360 rechargable battery $1.99 ea. + $6.00 shipping (thingfling.com) [DEAD]

murphyspub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
It's been awhile since they've had these, and this is the first time, I've seen them not listed as "Xbox Mystery Item" but ThingFling.com has a rechargable battery pack for an Xbox 360 controller, with USB/Wall charger. I have one these, and despite it's no name branding, it is an excellent battery. It's playtime is double that of my official batteries, and after a year of being my goto battery, it hasn't lost any of it's capacity. The battery charges with no problem from the play n charge cable as well as the included charger which has a fold out wall socket plug on the back, as well as usb cable. I haven't had any luck using the charger to charge official batteries as the site claims. At $1.99 each plus $6.00 shipping, it's a great deal. That 2 for $10,or 3 for $12.

It appears the deal will be live for 24 hrs.

thingfling.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bite if it was a site like amazon that I know and trust cause I need new batts. Id even pay that horrible shipping..guess ill just have the wife keep bringin me batteries from work haha....

Thanks I think you get 2 of these for 1.99 as it says X2 next to it. Even a better deal

In for 1. Two packs for $8 is worth a try. My current one is dead. Never heard of the site but for 8$ and Paypal security I dont care.

Sanyo Eneloops > all rechargables for 360. I've been through a lot of rechargables when it comes to my 360 controllers and everything has died in a matter of months. The Eneloops have done very well for me and last seemingly ages before getting halfway dead.

I'll vouch for ThingFling as an alright/legit company, I've order some crap from them in the past. If you're going to buy these, you might as well go for 6 (3x2) for $12 shipped. It's silly to not pay $1 more for each add'l after the 1st one. Give them as gifts to friends who still use Alkaline.

[quote name='HydroX']Sanyo Eneloops > all rechargables for 360. I've been through a lot of rechargables when it comes to my 360 controllers and everything has died in a matter of months. The Eneloops have done very well for me and last seemingly ages before getting halfway dead.[/QUOTE]

This. Though I will add that having a good charger is probably more important than eneloops. Unless they're outright bad (which can happen and will occur more often with cheap cells) even low quality NiMH cells will hold up well and last for many, many charge cycles when properly cared for. In fact I'd almost say if you don't have a good charger don't even bother with eneloops. You can ruin eneloops with poor charging practice just as easily as you can ruin any other brand of battery.

Ruahrc

I hate the 360 rechargeable battery packs. I've had several since the system launched and they are always crap. I just go to Best Buy once a year or so and pick up their 48 pack of Dynex AA batteries for $10.99. Way less expensive than having to rebuy two rechargeable battery packs every 6-9 months.

bread's done
Back