360 novice needs an answer???

dino88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1662 (100%)
I've got an Arcade and I'm looking to buy a hard drive. Someone is selling a used 60gb on CL. Do I need one of those transfer cables if this is the first hard drive I'll ever be using with the system? Or am I good with just the hd? Just attached it and erase whatever is on it from the previous owner. I'm looking to buy tonight, so the quicker the response the better. Thanks guys!

If you don't have a HDD to begin with, you don't need the transfer cable. Just format the drive and off you go!

If it's your first hard drive, you wouldn't need the transfer cable because you don't have anything to transfer.

Thanks a lot guys...off to Craigslist to try and finalize a deal.

edit: One last question (I hope)...if the hdd is from a banned 360 (no idea if it is, just thought it could be an option), that won't affect my system will it?

[quote name='dino88']Thanks a lot guys...off to Craigslist to try and finalize a deal.

edit: One last question (I hope)...if the hdd is from a banned 360 (no idea if it is, just thought it could be an option), that won't affect my system will it?[/QUOTE]

i dont believe so. i mean they banned his console i dont think they do anything to the hard drive itself. just watch out for bootleg hdd's

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i dont believe so. i mean they banned his console i dont think they do anything to the hard drive itself. just watch out for bootleg hdd's[/QUOTE]

He said it was legit (but why wouldn't he) and it's only $30. Is there a way I can tell when I meet him if it's legit or not?

He offered to show me on his xbox, but I was the one that asked to meet somewhere else. So, I think the guy's trustworthy.

Well, I'm back with the hdd. It's looks legit form it's outward appearance. Now is there a way to tell when I plug it in?

[quote name='dino88']Well, I'm back with the hdd. It's looks legit form it's outward appearance. Now is there a way to tell when I plug it in?[/QUOTE]

Don't think there is..... the HDD itself should say like "60 GB HDD"..... if it says that im pretty sure its legit.... but that is a great deal for a 60gb hard drive

Formatted it and seems to be working fine. Now I just need to trade some psn points for xbox points. I've been wanting to play Shadow Complex.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

bread's done
Back