360 games not in HD?

Indiana

CAGiversary!
I was browsing through www.xbox.com and looking at the library I see a number of games that say HDTV support: NO SUPPORT.

Are these games 480p and then upscaled to 720p?

Is that right? I thought all games were going to be 720p native.

Examples:
Need for Speed Carbon
NHL 07
Armored Core 4
Final Fantasy XI
Fusion Frenzy 2
History Channel: Civil War
Just Cause
Lego Star Wars 2

[quote name='Indiana']I was browsing through www.xbox.com and looking at the library I see a number of games that say HDTV support: NO SUPPORT.

Are these games 480p and then upscaled to 720p?

Is that right? I thought all games were going to be 720p native.

Examples:
Need for Speed Carbon
NHL 07
Armored Core 4
Final Fantasy XI
Fusion Frenzy 2
History Channel: Civil War
Just Cause
Lego Star Wars 2[/QUOTE]

Those are all 720p as far as I know. Didn't MS make it a mandate that they had to be 720p or higher? Probably just errors on the site.

I know FFXI, Lego Star Wars, and Fusion Frenzy 2 are 720p. I can't conceivably think that NHL 07 wouldn't be either. Nevertheless, as KR said, probably errors (I agree that I vaguely recall 720p being a mandatory resolution, even if games can scale higher or lower).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Those are all 720p as far as I know. Didn't MS make it a mandate that they had to be 720p or higher? Probably just errors on the site.[/QUOTE]

Yes I saw that mandate in the past. But the xbox.com site seems to contradict that. Many games say 1080i and some say no support. It seems odd that they would not be 1080p rather than i.

What would prevent the game from being in progressive mode other than the hardware?

480i

Never use xbox.com as the definitive source for this type of thing. I know it seems like they should be the end all - be all source, but they simply aren't acurate on stuff like this.

[quote name='Indiana']Yes I saw that mandate in the past. But the xbox.com site seems to contradict that. Many games say 1080i and some say no support. It seems odd that they would not be 1080p rather than i.

What would prevent the game from being in progressive mode other than the hardware?

480i

I'll look on my boxes hold on...

Lego Star Wars says : 480p/720p/1080i
NHL 07 says: 480p/720p/1080i

Those are the only two I have in question.

bread's done
Back