360/PS3 GH:WT Guitar Bundle $30 thru 9/13 @ Costco B&M

skrutop

CAGiversary!
I was at the Costco in King of Prussia PA yesterday, and they had the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar + game bundles for $30 after instant rebate. They only had the 360/PS3 versions, so I'm not sure if it applies to the Wii/PS2 versions as well. Costco.com didn't show any discounts.

edit:

• The bundle is normally $50 - $20 instant rebate = $30 at register.
  • The rebate is applied at register (thanks for confirming, game addict)
  • My Costco didn't have full-band setups, so I don't know their price.
  • Deal expires on September 13 (thanks, Zygote)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this at my Costco in ALpharetta, GA. Almost worth it just for the guitar, but I love my GH3 Les Paul (I have 3 of them now)

[quote name='Felder71']Saw this at my Costco in ALpharetta, GA. Almost worth it just for the guitar, but I love my GH3 Les Paul (I have 3 of them now)[/QUOTE]

I should be heading back to Costco today (forgot to get juice ;)), so I'll see if I can find more details. My Les Paul's been acting up a bit, so it's time for a new guitar. I'm not sure if I want to get this, since I have zero desire to get GH:WT, or wait until I can find the RB2 strat for cheap.

Confirmed in Austin, TX. However, they only had one for XBOX (2 for PS3) and it was opened, scratched, and even the game case had been opened.... super.

They also have GH:WT complete band kit for $80 AR.

i think i saw this at my local Costco yesterday too. not 100% sure, but i believe the rebate is for $20 so without it the guitar kit sells for $49.99.

[quote name='robbyH']How much before rebate?[/QUOTE]

$20 rebate for the guitar kit
$30 rebate for the complete band kit

This is an instant rebate, right?

I wanted a Guitar Hero guitar because I love the song list in GH2 but I think its controller is just garbage compared to Rock Band 2 controller, in that it's too short and its buttons require too much pressure. I'm all over this deal for the guitar alone.

It was this price at Kmart all last week, I picked up one at Sears and price matched. It was in the ad at $40 off retail and said $50, but I guess they lowered the retail price as it showed online and scanned in store as $30.

Just checked online it is back at $70 now.

i believe the sign at my costco said: $49.99 - $20 instant rebate, $29.99 price at register - or something like that.

i considered picking it up but since i already own ghwt and gh5 around the corner, i still couldn't justify the $30.

I picked this up yesterday. I can confirm this is a $20 instant rebate. List price was $49.99 - $20 Instant rebate = $29.99. I'm in Bellingham, WA.

Gee, I remember when I posted that the guitar bundle was ~$68 at Costco and that was a good deal. Then Amazon did $50. Now it's $30. I'm just glad I didn't drop $180 for a full band kit.

BTW, GH guitars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rock Band guitars. The latter are total manure. Spongy strum bars make fast patterns impossible to play and the flush fret buttons mean pure getting-lost-losing-home-position-streak-blowing misery. The GHWT is the best because the "bridge" unleashes Star Power/Overdrive and you can just press down with your palm.

Got one here in Phoenix, AZ. No fuss, no muss.

The rebate runs into September, but I forgot the exact date.

Saw these at my Costco:

PS3 80 GB non-backwards comp w extra dual shock controller & Sony HDMI cables: 379.98
GH 360/ps3 world tour 29.97 incl instant rebate expiry 9/13/09
GH XBOX360 World Tour Band Bundle 79.97 incl instant rebate expiry 09/13/09. Good deal for all the band equipment.

bread's done
Back