360 Orange Box for $19.99 at Target (ymmv)

This is an EXCELLENT start at posting. If I didn't already have it, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. For those wondering, this is the same price as it'll be on Black Friday, just without the crowds.

Thanks OP!

I would definitely go for this but I don't have a Target near me sadly. :( I would have loved to pick up on this deal.

Has anyone actually found this price in store? Target has had different online/store prices before and they've refused to match.

I saw both the PS3 and the 360 versions at Sam's just yesterday for $18.81. Didn't get either. I played through 3 of those on the PC and just can't stomach doing it again and Portal and that little multiplay game hold less than zero interest to me. But just mentioning this in case someone has a Sam's. I am sure it is ymmv, but worth a peek next time by that way.

Add "Xbox 360" to OP and title.

I have this for PC but my trackball died about the same time I bought it. No way am I going to play with a touchpad. I wish trackballs were still made like the MS Intellimouse Trackball. I hate having the ball where your thumb is. :(

[quote name='SniDa']Has anyone actually found this price in store? Target has had different online/store prices before and they've refused to match.[/QUOTE]

The link says the price is "stores only" so that should be a definite yes.

For those who are curious, the PS3 version is still listed at $39.99. And for those that don't remember the PS3 version was on the clearance schedule many months ago at Target stores.

[quote name='cdrober']Target does not match their website for prices, I got stiffed by this...$40 at my local store fyi.[/quote]

sorry. the website says that it's in-store only so that's weird. I recommend everyone call their local Target to confirm before heading out.

[quote name='robpe36']sorry. the website says that it's in-store only so that's weird. I recommend everyone call their local Target to confirm before heading out.[/quote]

Hey, no need to apologize, I always appreciate any mention of a deal! I think these target things are always YMMV unless an advertised special.

yeah wow that's weird. I just called up three of the targets in my area. one said they don't have it (even though it was listed as available on the website), and the other two said it's 29.99 even though I told them what the website says. it seems like it may be a store-by-store case, so definetely call up your local target and if you don't have any luck, it is on Amazon for $21.99.

This deal will definately be YMMV. You might want to put that in the thread title. Otherwise, you'll get a bunch of dicks that want to come in and poopoo all over the deal and make you feel like you shouldn't have even posted anything.

Seems like they'd have to honor it if you printed the page out since it does say "stores only".. ?

Yeah, you would think that they would have to honor it, but who knows, it says on the web site that individual stores prices may vary. I almost wonder if someone made a mistake when inputting the black friday deal into the computer.......

Damn it. Springfield, OR won't price match. Still rings up $29.99..."It's cheaper because you have to pay shipping and handling, so you're probably only going to save like a dollar or two." Thanks for the explanation...

Man I called two diffrent targets the mondawmin & pikesville targets in baltimore,md both have the game @ $29.99 both said they wouldn't price match the website.

I was thinking of picking this up (again, since I bought it at launch then traded it in for some other games) but does anybody still play TF2 online?

Looks like Target might have made a goof on their website. They don't have any price listed on the 360 version now. Was gonna print thid out and take it in since I have some luck getting the Target by me to price match their own website. Of course, the manager I talk to to do this has commented that it was stupid that a store wouldn't matah there own website.

walked in , checked price at register, $30. Told girl site said store only and supposed to be $20. She immediately adjusted, no fuss or anything. Got Mine. Great Job OP!

Hey people, seems the price has been removed from the site, luckily i didn't close firefox before heading out and got you guys a JPG

Just click the thumbnail

Enjoy

[quote name='NegativeZero']walked in , checked price at register, $30. Told girl site said store only and supposed to be $20. She immediately adjusted, no fuss or anything. Got Mine. Great Job OP![/quote]

That never works at my Target. Was she mildly retarded?

[quote name='wolfhunt']Looks like Target might have made a goof on their website. They don't have any price listed on the 360 version now. Was gonna print thid out and take it in since I have some luck getting the Target by me to price match their own website. Of course, the manager I talk to to do this has commented that it was stupid that a store wouldn't matah there own website.[/quote]

I picked this up today for $19.99 just like the OP stated. So this definitely isn't a dead deal... YMMV most likely but not dead.

BTW - this was the Target in the Hadley shopping center in South Plainfield/ Piscataway, NJ. There was one copy left after I snagged mine... also a 120gb 360 hdd on the clearance rack if anyone's interested.

This was $29.99 at my store (Valencia, CA on Magic Mountain Pkwy) Picked it up anyway since I was already out and and still was a good deal and had a gift card. They wouldn't price match the website saying there's almost always a discrepancy between store and their online price and blamed shipping as the reason for cheaper online prices.

I'm JUST getting around to playing through this now. Never played Half Life 2 on the PC. I started the XBox version a few years ago, and only got to the sewer levels. I'm wrapping up Episode 2 now and then starting Portal.

I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best games ever created, and at $20, it's almost criminal.

Man this is hard. I loved this package. It is an absolute steal but I played through HL2, ep1, ep2, and portal. I don't really play online games so TF2 isn't worth it to me. However that being said I almost feel an obligation to valve to purchase it again.

[quote name='chickenhawk']How much better is the 360 version vs. PS3?[/quote]

well, the 360 version is developed directly by valve, while the PS3's port was handled by EA. I have yet to play either of them for comparison, but i'd imagine that says something right there.

I honestly would just purchase the PC version, since Valve makes high quality Pc games. Only thing that really interests me out of this box is Team Fortress 2.

My computer won't run the half life 2 games well, I tried the free Portal: First Slice and it ran poorly. I already purchased the Portal: Still Alive xbox game when it came out, and it ran great on the xbox.

I still picked this up for Half Life 2 & Ep 1&2 for $21 on Amazon, target here in Portland area still charges $30..... Thanks. for the heads up, saves me from dealing with it on black friday (although I won't be home, I'm hoping to find some internet deals instead like last year.)

I talked with what seemed to be a very sad electronics employee at the Greensburg Target in PA. I don't think he likes his job much. It rang up 29.99, and I told him about what it said on the website. He glumly replied "Oh okay...I'll just change it." I almost felt bad like I was trying to pull a fast one on them. I wanted to prove to him that it said that, but Target cash registers are pretty outdated.

Maybe I'm completely blind or something, but where on the link provided by the OP does it list the price of the game as $19.99?

I was planning to print the page to bring it into store, but I can't find the price anywhere.

[quote name='Arcademode']Maybe I'm completely blind or something, but where on the link provided by the OP does it list the price of the game as $19.99?

I was planning to print the page to bring it into store, but I can't find the price anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Because it's a YMMV clearance item and not a sale price.

I'd go for it even though I already have it on the PC, but my Target hasn't gone that low yet. It's $41.96 near me.

[quote name='okwordyoda']I talked with what seemed to be a very sad electronics employee at the Greensburg Target in PA. I don't think he likes his job much. It rang up 29.99, and I told him about what it said on the website. He glumly replied "Oh okay...I'll just change it." I almost felt bad like I was trying to pull a fast one on them. I wanted to prove to him that it said that, but Target cash registers are pretty outdated.[/quote]

That's both sad & funny. I'll have to try to stop out there from Blairsville this wk and grab one. Thanks for updating their computers! Haha.

bread's done
Back