360 price drop annouced on CNBC?

SithFran

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I usually watch CNN or CNBC while having breakfast and this morning on CNBC around 6:30 AZ time (9:30 Eastern) a guy talking about shares of Microsoft stated that the 360 would be getting a $50 price cut but didn't know if it would be all versions or not.

Did they get some insider info or are they just behind on the speculation we've been gossiping about?

edit
Thanks Knight. And just like Kotaku says, the "report" came from the Hollywood Reporter which I found odd.

Ive been watching CNBC all day at work today, since about 7:30 am est, and I havent seen or heard anything about that, but I'll keep my ears open.

Even with a $50 drop, I'm still kind of put off by the chance of getting a defective Xbox 360's red rings!

Maybe $100 off a Core system that is the same color as the Xbox 360's Elite system! Then, I'll buy a refurbished 20 GB harddrive from Gamestop, so I can play old Xbox games since that is my primary reason for getting into the Xbox market. Maybe, hooking it up to an old computer monitor via Microsoft's VGA cable since I don't have my own HDTV.

Currently going to get an old Xbox, but have been debating on waiting for the Xbox 360 to drop in price.

i don't see it dropping till at least after halo 3 comes out.. cuz the system will sell like hotcakes during the halo 3 craze....(for the people that have been waiting for halo3 at least)

It would make more sense closer to nov or dec.

bread's done
Back