360 to PC Controller

Rags

CAGiversary!
I heard today that I could use my 360 controller on PC to play games if I got the correct driver. I found the driver, but I have a question(i'm not at home to check this). >

Will the controller work if I have a wireless 360 controller but I hook it to the PC via the recharge kit wire? Or do I have to use a wired controller?

[quote name='Rags']I heard today that I could use my 360 controller on PC to play games if I got the correct driver. I found the driver, but I have a question(i'm not at home to check this). >

Will the controller work if I have a wireless 360 controller but I hook it to the PC via the recharge kit wire? Or do I have to use a wired controller?[/QUOTE]

I believe its wired controller only. My computer can detect when I hook my wireless up to a USB port, but I can't get it to actually acknowledge it as a controller.

Dang, I was hoping to not have to buy one of those wired contollers. But, I would like to have one though.

Thanks.

[quote name='terribledeli']I believe its wired controller only. My computer can detect when I hook my wireless up to a USB port, but I can't get it to actually acknowledge it as a controller.[/quote]
Its because the wireless 360 controller never acts as a "wired" controller, when you are charging, it is still running through the wireless receiver.

not sure if you have a Rhino Games near you, but they've got used wired controllers for $24.99 (first party). There was a post about a $27 OEM one somewhere in the video game deals forum.

Yep, but some CAG's that bought them said too, they weren't shipped in a "retail box", and may either be new OEM or re-furbished. I'd contact the site and ask before buying, myself.

Just remember not to waste the extra $5 on the "Windows" version. It's the same controller with a driver CD. Just get the normal wired 360 pad.

bread's done
Back