360 Pro Bundle w/3 games, 2 wireless controllers $400 at Walmart.com

Megafrog

CAGiversary!
I just picked this up on the Wal-Mart site for today:

It is an X-Box 360 pro system with 2 wireless controllers, carrying bag, Forza 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and your choice of a third game (including Halo 3) for $399.00. The deal is available online.
Here is a link

What's the catch?

I've said this in like a billion threads, but I've been looking for an Xbox, and the best deal takes it. If this deal is for the Falcon and Walmart isn't screwing with you, I'm so over it.

I would assume it is the Falcon as that is what has the Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance packed with it.

Wait, the one bundle I found (as the link doesn't connect directly) charges you for the controller. It's not free :/. In other words, you're saving about 10 bucks, depending on the game you choose.

Don't you get Halo 3 for free anyway if you have Xbox Live?

Says not available for me either... then I realized, it's for their "Cyber Monday" sale... so perhaps we're not supposed to actually be seeing that deal for another 24 hours?

[quote name='Megafrog']I would assume it is the Falcon as that is what has the Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance packed with it.[/quote]

My friend had to get 4 "Forza Marvel" pack systems before he got a Falcon.
So no. Not really.

[quote name='spooie_redux']Don't you get Halo 3 for free anyway if you have Xbox Live?

Says not available for me either... then I realized, it's for their "Cyber Monday" sale... so perhaps we're not supposed to actually be seeing that deal for another 24 hours?[/quote]

i think that's the 3rd free game the op is talking about... so basically, it's the holiday bundle (i.e. with two free games) with free controller ($35) and a carrying bag (which is quite useless).

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Wait, the one bundle I found (as the link doesn't connect directly) charges you for the controller. It's not free :/. In other words, you're saving about 10 bucks, depending on the game you choose.[/quote]
Yeah, having one controller just ruined the deal for me. D:

[quote name='spooie_redux']Don't you get Halo 3 for free anyway if you have Xbox Live?

Says not available for me either... then I realized, it's for their "Cyber Monday" sale... so perhaps we're not supposed to actually be seeing that deal for another 24 hours?[/quote]
No, you get Halo 3 for free, if you are still paying for Xbox Live for the Original Xbox and if you buy a 360 in some time period.

Per this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8086958

The Xbox 360 is the future of entertainment. With the most stunning games, powerful technology, and intelligent services, Xbox 360 puts you at the center of your entertainment experience.
Xbox 360 Premium w/ HDMI Holiday Bundle Includes:
Xbox 360 Console
Hard Drive (20 GB)
Wireless Controller
Headset
Faceplate
Ethernet Connectivity Cable
Component HD-AV Cable
Xbox Live Silver membership
Xbox Live Gold 30-day trial
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Forza 2 Motorsport

OK, this is the problem with the walmart link.

CheapyD alters the walmart links so he gets the referal id or something I guess. This though breaks the links and causes it to go to the walmart home page instead. Keeping his dome all shiny doesn't come cheap!

you'll need to hand type in (just click on the item and change the product_id number to the one below in your web browser address bar)
product.do?product_id=8086958

So I think it is a secret cyber monday sale item we aren't suppose to see yet.

Ugh, but that is just there normal not a good deal $399 bundle. I think maybe wal mart fixed it from showing up/

I'm almost tempted but I don't need the extra controller. This deal is pretty much just the system with a free controller and $10 off a game. Good but not great.

[quote name='chewbeeb']I'm almost tempted but I don't need the extra controller. This deal is pretty much just the system with a free controller and $10 off a game. Good but not great.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure? 360 controllers retail for $49.99 and a game like Halo 3 goes for $59.99

take the controller to a toysrus or walmart for store credit and you get 2 games for the price of one. That with the free Halo 3 deal means you are pretty well stocked for games for your new console.

Except the shipping cuts into that. But I haven't seen a better deal so far.

