360 video outputs

pdiscool

CAGiversary!
anyone confirm if this is true? Read an article that said 360 does not upconvert 720p to 1080i. It said it does the old trick of upconverting 540p to 1080i. If this is true would it be noticible compared to reg 720p. Also the kiosks at stores with the samsung tv is that in 720p?

I think those kiosks are running at 720p.

my TV does 480, 720, and 1080, but it runs at 720, because it's my tv's native resolution. a couple of posters informed me about this in a thread I made a while ago the HD capabilities of the 360. I know my manager at work, her 360 is running at 1080 because it's her tv's native resolution.

not sure if that at all answers any of the questions haha.

The X360 automatically upconverts 720p to 1080i if you select 1080i as your preferred resolution in the dash. My tv only does 1080i, so that's how mine is set up.

I have no idea how it converts but It looks damn good. Mine is only 480p and 1080i. My XBOX is setup as 1080i and looks amazing.

I got an 30" widescreen Panasonic HD set and have my xbox 360 set on 1080i, and is it just my tv or anyone elses games get cut off on the sides? My Perfect Dark Zero and Need For Speed Underground gets cut off a bit on each side of the screen.. its annoying and dont know how to fix it. My set doesn't have option for screen positioning, neither does the 360.. Bah. >:eek:

[quote name='iloveqtchickz']I got an 30" widescreen Panasonic HD set and have my xbox 360 set on 1080i, and is it just my tv or anyone elses games get cut off on the sides? My Perfect Dark Zero and Need For Speed Underground gets cut off a bit on each side of the screen.. its annoying and dont know how to fix it. My set doesn't have option for screen positioning, neither does the 360.. Bah. >:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people have been reporting this problem. I didn't realize it was happening on widescreen tvs as well though. I have a 4:3 tv and the sides get cut off a little when I'm running in 1080i widescreen mode.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I have no idea how it converts but It looks damn good. Mine is only 480p and 1080i. My XBOX is setup as 1080i and looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Futhermore I can't tell any difference between Need for Speed, Kameo and PDZ, and I'm sure that one of those doesn't say it is 1080i.

My tv will automatically switch 720p to 1080i, so I think ill play around with the settings to see if its any better.
OP question is very unclear.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']My tv will automatically switch 720p to 1080i, so I think ill play around with the settings to see if its any better.
OP question is very unclear.[/QUOTE]

It seems clear to me. He is asking if it (the 360) upconverts from "720p to 1080i" or "540p to 1080i." It seems the 2nd one wouldn't take as much effort since it is just doubling it and wouldn't look as good as well. However, all I see from MS is the statement that it upconverts to 1080i, with no mentioning of the process of doing so.

[quote name='valor19']It seems clear to me. He is asking if it (the 360) upconverts from "720p to 1080i" or "540p to 1080i." It seems the 2nd one wouldn't take as much effort since it is just doubling it and wouldn't look as good as well. However, all I see from MS is the statement that it upconverts to 1080i, with no mentioning of the process of doing so.[/QUOTE]Doesnt seem clear to me. PS: theres no such thing as 540p.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Doesnt seem clear to me. PS: theres no such thing as 540p.[/QUOTE]yes, there most certainly is such a thing as 540 p.

bread's done
Back