificaly, it looked as if someone had poured water on the disc and let it dry. Since the game worked I didn't give it much thought until after the wife and I finished watching a DVD with the 360. It was a brand new DVD and it had the same kind of discoloration after watching it on the 360. Am I the only one?

EDIT: CDs and DVDs usually have a uniform coloring on the data side indicating an even distribution of dye. The discoloration I'm talking about looks like they poured additional dye on the disc after the first application had dried.[/QUOTE]

The discoloration on DVDs is normal, you often see it on movie DVDs as well. CDs don't seem to be affected by it.

The 360s aren't damaging them, its just a manufacturing thing that doesn't affect playback.

bread's done
Back