[quote name='vienge']How do you figure? 360 controllers retail for $49.99 and a game like Halo 3 goes for $59.99

take the controller to a toysrus or walmart for store credit and you get 2 games for the price of one. That with the free Halo 3 deal means you are pretty well stocked for games for your new console.

Except the shipping cuts into that. But I haven't seen a better deal so far.[/quote]

Any toysrus will just take a brand new sealed controller like that, with no receipt?(no walmarts near me)

Yea, if I were able to do that this deal would be much more attractive to me.

[quote name='chewbeeb']Any toysrus will just take a brand new sealed controller like that, with no receipt?(no walmarts near me)

Yea, if I were able to do that this deal would be much more attractive to me.[/QUOTE]

during the holiday season the TRU near here is much more lenient about no receipt returns, especially the days after christmas. Of course YMMV.

[quote name='vienge']How do you figure? 360 controllers retail for $49.99 and a game like Halo 3 goes for $59.99

Except the shipping cuts into that. But I haven't seen a better deal so far.[/quote]

Gee, why not just shoplift while you're at it?

[quote name='Tyrannical']Gee, why not just shoplift while you're at it?[/quote]

Lol.

I didn't know it was that easy to return stuff to a store you didn't even buy the stuff from in the first place...especially w/o reciept.

[quote name='V-G']What the hell is a Falcon?[/quote]

Oh god...

Why does every thread that you get something free in have to have the word fraud in it somewhere..

I'm not seeing the HDMI spec on the 360 in the bundle....but then again, it does have the two pack-in games. Wal-Mart has been known for doing shady shit like repackaging stuff (i.e., wired guitars in their GHIII bundles).

[quote name='Tyrannical']Gee, why not just shoplift while you're at it?[/QUOTE]

If that's a problem for you then just return it back to Walmart, they get their controller back and you get credit for another game.

or is that wrong in your eyes too?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I'm not seeing the HDMI spec on the 360 in the bundle....but then again, it does have the two pack-in games. Wal-Mart has been known for doing shady shit like repackaging stuff (i.e., wired guitars in their GHIII bundles).[/quote]

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8086958

Go to "Items Included" and click on the picture of the Xbox 360 Premium Console. It pops up a thing that says "Xbox 360 Premium w/ HDMI Holiday Bundle Includes:"

Configuration is not available at this time. Please delete it from your cart. Click here to see available options.

Im assuming its not up yet from that message. Problem is $20 in tax and $20 in shipping. Finding a number of the games they offer for $40 or below isnt exactly an impossible task (you're already paying an additional $50 before tax and shipping for something over the base console price so choosing a game thats either cheap (PGR) or been on sale (Bioshock) makes no sense. If you dont need the extra controller it becomes totally pointless.

On the other hand if you can ship it to a local store and pick it up, that saves $20, helps a little. The icing on the cake would be if you could return or exchange the spare controller in my opinion, and thats YMMV.

OP implies he was able to get the deal? I dont know if i should keep staying up waiting on this to go live, or forget about it as OOS

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']still not live for me. lame[/quote]

This is 1 of their cyber mon. deals. It should show up at some point. There is a spot to select 3rd free game. I am sure this will be live at some point. Total shipped would be $418.88. Best deal out there if you get it.

Awesome!

Is it possible to ship to a Wal-Mart store so I don't have the practically deal-killing $25 shipping charge? Combined with tax, its another $60 on the total...

EDIT: Think I'll have any luck price-matching at Circuit City or Best Buy?

Wow the shipping + tax really kills this deal. 360 Pro is $349 regular + $49.99 controller rounds to $399 add a game and you get around $458

Then again that is before tax...so basically you're just getting this deal without the tax you'd get for buying the bundle components separately.

That's not counting the bag, which I don't really care about.

for me this would be a total savings of $37...

The deal is active now, but shipping killed it for me. $60 or so to Alaska pretty much makes it retail price and I don't need another controller since I already got one that I use for the PC. Bleh this went from a great deal to horrible real fast. Hopefully it'll be better for others.

bread's done
Back