360 vs PS3 - 20% Meijer

itlnstln

CAGiversary!
With the coupon that Meijer is offering tomorrow for 20% off. I am going to walk in and purchase one of these consoles at midnight.

From comments made on the CAGCAST and previous threads, these two seem to be equal. CAN ANY OWNERS PLEASE POST SOME DECISION HELPERS???

Meijer is offering a $50 coupon to use towards next game/accessory purchase with purchase ANY PS3 and GT5.

Failure rates of 360 have they been handled yet? How comprehensive/expensive is the meijer replacement program?

BluRay already in the PS3, but no backward compatibility in the 40gb model.... I personally still went 40gb due tot he low price of the PS2 now days.

I purchased a 360 Christmas-time last year with no hardware problems to speak of (it is one of the Falcon chip consoles, I have no real evidence that makes a difference long term, but so far...so good! And Xbox still has a 3-year warrantee if it does eventually RROD me) I went through the same delimna between the 360 and PS3 - so I listed out top games I'd be interested in playing on both systems and pulled up the upcoming releases to see which new games I'd be into. It came down to more games that I wanted to play were on the 360 and having nearly all of my friends on 360 (to borrow games and play online) that swayed me over Playstation. I've currently playing some amazing games (Bioshock, Castlevania SOTN (a classic live arcade download), and COD4), and have a solid backstock of games yet to play after I finish the ones I'm playing now. Online is very solid through XBox Live and, to me, it's worth the $40/year subscription...check Amazon for that, no shipping, no tax. PS3 is a good system and there are a couple exclusives on PS3 I wouldn't mind checking out (Uncharted is one of them) but the sum of all parts make me a very satisfied 360 owner. That's a good deal through Meijer - good luck.

To me, it's this simple:

- if you want to play games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, God of War, and have access to one of the better Blu-ray players, get a PS3.

- if you want to play games like Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and have access to Xbox Live and its massive marketplace, get a 360.

I'm trying so hard to justify buying a PS3 in Walmart's latest $100 GC deal, but I'm struggling to come up with games I need that I can't already get on my 360. Littlebigplanet and Final Fantasy are the only two names that come to mind, and they're not even out yet. So, if someone could set me straight as to why I need a PS3 in addition to my 360, I'd love to hear it.

I feel like the PS3 is one day gonna be worth it, I just can't figure out how.

bread's done
Back