360 hardware troubles..no red rings though. HELP!

gsr

CAGiversary!
I really thought I was one of the lucky ones, but no..

Just a few minutes ago, I started experiencing problems with my 360.

If i fire up a game, it will "sort of" boot, but if I try to start a game it freezes. The first time this happened, my screen had alternating green and black vertical lines. Since then, my screen either freezes or goes dark.

No red rings -- can anyone describe what is happening here? Is the 360 trying to tell me that it is slowly dying?

Obviously, I will get in touch with MS, but I was wondering if this was another "common" problem.

Let's start up the "3 RED RINGS CHANT!" I hope it works out, and by that I hope it breaks so you can get a new one, for you.

I had the same problem a few months ago, and when I asked around people told me they had the same problem and eventually it led to the three red rings of death. So I just traded mine in and got the difference for another premium.

[quote name='Malik112099']who cares? 3 year warranty![/QUOTE]
The 3 years is only for the 3 red lights condition, though you can probably get it eventually if you have to no matter what else is wrong.

I just got a replacement 360 in, my 3rd. First day and its already freezing up here and there.

[quote name='dafoomie']The 3 years is only for the 3 red lights condition, though you can probably get it eventually if you have to no matter what else is wrong.

I just got a replacement 360 in, my 3rd. First day and its already freezing up here and there.[/quote]

3 red lights = general hardware failure...when the GPU dies the 3 red lights will come on

Mine keeps freezing up and makes odd clicking sounds but no Red Rings - only once when I think my third party VGA cable was connected funny. I just restarted and it was fine.

That clicking + freeze is pretty frustrating though - prominent in Madden, Gears but even NBA2k7 and Fable. Should I just shake it and hope I get red rings?

[quote name='Malik112099']3 red lights = general hardware failure...when the GPU dies the 3 red lights will come on[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it should. But you have to wait until that point, however long it takes.

Even if you had a drive failure, you could probably still get the 3 rings if you tried hard enough.

[quote name='invinceable104']Should I just shake it and hope I get red rings?[/quote]

Thats barbaric... try covering all the ventilation holes with tape. Fry that son of a bitch!

bread's done
Back