360 Kiosk at Best Buy

Vyrtigo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I don't know if this is a repost or not, but at least in the West Covina, CA Best Buy, there was a 360 kiosk up and running. It was playing CoD2. I don't know if there were anything game demos as well because some asshat was playing it for literally a half hour even though there was a sign stating a 5 minute time limit. So, if the Walmarts have pulled them, perhaps you can find a 360 to try out at a BB.

Sorry if this is a repost.

No 360 Kiosk at the best buy in Lombard. Already tried out the 360 at Wal-mart so not really worried about trying it out again.

360 in WalMart, East Meadow, NY.

360 expected to arrive in East Meadow Best Buy & EB Games (not in the mall) by Friday.

Played the COD2 demo for about 15 minutes at Walmart and loved every minute of it.

The TRU in Columbia, SC near Columbia Place mall does not have one. They are moving stuff around it seems. This was last friday.

Camden, SC Walmart does not have one as of this morning.

Have not made it to BB yet.

I saw one this weekend at the Daly City BB. I was going to try it out, but a 12 year-old kid looked like he was going to hog it as long as possible (even though it said 5 minute playtime). I left after waiting awhile because I needed to go.

The kiosk had a several demos, but I'm not sure which ones are there though.

[quote name='Daz9402']Saw the same thing at the new Eden Prairie BB in MN. I like the controller a lot.[/QUOTE]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work in Eden Prairie. >.>

[quote name='nixts']360 in WalMart, East Meadow, NY.

360 expected to arrive in East Meadow Best Buy & EB Games (not in the mall) by Friday.

Played the COD2 demo for about 15 minutes at Walmart and loved every minute of it.[/QUOTE]
Cool Dude...I'll be checking that sucker out soon

BestBuy in Cerritos, CA had one. WOW, they have it setup witha flatpanel Sharp HDTV Aquos and it looks amazing. Some guy was playing CoD2 and It looked jawdroppingly great compared to when I saw it at e3 last may. The surround sound was also awesome. Cant wait to one into my room.

Finally saw XBOX 360 in person at Game Stop on Howard Street. I must say I'm somewhat disappointed. The game (CoD 2) looked good but I expected more. I know this is 1st generation software but I thought I would be blown away and I wasn’t. I will be waiting until after the 1st price drop before I bite.

[quote name='mario23air']Finally saw XBOX 360 in person at Game Stop on Howard Street. I must say I'm somewhat disappointed. The game (CoD 2) looked good but I expected more. I know this is 1st generation software but I thought I would be blown away and I wasn’t. I will be waiting until after the 1st price drop before I bite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got back from my local EB in Lake Jackson, TX and I played COD2 and Kameo. The system was really slick and I really liked the controller, but I wasn't that blown away by the games. They are an improvement over the current Gen, but I'll probably also wait for a price drop before I bite.

Are the set up the same way as wal mart? I'd like to find a neck-friendly kiosk.

[quote name='captaincold']Saw 2 Xbox360 kiosk today.

1 at the Puyallup Washington BB.
1 at the Tacoma Washington BB.

The system didn't WOW me at all.[/QUOTE]

I saw one at the Federal Way BB also. Some douche was already playing King Kong on it so I didn't get to try it out but I thought it looked pretty cool.

Well, my ebgames got their system in last Saturday I think it was. As of yesterday (Wednesday) the system was broken. The thing doesnt power on anymore and everything is connected properly (I watched them unplug it and plug it back in, unplug wires, etc). Still, over the weekend I was able to finish the COD2 demo and King Kong demo. Kameo I tried out but didnt get into it that much.

I wanted to play Kameo yesterday but cant and they dont know when they are getting the kiosk fixed

The 360 kiosk at the Wal-Mart near me would freeze every time you loaded a playable demo. I got to hold the controller in my hands, however, and it was more comfortable than the Controller S, which shocked me.

[quote name='Daz9402']Saw the same thing at the new Eden Prairie BB in MN. I like the controller a lot.[/QUOTE]

They fixed the screen at EP, MN. I got there just before two packs of highschool kids... -_- I wanted to shoot them all. "Awe man, this shit be phat! CoD is the shit!" All they wanted to do was play CoD2. Weren't even curious as to what else was on there.

The demo has CoD2, King Kong and a third game I didn't get to see.

In my opinion, PCs don't have much to fear. Sure, it looks sweet on an HDTV, but even a mediocre monitor can boast twice the resolution. As I recall, it doesn't look much, if any bit, better than HL2: Light Coast. The 360 could no doubt smoke my modest PC, but if I had a few bills, I could fix that.

Am I envious of people that won one? Sure, free toys are great. However, I'll be more than content to wait for a price drop/bug fixing.

bread's done
Back